Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Genesis Croix de Fer
  • younggeoff

Toying with getting one of these as a commuter but no-where can I find the weight of a 56cm one. Also there have been comments on the wheelbase and small overlap so catching feet on the front wheel once you've got mud guards on

Has anybody got one and can give a real world weight and comments on teh wheelbase and clearance

Cheers

fwb2006
    Free Member

I too am thinking of one of these look really cool and available as a cycletowork…

epicsteve
    Free Member

Can't comment on the question but I was in the shop earlier picking up my bike to work and saw one of those – looked very nice indeed.

sssimon
    Free Member

11.93 kg for the 56 cm in our showroom with pedals and instruction manual

simon@bikedock

james-o
    Free Member

front-center is 610mm on the 56cm, 600mm or less tends to be the point where a 28c and guards may not clear your foot but shoe size and cleat position as well as guard mounting can also affect this. basically it's a bit longer than a std 'cross bike in that area, toe overlap can be comon on 'cross bikes but less so here. Wheelbase is fairly normal, as it's got a 610mm fc and 425mm rc.

weight is 25lbs / frame 4.9lbs.

hope this helps,
    james / genesis

younggeoff

many thanks got all the info I need

meehaja
    Free Member

I suffer overlap on all my road bikes (cos i've got big feet!) Its a bit of a drag, but TBH you soon get used to being aware of foot positions whilst making big turns, and how often do you turn your bars that sharply anyway? I'd love a one of these though, they look awesome! thought about one before, but settled on a jake the snake.

epicsteve
    Free Member

With mudguards fitted I used to get toe overlap on my Tricross. Never seemed to be an issue on-road but it was noticeable when riding off-road.

ddmonkey

Again can't help with the question but love the look of these, quite tempted…

james-o
    Free Member

i'm glad the look's not changing for 2011 then, reading all this.. cheers )

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Genesis Croix de Fer’ is closed to new replies.