• This topic has 218 replies, 60 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by aP.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 219 total)
  • Giro, spoilers
  • onewheelgood

Your Sky box, I think. My Freeview Play box got it all. You can catch up at https://dplay.co.uk/

lister

Any ideas why my freeview channels go from 11 to 13 and miss out Quest? I’ve retuned but it’s not there…

Klunk
    Free Member

Klunk
    Free Member

Il Pirata

Klunk
    Free Member

light relief

Klunk
    Free Member

gert yer nips out get yer nips out for the….

Stage 6 Results
    1 DEMARE, Arnaud (GFC) 4:54:38
    2 MATTHEWS, Michael (SUN)
    3 FELLINE, Fabio (AST)
    4 MOLANO BENAVIDES, Juan (UAD)
    5 CIMOLAI, Davide (ISN)
    6 VENDRAME, Andrea (ALM)
    7 HONORÉ, Mikkel Frølich (DQT)
    8 SAGAN, Peter (BOH)
    9 BATTAGLIN, Enrico (TBM)
    10 NARVAEZ PRADO, Jhonatan (INS)
    11 BALLERINI, Davide (DQT)
    12 BRAMBILLA, Gianluca (TFS)
    13 CLARKE, Simon (EF1)
    14 FUGLSANG, Jakob (AST)
    15 FIORELLI, Filippo (BCF)
    16 ULISSI, Diego (UAD)
    17 MAJKA, Rafal (BOH)
    18 OOMEN, Sam (SUN)
    19 KONRAD, Patrick (BOH)
    20 CONSONNI, Simone (COF)
    21 GUERREIRO, Ruben (EF1)
    22 HAMILTON, Lucas (MTS)
    23 BILBAO, Pello (TBM)
    24 HINDLEY, Jai (SUN)
    25 ALMEIDA, João (DQT)
    26 NIBALI, Vincenzo (TFS)
    27 POZZOVIVO, Domenico (NTT)
    28 KELDERMAN, Wilco (SUN)
    29 VALTER, Attila (CCC)
    30 MASNADA, Fausto (DQT)
    31 VANHOUCKE, Harm (LTS)
    32 KRUIJSWIJK, Steven (TJV)
    33 SAMITIER SAMITIER, Sergio (MOV)
    34 YATES, Simon Philip (MTS)
    35 MCNULTY, Brandon (UAD)
    36 KNOX, James (DQT)
    37 ZAKARIN, Ilnur (CCC)
    38 BOUWMAN, Koen (TJV)
    39 PERNSTEINER, Hermann (TBM)
    40 PARET PEINTRE, Aurélien (ALM)

Klunk
    Free Member

tomorrows stage looks a damp squib pan flat highway snooze fest….

though there some wind forecast and it will be cross tail on open roads like this….

random giro highway

Klunk
    Free Member

peloton in bits already!

Klunk
    Free Member

wtaf, you knew it was coming quick step go to the front how the **** do you miss it !

crazy-legs

Christ that was a MASSIVE crash. 🙁
    Another one of those mid-pack ripple effect ones.

Klunk
    Free Member

crashtastic! with collapsible barriers

Klunk
    Free Member

seems whitey has finally read the riot act!

Klunk
    Free Member

I think the only way to safe in this kind of racing is to be the instigators.

nbt

Yates out with Coronavirus 🙁

Klunk
    Free Member

can see him being the last rider to test positive.

tpbiker
    Free Member

I’d be staggered if it’s not rife within the peloton given how close they ride together for hours on end. If noone else gets it I’ll be rethinking my reluctance to rock up at the weekly club run as id always thought pack rising was a very viable means of transmission. Hopefully im wrong.

crazy-legs

That looks like a lovely descent, very sweeping and flowing!

theotherjonv

No Geraint, no Simon eYates, step forward…..

Klunk
    Free Member

Essex boy comes first!

anagallis_arvensis

Yay

Bunnyhop

2 Brits in the top 3. Excellent stuff.

beej

Very happy with that result. As Dr Hutch said, he even outsprinted a 3-legged dog.

slowoldman

I thought the dog was giving him a readout. Really chuffed for him. TT men winning road stages seems to be a thing just now.

slowoldman

That is of course “leadout”.

Klunk
    Free Member

pre win alex….

Klunk
    Free Member

downbeat ms

Klunk
    Free Member

open and honest mr dowsett interview

nbt

Mitchelton-Scott withdraw entire team from the Giro after more positive COVID tests

https://www.greenedgecycling.com/news/mitchelton-scott-withdraws-from-giro-d-italia

Big call, but the right one. Makes me wonder how many other teams have been affected, and what might happen at the Vuelta?

stevious

Some news after rest day test day:

Not surprised Mitchelton are out – it would have been a bit of a puzzle if Yates was the only one in that team who got infected.

Shame to see Kruijswijk out as he was in a position to have a real impact on the race.

Hope everyone infected recovers well.

nbt

Shit. Kruijswijk out too

nbt

interestng to read that UCI testing showed only Kruijswijk and the sunweb guy were the only RIDERS to test positive- all others were team staff including whole Mitchelton Scott contingent, but also including one each from INEOS and AG2R La Mondiale

stevious

Will be interesting to see what happens with Sunweb. They pulled Tiesj Benoot after he’d been in contact with Jan Bakelants on a TV show and Bakelants went on to test positive. The extension of that logic is that if they have one positive rider then the whole team should go home.

nbt

No Bling – Michael Mathews is the Sunweb rider who tested positive

tpbiker
    Free Member

I wonder if it was transmitted through the peloton, or whether each team have contracted it via different routes.

nbt

Have heard (via twitter) that the hotels used by teams were also open to the general public, so another possible infection route there

winston
    Free Member

I just can’t see it running any further…..probably no Vuelta either.

Bollox to 2020!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

masterdabber
    Free Member

Jumbo Visma whole team out now…..

scud
    Free Member

Listened to the Cycling Podcast, the team manager of Jumbo-Visma has been very critical of the Giro organisers, he said that there 4-5 teams, the police moto riders, Shimano neutral service and members of the public all staying in the same hotel on the very first night and all eating from the same buffet.

We have had unsigned metal bollards, helicopter pilots showing off to mates and blowing over barriers and the usual terrible organisation.

It needs the UCI to step in and have a go at RCS as the Giro, as much as i love it, needs to improve.

Puts it into stark contrast with TdF where no positive tests in peloton at all, every rider in separate room and one team to a hotel.

stevious

Jumbo have released a statement about their withdrawal:

https://www.teamjumbovisma.com/article/news/team-jumbo-visma-withdraws-from-giro-ditalia-after-positive-covid-test/

This, from DS Addy Engels:

“We have taken our responsibility after Steven’s contamination. We’ve all been very close to him. Regarding the situation at the team of Mitchelton-Scott, where multiple staff members got infected after one rider had contracted the virus, we think this is the most responsible decision. We’ve made this decision together with the riders, staff and the team’s management. It’s a big thing to withdraw from a race and especially in a race like the Giro d’Italia. But we’ve also taken this decision in the interest of the race. This is the safest decision we can make. Not only for our team, but also for other teams.”

Seems like the right thing to do, and I suspect that Sunweb might follow suit.

By all accounts the Tour was far more stringent about keeping the race isolated from the public where possible. Coupled with the rising infection rates across Italy it’s not looking great for the race to continue.

crazy-legs

Coupled with the rising infection rates across Italy it’s not looking great for the race to continue.

I’d agree, bin it off, allow the riders and teams some time to recover and then hopefully run the Vuelta as normal.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 219 total)

The topic ‘Giro, spoilers’ is closed to new replies.