Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Getting dropped in the shit by work
  • mrhoppy

Got home to Mrs Hoppy giving me evils and a pile of courier ‘sorry we missed you’ cards. I got subjected to a detailed scrutiny of what I might have been buying, which I genuinely couldn’t think of what it might be. Next thing I know the neighbour appears with a TV box for me and all he’ll breaks loose.

After calming Mrs hoppy down it transpired it was a monitor not a TV, with another parcel containing the rest of the computer parts for my new job. Would have been nice to have been warned given I’m not starting for another 3 weeks.

I’m more than capable of getting in trouble for buying stuff on my own without employers causing problems, don’t they know to send stuff to a work address so it can be sneaked in quietly. 🙄

scuttler

Shit dude. That’s a lot of fear and hassle there. Tell her to lighten up.

mrhoppy

Given I was demoing a Stache last week she had fair cause for suspicion. 🙂

MSP

I hope you explained to her that the tv she will be buying you to say sorry, will be far too big for Bert from next door to carry.

sc-xc

Given I was demoing a Stache last week she had fair cause for suspicion.

I’d be suspicious of any new facial hair

thegreatape
    Free Member

I’ve got one a bit like that. However, yesterday I had great success in proposing that we each set aside a modest amount every month to spend on ourselves however we choose – pub, magazines, CDs, whatever. This should make me untouchable when I have saved enough for my next bike 😀

enfht
    Free Member

Get yo trick in check bwoy. Don’t play no sheet, you feel me?

Stevet1
    Free Member

What you haver now is a diamond opportunity for a load more ‘work stuff’ to arrive at your house.

JAG

we each set aside a modest amount every month to spend on ourselves

We do something similar. I get an annual bonus which I insist we split and put in our own separate bank accounts (not our joint account) so that we can spend it on whatever we want.

br
    Free Member

we each set aside a modest amount every month to spend on ourselves

We do something like that, except no one except my Missus would suggest it is ‘modest’ 🙂

DickBarton

Not really work’s fault if your wife doesn’t trust you due to your previous shopping habits…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I got sulked at last night for not getting home till 7:30, apparently this ruined her evening as she didn’t know what time I’d be back, when she should cook dinner and meant she couldn’t make any plans.

The fact that for the last 5 years she’s had a commute to London and regularly didn’t get back until 7:30-8:00, sometimes working late, sometimes traffic, sometimes stopping at friends houses, and was only home early today as she’d been working in in a local office, this was apparently the wrong thing to point out.

So as I was already in the bad books I explained this to her and followed it up with “well I must have had the patience of a saint for the last 5 years if this is the proportional response to not getting back before 7:30”.

Never a dull moment!

brooess
    Free Member

Did she say sorry for giving you grief once it turned out you’d done nothing wrong?
    Personally I’d do that if I were in her shoes and if I were in your shoes, I’d expect it.
    Then again, maybe that’s why I’m single, from what I gather it’s not a realistic expectation 😯

popstar
    Free Member

Do you really have to explain why you come home a little later?

Wife should go to a women’s room and do some noises with chopping boards and frying pans, so once all done nice smooth pancakes get served.

Then you must not loose your reputation in bedroom, otherwise those pancakes will be cooked for someone else.

Remember, women argue over small unimportant matters … while men only bother to argue over something big and critical.

Teach how petty she looks and sounds with those small problems, her priorities should be reset by you … a Man in the house wearing troussers.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Getting dropped in the shit by work’ is closed to new replies.