Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Gironimo!: Riding the Very Terrible 1914 Tour of Italy
  • mikemorini
    Free Member

Anybody else listening to this on R4’s book of the week.
    I’m tempted to get the book on the strength of the abridged broadcast.

wwaswas

I read an article by a write who followed the route on a period correct bicycle recently.

Those blokes were nails to race it.

NZCol

Reading the Tim Moore book now, funny as f…almost as good as French Revolutions.

aP
    Free Member

Used to see Tim in the local barbers, with that bike leaned up outside. TBH I’m not sure that he’s not done the joke one too many times now. He is quite funny though.

marcus7
    Free Member

That bloke that lost an eye but still turned up in the morning with just his mouth nose and (good) eye showing through the bandages…… WTF!! 😯

gordimhor

Gironimo genius pun of the week 😀
    Hope book of the week is on iplayer so I can catch up .

rogg
    Free Member

Kindle version of the book is only £3.50 or thereabouts…

NigE5
    Free Member

Yes on Kindle, but first i am giving French Revolutions ago as I could not get on with it when it came out first time.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Thanks so much for posting this. Never heard of the guy but just bought Revolutions and Gironimo. A quick dive in and I think it is going to be perfect bedtime reading.

deejayen
    Free Member

I’ve heard it, but haven’t managed to work out if he rode each stage in one day (as per the 1914 version) or if he split them into multiple days. If he split them up, how many miles did he ride each day?

Also, was his bike a fixed wheel or singlespeed?

lesoudeur
    Free Member

Just listened to all 5 episodes. So taken i bought the kindle version book to read at leisure. Brilliant mix of history and story telling with insightful humour.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

It’s been brilliant.

bob_summers

Thoroughly enjoyed that (the telegraph link), gonna have to get the book.

I dismounted like a Dalek at a rodeo

😆 😆 😆

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Gironimo!: Riding the Very Terrible 1914 Tour of Italy’ is closed to new replies.