• This topic has 218 replies, 60 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by aP.
Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 219 total)
  • Giro, spoilers
  • wonnyj
    Free Member

Anyone been watching the Giro on S4C? Any good? Are they still trying since GT went?

nicko74

By all accounts the Tour was far more stringent about keeping the race isolated from the public where possible. Coupled with the rising infection rates across Italy it’s not looking great for the race to continue.

It’s fascinating how different the protocols and management have been between the Tour and the Giro – one might think given the success of the TdF, the UCI would mandate the same protocols to ensure no screw-ups.

But then even on the Tour it looked like it was more luck that there were no team dropouts than anything – on some of the climbs riders were basically within touching distance of fans, some/ many without masks.

nbt

Given that ASO run both the Tour and the Vuelta, I have much greater hope that the Vuelta will go well

weeksy

Boom ! the Superstar is back !

Klunk
    Free Member

scud
    Free Member

Engels from Jumbo-Visma now reporting that at the hotel on the second night in Sicily, there were 5 teams in the hotel, along with a wedding, and they wonder why COVID has spread through peloton, shocking organisation.

winston
    Free Member

@klunk  that pic kinda makes it look like Sagan is the last rider standing rather than the stage winner……

13thfloormonk

Loved that finish, especially the time he took to get his sunnies on despite the conditions, and the sort of ‘regal’ wave he gave as he came in, not sure if it was a ‘yeah, where are you now?’ to the doubters or more of a ‘applause, please’ to the crowd or something in between.

I’d found myself a bit down on Sagan recently, wasn’t sure if it was because he seemed/looked to be giving up on stages and sprints quite quickly if they weren’t going his way, or perhaps because of the altercation with WvA, not sure. Nice to see him back though.

mj27
    Free Member

It was a good ride from Sagan and a well-measured effort in the break when he got dropped. He was smart about the way he weaned the number in the break down to just Ben Swift before leaving him with 12km to go. He did a very good job to hold off the chasers when they were at 25s but I think the weather played into his hands.

I get excited when he wins, it’s been a long time with many 2nd & 3rds.

Love the guy and what he has done to put some panache back into the sport.

winston
    Free Member

Apparently the last time he won a stage of anything in his own jersey was 2011!

scud
    Free Member

I like how Demare as soon as he wins turns round and waits for all his team to come in to say thank you, classy act.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Was he waiting to thank the driver of the team car? He’s clearly head and shoulders above everyone bar maybe, Ewan and Bennett this season but I can’t warm to him since this:

Milan San Remo Controversy

Klunk
    Free Member

Tio Ggeogganheggan Hhart for the win!!

he looks pleased 😉

Klunk
    Free Member

General Classification after Stage 15
    1 ALMEIDA, João (DQT) 59:27:38
    2 KELDERMAN, Wilco (SUN) + 15
    3 HINDLEY, Jai (SUN) + 2:56
    4 GEOGHEGAN HART, Tao (INS) + 2:57
    5 BILBAO, Pello (TBM) + 3:10
    6 MAJKA, Rafal (BOH) + 3:18
    7 NIBALI, Vincenzo (TFS) + 3:29
    8 POZZOVIVO, Domenico (NTT) + 3:50
    9 KONRAD, Patrick (BOH) + 4:09
    10 MASNADA, Fausto (DQT) + 4:12
    11 MCNULTY, Brandon (UAD) + 4:29
    12 FUGLSANG, Jakob (AST) + 5:07
    13 PEDRERO, Antonio (MOV) + 8:14
    14 KNOX, James (DQT) + 8:55
    15 PERNSTEINER, Hermann (TBM) + 9:30

looks like Keldermans at the moment….

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Kendal’s (Levens I think?) own James Knox having a stormer so far.

nbt

Gaviria out with a positive Coronavirus test. Given he tested positive back in march (was it at Dubai?) he’s one of the unlucky few to catch two different strains (there have been at least four reported cases), or there are two of him, or one was a false positive – maybe a sneaky way to get out of a week of bloody hard climbing?

Klunk
    Free Member

descending off the stelvio in october wow!!!!

go tao go !

Klunk
    Free Member

Kelderman is wobbling!!!

Klunk
    Free Member

wouldn’t want to be sitting round the sunweb dinner tonight!!!

Klunk
    Free Member

Tao a minute out of pink!!!

Klunk
    Free Member

LOL Rohan went pop bigly,
    Kelderman’s gone! (improving now)

crazy-legs

I’ve ridden this climb. One of my favourites, considerably quieter than Stelvio.

Amazing ride from Tao, he could conceivably make it into Pink today. Kelderman seems to have recovered his game a bit though, it did look like he was properly gone at one point.

Klunk
    Free Member

lol bloody ‘el by the skin of his teeth!

Klunk
    Free Member

tao 16 off pink!!! what a ride!

crazy-legs

Shame Tao didn’t get the stage win although after sitting on the front for the previous 25km, it was fairly inevitable that he’d get jumped on the line.

TheDoctor
    Free Member

How disappointing, just as the racing gets interesting ineos roll out another drugs experiment 😕

thethief

Incredible race! That has set it up very nicely for Saturday!

crazy-legs

How disappointing, just as the racing gets interesting ineos roll out another drugs experiment 😕

Tao has been winning bike races since he was a Youth rider, he’s a phenomenal talent. Great to see him coming through here, nice that Ineos recalibrated pretty quickly after G’s early crash.

The drugs reference just isn’t necessary unless of course you have info to the contrary that you’re passing to the UCI?

Bunnyhop

That was one of the most exciting and enjoyable stages I’ve seen all race season.

I’d like to be a fly on the wall in the Sunweb dining room tonight.

Dennis was phenomenal.

Watching the riders trying to get into their jackets in that wind was quite stressful. Equally tricky was myself trying to make curtains in my workroom while watching the race on a small screen.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

He’d be in pink if he ran discs….

weeksy

How disappointing, just as the racing gets interesting ineos roll out another drugs experiment

What’s that then ?

Klunk
    Free Member

brrrr

weeksy

They need a coat hanger sort of thing that’s removable, so they can get their arms in and then lob it 🙂

stevious

Lachlan Morton (EF) in the break today. Wonder if someone told him the stage is longer and was going to finish at night?

Klunk
    Free Member

odious are on project Krack Kelderman.

stevious

I feel like the ‘odious’ joke has been made now. Can we just call them ineos please?

crazy-legs

If you’re not watching this WHY THE HELL NOT?!

I feel like the ‘odious’ joke has been made now. Can we just call them ineos please?

This x 1,000,000

crazy-legs

GET IN!!!

Best bit of racing I’ve seen all year, I was bouncing on the edge of my sofa watching that finish!

theotherjonv

Brilliant. With bonuses are they both getting a pink jumper tonight?

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 219 total)

The topic ‘Giro, spoilers’ is closed to new replies.