Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Girl Fight!
  • kimbers

Not really, nice vid

but interesting comments from fionn and micayla

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/Every-Day-Girls-presented-by-Saint-video-2012.html

it does seem sad that womens DH seems to be getting less sponsorship and entrants

overall i think shimano come out a bit poor from it all

thepodge
    Free Member

I watched that yesterday, the quality of riding is easily on par with the boys, girls should have equal standing and support

Girls should have equal standing and support

In all walks of life.

thepodge
    Free Member

Well there is an argument in tennis that girls and boys are paid the same even though the girls play less games but they don’t race a tamed down track so it does make sense to treat them the same.

That is of course side stepping the gender equality thing as a whole which we should be doing anyway

robsoctane
    Free Member

That riding was great! I like girls 😉

Woody
    Free Member

Enjoyed the riding there, but as far as equal support goes……the problem is obvious in the video clips. I didn’t see a single female amongst those watching the race, so where is the return on the investment? Are the guys watching going to buy what the girls are using, or their male counterparts?

baznav73
    Free Member

Unfortunatly woody has hit the nail on the head, when there are an equal number of participants then there would be no problem but there are far far less women doing the sport.

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

It’s a numbers thing, there’s no real depth of talent in the womens field.

If your okay.. you can go far.

ton

that is fantastic…………..far better riding than i could ever aspire to.

Superficial
    Free Member

And while we’re at it, let’s give the women’s football players £100k a week.

Northwind

<Dons fireproof suit>

Morgane Charre is downhill world champion. But her time would have made her roughly 80th in the men’s. Should she get the same acclaim and reward as Greg Minaar? Or should she get the same acclaim and reward as Pavel Cep?

Today I did a downhill race, and being slow and ordinary I was 9th out of I think 16 in masters. But I’d have won the womens’ race outright. Where’s my token gift voucher? Women get too much support 😉

<the opinions expressed in this post may not neccesarily be the same as those of Northwind>

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Girl Fight!’ is closed to new replies.