Viewing 31 posts - 81 through 111 (of 111 total)
  • Garmin 200 – £73
  • nedrapier

cheers box and steve. and Jambo.

Item reserved, collecting at lunchtime!

I nearly bought a cateye strada last week for £28 less, so I’m pretty chuffed I didn’t.

Kieran

Bought one last night after reading this thread. I already have a rather old, basic etrex and thinking of replacing it for a while.

First thoughts are that it very nice and neat. The system takes some getting used to after the etrex, but seems pretty self explanatory.

You do get the little map that shows a course line for uploaded routes but you can’t scale it as per the etrex, I’m not sure how this will affect it in use and the only real negative point so far.

The USB charger is great as I can now charge it at work, bit dissapionted that you need to load an add-on to IE to load maps to Garmin connect/strava as I can’t install this at work, just means I’ll have to upload it after work.

In my opinion a £73 quid well spent, dont think it would be worth the £130 RRP

nedrapier

just picked it up, charging at the moment. Nicely dinky, I like the twist and click mount. Slightly annoying it’s mini, rather than micro usb like my work BB, personal phone, gf’s phone, camera…

disben

Picked mine up this morning…

I managed to get it for £63.59 in the end. Halfords – £129.99 – Reserve and Collect in 20% sale – £103.99
    Down another 10% because of British Cycling membership (print and take in voucher) so it was £93.59. Now im home, I will complete the online request for £30 cashback, dropping it to £63.59 – 51% off in total!

Its replacing my etrex (an original one over 8 years old).

Cheers OP for heads up on discount.

Irish_AL
    Free Member

I was told they wouldnt do it as ‘technically its not an accessory its a gps’ 😡

disben

they wouldnt do what??? 20% is online – reserve and collect – british cycling discount is for everything in halfords!!!

legend
    Free Member

Further testing update for myself: Still absolutely shit.

Not sure if Strava links can be seen by everyone but have a look at this wee trace http://app.strava.com/activities/12231109 You’ll notice that after turning off the fireroad I appear to do some crazy cross-over (corkscrew possibly?) turn. Definitely looks like something’s up with the sample rate, or I can pull the highest g-forces ever seen but generally ride in perfectly straight lines 🙁

The GPS was mounted on the bars this time, so definitely no issues with it seeing the sky

Del

is auto-pause set, and if so, is it on the standard setting?
    i got one yesterday ( cheers Jambo! ), and when i tried it today it was clicking in and out on some of the steeper climbs. i checked the ‘custom’ setting for autopause and it defaulted to 5km/h, so i throttled that back a bit to 3km/h. maybe i just need to get faster… 😀
    i’ll see how it goes.

legend
    Free Member

It’s doing it at all speeds so annoyingly can’t be that. Even I can’t managed to crack 30mph on Berm Baby Berm but take over 6 mins to get down it!

EDIT: Just realised that it never even picked up Spooky Woods from earlier in the day – oh the horror! 😥

Del

doesn’t sound like it’s behaving. might be worth getting it exchanged then?

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I was thinking about one of these but now having second thoughts.

legend
    Free Member

Don’t suppose anyone has a trace online that used one of these Edges? Just want to make sure that I’m not expecting too much from it before taking it back tomorrow (hope to exchange for one that works a bit better)

ahwiles
    Free Member

don’t suppose anyone’s had any success claiming the cashback?

Garmin are being total c***s with me…

justatheory
    Free Member

I got my cashback on Monday. Sent a scanned copy of the receipt along with an uploaded photo of an old speedo I found on Google images.

johnnystorm

I took photos of my receipt and old computer and uploaded through the claim site. I got an email this morning to say they are processing. So far so good.

I did get the extra 10% off through Brit cycling and paid with vouchers I got 10% off too and bought the vouchers with a points credit card…….. Should be approaching £55 for the unit all in. 🙂

mattmbk
    Free Member

I’ve had a confirmation email to say I’d get my cash back within 28 days.

mattythemod
    Free Member

I’ve had a confirmation email to say I’d get my cash back within 28 days

same here

Irish_AL
    Free Member

Cheques in the post 😀 but I seem to have condensation on the inside of the screen after 2 weeks 🙁

mattythemod
    Free Member

Anyone been paid there cashback yet ?

stormtrooper
    Free Member

I received my cheque a few days ago :-).

wombat

Mine was paid by bank transfer last week 8)

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Sent them a scan of my Evan email receipt – they have marked it as an invalid proof of purchase.

So I have now just forwarded the email and told them to sort it out.

Mattbike

They kept saying that my scanned halfords recipt was invalid proof of purchase. I phoned Garmin to complain. They’d had a few complaints and said that they would contact the people that they were using to process the cash back. I receieved 28 day confirmation email that day. still no sign of the cash in the account though. Phone Garmin uk.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

What is a valid proof of purchase – not sure if I have a non-emailed Evans receipt and Evans have been promoting the scheme.

Mattbike

According to their FAQ it has to have Purchase date, product purchased, store name and the total amount paid.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

According to their FAQ it has to have Purchase date, product purchased, store name and the total amount paid.

got all those, and it’s from a store explicitly promoting the scheme.

will
    Free Member

As others have said, got the email conformation saying i’ll get the £30 within 28 days. I’ve not checked yet tbh.

mattythemod
    Free Member

Well 24 days have passed since i got an email confimation so i decided to do the log in to find the ” status ” and it says its been paid which is a mistake as nothing has been paid in to bank account !!

Might be worth checking just to beware .

Kieran

Anybody received a cheque? Mine says it was posted on the 26th July but nothing received.

Mattbike

I had my cash back put into the account last week. Took a while but got there in the end.

jam-bo

just had mine paid.

Viewing 31 posts - 81 through 111 (of 111 total)

The topic ‘Garmin 200 – £73’ is closed to new replies.