Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 699 total)
  • Game of Thrones – Of course it has Spoilers
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

So who else is doing a recap

Mutton, I’d like some mutton please

Davos for the throne!

schrickvr6
    Free Member

As much as I’d like him to win I’m quietly confident that “the imp” will be all heroic and shit and sacrifice himself for the greater good.

hodgynd
    Free Member

I might watch the last couple of episodes from the last series as a ” refresher” ..
    I’m torn ..can’t wait to see the new series but I’m equally sad that this is the end …

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yeah it is a bit Christmas eve at the moment, having a look a the previous stuff there is a 16 series director’s cut in there somewhere

zilog6128

Already watched them all again in the last year! Might watch S7 one more time in the next month though 😀

Noble sacrifice from Tyrion is a good shout. Something Sam discovers will ultimately save the day – sacrificing himself also?

Will all be over pretty soon though! Then just the inevitable prequels to look forward to 😂

jekkyl

Sam won’t die, he’s telling the story…the revolving gold thing in the titles is the chandalier in the Citadel in old town where they train the maesters. I reckon the tv show will end with him writing the last word, closing the book and turning round to play with little Sam.
    Anyway..predictions…
    .Likely that there’ll be a major character death in ep 1 or 2, my money’s on Sansa.
    .Ayra will rejoin with the hound and complete her kill list. Possibly concluding with a one on one with Ilyn Payne (the one who killed her father) or the Mountain…shortly after a duel twixt mountain and hound fight which mountain wins but then Ayra defeats him using agility and guile.
    .Jamie will be the one to kill Cersei and bring his story arc to full personal redemption and also replicating his killing of the mad king.
    .Jon snow will ride a dragon.
    .Khaleesi will have his child and she will die in childbirth and the child will rule.

What else?

colp

I reckon the tv show will end with him writing the last word, closing the book and turning round to play with little Sam.

Crikey! I know they’re not scared of showing a bit of boob but that might be taking it a bit far.

stevied
    Free Member

What else?

Dragons…what about the bloody dragons?

fingerbang
    Free Member

Yes we’re re watching, only cos we now consider our 14 yr old ‘of age’ so he’s permitted to watch it supervised. He’s already read all the books, has a deep understanding of westeros folklore and can reel off biographies for the most obscure characters.

Plus he’s inured to extreme violence through playing GTA, so it’s only the ‘sexy time’scenes that we don’t let him watch

Currently on season 5 and feeling a bit upset whenever Shireen is in the scene. Heartbreaking man

jekkyl

Says on the website that the red priestess is on Ayras list. Would she still kill him after bringing Jon back? Maybe she’ll just smash her jewel and leave her old.

I hope we get to see Tyrion fight again. A la Yoda. lol.

Theon will redeem himself and then get killed.

PrinceJohn

Is there any story so far about on youtube or whatever?

I don’t like mushrooms so my brain forgets things.

sam_underhill

Is there any story so far about on youtube or whatever?

I don’t like mushrooms so my brain forgets things.

Same. I think I need some sort of comprehensive reminder / catch up show. It’ll probably need to be an hours show with how much has happened so far!

PrinceJohn

Same. I think I need some sort of comprehensive reminder / catch up show. It’ll probably need to be an hours show with how much has happened so far!

I’m happy to commit an hour of my life, just not the god knows how many hours it’d take to watch them all again.

chrisdw
    Free Member
    johnx2
    Free Member

I think I need some sort of comprehensive reminder /

It’s goodies versus baddies. The non-talking ice demon zombie animators are the baddies, I think.

P-Jay
    Free Member

What else?

Westeros is completely engulfed by Winter.

John, Sansa and Ayra go to Cersei to try to convince her to join forced against the Night King, but she’s too paranoid and mad to listen, rather than risk a full on war that will cost the lives of too many solders they need to fight the White Walkers they stage a small skirmish, The Mountain and the Kingsguard are killed as are some major characters. Cornered Jamie goes to Cersei to try to convince her to give up and join forces, she refuses. Jamie, knowing that she cannot be turned and the Lannister army will never follow Jon Snow kills her and they join forces at last.

There’s a huge battle between the combined armies of Jon Snow, Khaleesi and the Lannisters, they lose, mostly because White Walkers are almost impossible to kill and every time they lose one of their own, he becomes a White Walker.

The Night King and the White Walkers slaughter every Man, Women and Child they see on their way to Kings Landing until there are almost none left.

In the final episode, we see Kings Landing covered in a thick frost and the Night King upon the throne. Finally a glint of sunlight breaks through a window and lights the throne. The King stands and silently leads his army north, retreating from the advancing return of summer until they’re finally behind the wall again.

The few remaining survivors come out of hiding to celebrate the sun returning. Somewhere hidden deep within Red Keep a old Maester is writing in a huge book, he turns to Sam and says, and then ends another chapter, the same chapter that has been written for thousands of years, closes the book and slides it into a huge bookcase of identical, bar the passage of time, books signifying that the White Walkers destroying Westeros was the natural order of things and the Night King is the only true king, the rest of them just get to squabble over his throne for the few hundred years between winters.

If I’ve learned anything from GOT (I can barely tall most of the characters apart to be honest) that few of the normal people really care who sits on the throne, it’s ‘meet the new boss, same as the old boss’ for most of them and for the few who seek it, death is really the only outcome.

johnx2
    Free Member

The Night King and the White Walkers slaughter every Man, Women and Child they see on their way to Kings Landing until there are almost none left.

