Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • George Hincapie's BMC
  • Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

Built by the mechanic from argos, complete with backwards forks….

He just posted it on twitter with the caption "If you see me on trails. Move out the way"

Is that because he's about to break his neck?

allthepies
    Free Member

lol

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Saw that, What a ****. 🙄

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

pinches
    Free Member

fork wrong way round epic fail!!!!

thats just so wrong. brake on the wrong side and everything, surely at some point you would think, hang on….

nonk
    Free Member

leave him be he's a roadie yknow.

ourmaninthenorth

Why would a man who's won Gent-Wevelgem and finished second at Roubaix need a mountain bike – he could batter most of us on the trails on his road bike.

But that is an ace fail, though.

Smee
    Free Member

has anyone tweeted back telling him he's a noob? not many better chances for scoring points on someone.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

My BMC is finally getting built this week, shall i put my forks on backwards as a sign of support for the team? 🙂

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Almost as sad as following people on twatter……

paulosoxo
    Free Member

I'll sort him out

westkipper
    Free Member

I wonder if it has a Chris King headset and an aluminium steerer?
    Could be a double fail.

tthew

A friend of my daughters comes round on a bike with the forks on backwards, that's got V brakes, which are behind the fork legs. What to though, it's not my kid, just turn them round and assume no one will notice?

Must feel perculiarly twitchy to ride.

scaredypants

I think it'd feel particulcarly UNtwitchy, wouldn't it ? (til you went over the bars, anyway)

tthew

Um, don't know. I assumed that reducing the rake would make it steer faster. I might even have to try it to find out! (briefly of course)

lightman
    Free Member

I recommend never using "Mount Dora Cycles"!!!

"mountdoracycles on December 1, 2009
    the fork isn't on backwards, the stem is facing the wrong way. I guess its the same, but I don't see how a fork can be on wrong. Just the stem."

pjt201
    Free Member

I think i agree with mount dora cycles actually. you attach the stem to the forks, therefore the stem is on backwards (or turned 180 degrees from it's proper position) rather than the forks backwards.

scaredypants

Ahhhh, so the bike's on backwards too ? That Dora bird knows her stuff !

allthepies
    Free Member

>you attach the stem to the forks, therefore the stem is on backwards (or turned 180 degrees from it's proper position) rather than the forks backwards.

However I would imagine that "most" people align the fork in approximately the right direction when fitting the stem (well I do). So I go for forks wrong way round 🙂

skidartist
    Free Member

I would say that if all of the components of a bike but one are face forwards, its the one thats facing the other way thats backwards

njee20
    Free Member

Haha! That's awesome, I can't believe he didn't notice that, just because he plays on tarmac you'd assume he'd be a bit more 'knowledgable' than that.

monkey_boy
    Free Member

that has to be a piss take

wheelz
    Free Member

He's fixed it now…

After many messages on Twitpic!

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Haha! That's awesome, I can't believe he didn't notice that, just because he plays on tarmac you'd assume he'd be a bit more 'knowledgable' than that.

More likely it'd been out of the box for about 2 minutes and he was in a hurry to tweet it. I'm sure he knows his way around an MTB!

stucol
    Free Member

Sorry to be pedantic but it sort of looks like the front brake hose is strangely routed now.

Either it goes round the outside of the right fork leg then over to the left or it goes between the legs.

Not that clear from the 2nd pic but does not look right.

In fact, having looked again at the first pic i think it goes through between the legs above the bridge.

Oh dear, more FAIL !

Dougal
    Free Member

In fact, having looked again at the first pic i think it goes through between the legs above the bridge.

You mean just the way that the cable-mounts on the likes of a SID suggest you route the hose?

Airwolf
    Free Member

Don't worry guys i just told him he is a prick for having his forks the wrong way round and bragging about people getting out of his way.

More money than sense i reckon in this case.

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

What sort of car is that in the garage?

flippinheckler
    Free Member

I sent a message to BMC to ask someone to point out the error to Big George! 😆

surfer
    Free Member

What sort of car is that in the garage?

Dont know but his bike isnt in a puddle so he's getting better weather than us!

showerman
    Free Member

was going to get one of those bmc in team colours but shop stoped doing them as the carbon mountain and road frames have a habit of being unreliable and bmc being VERY slow on warranty

oldgit
    Free Member

Hang on the whole bikes facing the wrong way now 😐

mcmoonter
    Free Member

The forks will fail before he hits the dirt.

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

Hang on the whole bikes facing the wrong way now

😆 nice one, I can't believe some of the stem comments above

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

My BMC is being built at present, hopefully with the funky backwards fork modification the team lads appear to be having 🙂

Pictures soon hopefully.

fliesinmyeyes
    Free Member

I would say that if all of the components of a bike but one are face forwards, its the one thats facing the other way thats backwards

Absolutely, unless he rides the bike with the stem pointing towards his nads and operates the brakes with his thumbs.

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

I guess having the whole world laugh at you has taken some of the shine off the new bike now.

Never mind them. Happy trails big George.

flatback
    Free Member

the car in background is his ferrari

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘George Hincapie's BMC’ is closed to new replies.