Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Giant Anthem – CTD shock, how much rebound damping ?
  • iainc

Setting up new Anthem SX. I have set the rebound 3 clicks off Max as that is how I used to run my 5 with an RP23. Aware though that Maestro is a bit smarter than single pivot.

I am about 75kg, probs 80 kitted up.

Any tips ? (apart from go for a ride and see, which I hope to do this afternoon 😀 )

Wally

I found all the Maestro bikes I ride very forgiving in settings. However, my start point was same as yours. I even rode a weekend at Afan with a top pivot collapsed with no real difference to feel. Very bombproof.

iainc

Thanks for that, want to get it ballpark before riding, so will stick with 3 clicks. I have 180 in the shock which is same as kitted up weight.

renton
    Free Member

It’s a bit rudimental but do the drop off the kerb test with it.

Get into full riding gear, set your sag and just ride off the kerb and dial in the rebound until it stops pogoing.

legend
    Free Member

iainc – Member
    Thanks for that, want to get it ballpark before riding, so will stick with 3 clicks. I have 180 in the shock which is same as kitted up weight.
    POSTED 1 HOUR AGO # REPORT-POST

Forget your weight, setting the pressure to the sag is the way to do it.

Renton’s kerb test (or just bouncing around on it) will get you a start point for the rebound

iainc

Thanks, yes, have sag set at around 8mm, so ok with that, will go and hop off some kerbs shortly !

renton
    Free Member

Don’t hop. Literally sit on the seat and just roll off a high kerb. Suspension should compress and then return and that’s it. If it bobs up and Down dial in some more rebound.

iainc

Thanks renton.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Giant Anthem – CTD shock, how much rebound damping ?’ is closed to new replies.