Still. Blue passports…

P-Jay
    Free Member

Still. Blue passports…

Ha ha ha

Tom-B
    Free Member

Yeah we watched from the start, forgot just how good it was! I also realised that my timeline of events in my head was out. I thought Stanis was killed in like early season 4!

So much happened in S7 in too few episodes for me, watching from the start again really emphasized this.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yeah we watched from the start, forgot just how good it was! I also realised that my timeline of events in my head was out.

I did that before the last series started, there was a moment in S1 where Jon is off to the wall and Ned to kings landing – Ned says I’ll tell you about your mother sometime…

verses

I took out a 2 months for the price of one NowTV subscription on Tuesday, I’m already onto s1-e9, hoping to finish off the lot before S8 begins.

I’ve seen them all before, but fancied a thorough recap.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Currently at S2 Ep4.

It’s a different experience second time around but no less satisfying.

verses

It’s a different experience second time around but no less satisfying.

The first tine through it took me a long time to get familiar with who everyone was and how all the various kingdoms/families inter-related. I’m finding 2nd time around more enjoyable as I’m hitting the ground running.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Recap? I just finished the full seven seasons again! Bursting for the new yin! 😆

CheesybeanZ

Yes we’re re watching, only cos we now consider our 14 yr old ‘of age’

Plus he’s inured to extreme violence through playing GTA, so it’s only the ‘sexy time’scenes that we don’t let him watch

Ha ha you think at 14 he hasn’t seen any “sexy time scenes ” 😉

llama

Ha ha you think at 14 he hasn’t seen any “sexy time scenes ”

Yes, plus how does that even work?

Is it: ‘Just shut your eyes and cover your ears til we say’

or: ‘Let’s just skip seasons 1-4 to get to the point where the gore and violence outweighs the boobs’

TheFlyingOx

The only things I’m fairly convinced of are Bran being the Night King and Gendry sitting on the throne at the end.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’m trying to remember has anyone seen gendry for a long time??

Recap just got me to the Battle of the Bastards, first up I forgot we had an undercard fight first up in that one and then quite how brutal and in it you were, then quite how Iwan Rheon acted every single other person out of that!!

The bit where he realises there is a Giant, a Bastard and a Ginger coming right for him 🙂

rmacattack
    Free Member

Just buying time now. I hope the cgi isn’t as rushed as the last episode.

BoardinBob

Currently on season 5 and feeling a bit upset whenever Shireen is in the scene. Heartbreaking man

https://dakrolak.files.wordpress.com/2015/06/tumblr_npm4csy8m11rgrg36o1_12801.png

jekkyl

It always seemed to me that Westeros was based loosely on the UK. The Wall being Hadrians Wall. Maybe the wall should be further north though.

Kings Landing = London?
    Winterfell = Edinburgh?
    High Garden = Cardiff?
    DragonStone = Newcastle
    Dorne = Northern France
    Riverrun =?
    Casterly Rock =?
    The Twins (Frey Castle) =?
    The Ayrie (Tully Castle, moon door) =?
    Slavers Bay = Holland?

jekkyl

Westeros

juanking

Season 5 episode 2. The story is almost making sense this time round while binge watching, it’s the way forward.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

If you google maps for kings landing it suggests it is a fish farm in the midlands.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/search/kings+landing/@53.800651,-4.064941,6z

oikeith

Watched season 7 in prep but have now gone back and binged season 1 in about a day and half whilst working from home…

Season 5 episode 2. The story is almost making sense this time round while binge watching, it’s the way forward.

I thought the sense makers were in season 7 about Jon’s parents, maybe I should skip forward a few series to watch this!

I do have one question from watching season 7 and then season 1. Turned out littlefinger sent the assassin for Bran, but how did the killer get there so quick with the knife! It’s said it took the king a month to ride to Winterfell, Catelyn Stark spends 3 weeks sat by Brans bed before leaving and the attempt occurs in this period, did littlefinger just have an assassin with the dagger on standby just incase? or have I missed something?

jam-bo

or have I missed something?

same way the dragon’s got there pretty sharpish in the ice stand off…

time and space seem pretty elastic when they need to be.

verses

I do have one question from watching season 7 and then season 1. Turned out littlefinger sent the assassin for Bran, but how did the killer get there so quick with the knife! It’s said it took the king a month to ride to Winterfell, Catelyn Stark spends 3 weeks sat by Brans bed before leaving and the attempt occurs in this period, did littlefinger just have an assassin with the dagger on standby just incase? or have I missed something?

Could send a raven to one of his many friendly contacts nearer to Winterfell with instructions.

King’s travelling procession probably moves a lot slower than a determined lone rider.

EDIT: Oh, and it’s not real 😀

mikewsmith
    Free Member

So we all good to go?
    We have a have to watch by the Tuesday morning rule at work in play now.

Trailers do suggest there are enough main characters in one place and not that much room on the Dragons to get them all out of Winterfell!!

perchypanther
    Free Member

We have a have to watch by the Tuesday morning rule at work in play now.

Valar Nhospoilers?

makkag
    Free Member

Im up to Hardhome on my rewatch – might have not been the best thing to watch at 1130 at night last night .. its going to be a push to get them all done in time for monday evening now though !

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 699 total)

The topic ‘Game of Thrones – Of course it has Spoilers’ is closed to new replies.