Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Genesis Fortitude – Not for shorties?
  • holster
    Free Member

Is there a reason why the smallest frame size for the Genesis Fortitude is 17.5″? All other models in their MTB range go down to 16″ or 14″, but for some reason, not the Fortitude… 🙁

rOcKeTdOg

Gotta fit the big wheelz in

holster
    Free Member

Thats what I thought, but Salsa and Charge both do 29ers with 15.5″ or 16″ frames.

Looks like I’ll have to miss out on the Genesis Fortitude 🙁

jamj1974

How tall are you?

I am 6′ and have the 19″, it isn’t a large 19″ – so much so that my brother at 5′ 8″/ 5′ 9″ also fits it well. I wouldn’t recommend mine for anyone taller than me.

holster
    Free Member

I’m about 5’6 – so in that case, maybe the 17.5 would be OK. I suppose the only thing to do is go and try one out!

jamj1974

Worth a try at least! Mine (Fortitude SS) has proven pretty good over the last couple of months.

avdave2

It does seem frustrating that a frame designed for rigid forks with the potential for a low front end doesn’t come in a small size. It looks like the perfect frame for my next winter off road commuter as it’ll take the Rohloff but I’d want a 15-16″ frame. It does seem that a few manufacturers have decided that their 29ers will start at medium.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Genesis Fortitude – Not for shorties?’ is closed to new replies.