Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Getting a (nearly) 2 year old to brush their teeth. Help?!
  • molgrips
    Free Member

1) strawberry toothpaste
    2) force

Force works surprisingly well for us actually. After the first few times she found it a fun game and now lets me brush her teeth properly, but makes me work for it first 🙂

restless
    Free Member

my youngest son is 2yrs and i let him have one toothbrush with toothpaste on, he brushes with that. then i use another toothbrush (still a childs one) at the same time to brush his teeth properly.
    so long as he has his own brush aswell, then he is cool 😀

mtbfix

Thanks for the advice. I think some more tasty toothpaste may be required as a starting point. I always brush with her but my brush is leccy so may let her try that too with a softer head.

GW
    Free Member

those of you having trouble, did you not clean their teeth from when they (the teeth) first appeared?

molgrips
    Free Member

A lot of kids can’t handle the burning of minty toothpaste.

GW – yes, we did. But she never liked it.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Yes

Just like I have changed their nappies since the day the were born but they still kick up a fuss sometimes.

mtbfix

Yes, we have. She used to have them brushed when she was standing in her cot prior to getting dressed or before bed but now the sides are off the bed and she has concluded that this gives more freedom, ie no teeth brushing and the afternoon nap has gone for a burden too.

epicyclo

Tell them about shitworms.

Invisible little worms that crawl up from your bum and bore into your teeth and poop there which gives you toothache. Toothpaste kills them.

Worked for my 4. Got them washing their hands too.

Maybe a bit unPC for these days. 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

You could always show them the Shaun the Sheep episode where Blitzer has toothache.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Getting a (nearly) 2 year old to brush their teeth. Help?!’ is closed to new replies.