Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Garmin Edge 800 Trail Bundle
  • SiB
    Free Member

I get lost easily, i need something/someone to tell me where I am and what way to go preferably with detailed instructions/visuals. Seen as I do a lot of solo riding I cant really rely on somebody telling me which way to go……..is the Garmin 800 Trail bundle all I need to help me get home??

Twodogs

yes

McHamish
    Free Member

I think I’m getting a garmin this year…probably next month.

I downloaded a few trail maps for the North Downs, and even laminated them at work (slow day) but ended up ignoring them as you need to constantly look at them and check where you are to avoid missing a sudden change in direction.

I’m hoping that I can download different trails that will take me around the North Downs on a nice circular route…either back to my car or back home.

If you can wait about 3 months, I’ll let you know how I get on!

fbk
    Free Member

It’s very good and will do pretty much all that. Some 1:25,000 maps would be better for proper off road navigation but the supplied 1:50,000 have enabled me to pick short cuts and things without too much hassle.

ziggy
    Free Member

Well I’ve only had mine for around 3 weeks and I’m not sure how I managed without one now. Really, it’s that good.

As above the best bit is that you can download other trails, ready made rides and directions, couldn’t be any easier.

McHamish
    Free Member

Sold!

SiB
    Free Member

Its my 40th in a couple of weeks and i was ordered to chose a ‘special present’ today or else I wouldnt be getting anything, hadnt even thought about a Garmin but an email offer this morning got me thinking that I want one but no time to research.

Thanks for your help, Garmin 800 it is for my birthday!!

trickydisco
    Free Member

Check out westbrook for cheapest prices (i’ve found)

http://www.westbrookcycles.co.uk/search/garmin-800

£399 for cadence, HRM and microSD-Discoverer 1:50 U.K.

SiB
    Free Member

£359 for the trail bundle from the likes of wiggle and crc is cheapest I’ve found

trickydisco
    Free Member

same as westbrook then..

Don’t forget you can go into your local evans and price match them. I do it all the time

fbk
    Free Member

Wiggle with personal discount, £5 off and topcashback (further 4%)? That’s what we did

trickydisco
    Free Member

it’s annoying as wiggle/crc don’t offer the enduro bundle (HRM, cadence and 1:50k map)

McHamish
    Free Member

Sorry for reviving an old (ish) thread.

I was just wondering…my hearing isn’t great – how loud is the beep for turns on the Garmin?

fbk
    Free Member

McHamish – not great, especially when mounted on the bike as the new style mounts cover the speaker port.
    There are several threads on relevant forums describing ways to drill holes in the mount to solve this but not ideal.

DaveGr
    Free Member

how loud is the beep for turns on the Garmin?

I’ve drilled the mount and it’s still not great – the loudspeaker is muffled by the mount and the handlbar. A bit of wind noise and it’s easy to miss it. I use the beep for training alerts rather than navigation.

You’ll also need to put a screen protector on to avoid scratches – it doesn’t look or feel like a rufty tufty design. I think a Satmap 10 is more robust and better for navigation (larger size) though I don’t know if there’s audible warnings. IMO the Garmin 800 is more a training tool (speed / cadence / heart rate) with GPS maps as an extra.

McHamish
    Free Member

Thanks for the info…I’ll look into the Satmap 10.

Cheers.

danvtr
    Free Member

never used garmin always been dedicated to tomtom

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Garmin Edge 800 Trail Bundle’ is closed to new replies.