Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 699 total)
  • Game of Thrones – Of course it has Spoilers
  • rmacattack
    Free Member

Not long now, been a long wait. spoiler alert ** The night king is going to wipe everyone out **

fatoldgit

The Kingslayer gives the end away ( spoiler alert ! )
    And I love it

Drac

I’ll be watching it, it’s good but massively over hyped.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well the trailers are telling us it’s all going to kick off at winterfell and by my calcs we have more main characters than seats on a dragon up there 🙂

So I reckon the wage bill is getting cut from the first episode!!

Drac

slackalice
    Free Member

I’ve just been given a Nowtv device sign in 😁🙏 I won’t be up to watch it at silly o’clock in the morning so will on demand it after work tomorrow 😃

As nearly excited for this as I am for Endgame, tickets pre booked 😁

seosamh77
    Free Member

2 hours to go! 😆

sweaman2
    Free Member

Definitely still slow burning at this stage… Peter Dinklage still has the best lines.

richmtb

Given there is only 6 episodes in the final season there wasn’t a great deal of action in the first episode, but to be fair it does look like its setting things up nicely

I’m not sure how Sam Tarly managed to teleport to Winterfell, maybe I forgot a bit of last season. Seems like they are setting something up though with Deanerys telling him about flambeing his family.

Nice moment at the end with Jaime turning up and seeing Bran

oikeith

I’m not sure how Sam Tarly managed to teleport to Winterfell, maybe I forgot a bit of last season. Seems like they are setting something up though with Deanerys telling him about flambeing his family.

He took some books and him, Gilly and little Sam left on a horse and cart for winterfell, then at the end of season 7, Sam is talkin to Bran and the truth of Jon’s parents is realised as Jon is jumping into bed with his now Aunt.

I agree a slow burner, I sadly got up at 0200 to watch it, dont think it was worth it except for the umber boy bit…

Drac

Christ the stretched that out. Thankfully even though I was awake I didn’t stay up to watch it.

makkag
    Free Member

Man they have to cram a lot in now !! poor episode all filler no killer – except little lord umber !

johnx2
    Free Member

Needs more on the home life of the white walkers: who knits their tunics, where do they go to the shops, does the Night King head back to Betty and the kids after a hard day’s zombie-raising? What’s their overall motivation (we all just want the best of life? Right??) That sort of thing.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Some sites are suggesting it has sped up the pace of plot development.

So presumably it is now double the rate it used to be, and has reached ‘glacial’?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well the most amount of passive aggressive for such a low body count there, think we know just about where everyone is now, I heard this was the only episode without much of a warning on it for content.

It would have been way too slow to watch in the middle of the night but happy enough to come home from work too, everyone has a bit more motivation to kill everyone else now on team North, team South have some more partying to be done though

Haze

Think that’s placed everyone nicely for proceedings, and a nice finale from the little lord!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

yep in many ways the plot moved on a lot more than during the battle of the bastards, just in a lot of small ways all across the board

hols2
    Free Member

That was boring. Was expecting a bit of killing and pillaging, got a soap opera instead.

swavis

I thought it was a good episode, not the best they’ve ever done but felt it was helping to set things up nicely.

Also surprised to see Theon the mer-man back so soon 😀

FuzzyWuzzy

I thought it was pretty decent to, it’s obviously just the calm before the storm but a lot of interactions moved the story on to. Although johnx2’s post was tongue-in-cheek I do think we could have had more white walker background up until now, although I guess their motivations are deliberately being kept unclear – I can’t help feeling it’s all going to be a bit rushed with so few episodes left. Maybe one of the spin offs/origin stories will cover them in more detail.

mahalo

I thought it was great, nowt wrong with a little slow burn – was good to see everyone again, and there were some nice reunions! all set up nicely for a bit of mayhem now…

did not like the part with jon and danny flying about on dragon’s though, was a bit misplaced to me. grinning and winking at each other, thought they were gonna break into song!!

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Yeah, some of the dragon flying CGI and Jon Snow’s acting wasn’t great

CheesybeanZ

Meh

MTT
    Free Member

Agreed, Meh. It has set the scene though.

My money is on the undead bypassing ‘the north’ and heading to Kings Landing.

That way we get to cheer them on as they bash the fella with all the boats etc. Setting up a final battle with ‘the north’.

‘The north’ = north of the Tyne, south of the wall.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

agree the dragon bit was cheese but i guess it was trying to show they are in love. Will that come out on top or is it family etc. Well now he knows she is family 🙂

That Bran bit was awesome at the end!  He is waiting for Jamie to give him a push (or a hand)  DYSWIDT?

mogrim

Meh

+1000.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

For those going meh how do you get from the end of s6 to where we got to with all those characters?
    The telling Jon who he is needed the right timing and not just to kick off into battle.

martinhutch

agree the dragon bit was cheese but i guess it was trying to show they are in love.

It’s curious, because only Targaryens are supposed to be able to ride dragons. So she suspects that she’s boffing a close relation?

Enjoyed the episode. It’s been a long break, so a bit of reintroduction of characters is welcome, especially those who haven’t seen each other since, what, series one?

mogrim

For those going meh how do you get from the end of s6 to where we got to with all those characters?

They could easily have fitted in a couple of skirmishes with white walkers, for example. As was it didn’t really move the plot along apart from Jon Snow finding out who he is. The rest was just soap-opera style meeting up again.

johnx2
    Free Member

‘The north’ = north of the Tyne, south of the wall.

Would be a narrow strip of land given Hadrian’s Wall runs to the banks of the Tyne. Going by accents ‘the North’ is mainly Actors’ Yorkshire, aye.

Anyway, GoT S8: quite disappointed my wife (usually my job), though I thought the guy from Borgen who kept chewing the scenery was pretty good.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I enjoyed it although it was basically essential housekeeping.

You can’t bring that many characters into the same place after so long and not expect any interaction.

Where is Brienne though?

I was disappointed there was no Mormontgate.

I would have enjoyed little Lyanna tearing a bite out of Ser Friendzone.

perchypanther
    Free Member

It’s curious, because only Targaryens are supposed to be able to ride dragons.

By that rationale, Tormund, Beric and the Hound must also be secret Targaryens too.

hodgynd
    Free Member

I thought it was pretty much spot on and exactly what I was expecting ..
    Those who were expecting a battle ..get real that isn’t going to happen in the first episode ..setting the scene was what it was always going to be about ..

zilog6128

I waited 2 years for that?! **** sake. They could’ve squeezed in at least one rumble. John Snow/Dragon lady scenes were bad, terrible acting/dialogue. How easy was the rescue Theon mounted?! Overall alright tho, best bit was when Sam got told how it went down. Lord Umber bit was pretty creepy, Jamie/Bran at the end was good too. It had better kick off next week or I will be writing a very strongly worded tweet. 😀

I do think we could have had more white walker background up until now, although I guess their motivations are deliberately being kept unclear

their origins/motivation have been fully explained (unlike in the books AIUI); they were created by the Children to wipe out all the humans, which is exactly what they are currently doing!

AlexSimon

I thought it was superb! Just the right pace for me. I’ve never really liked the war parts anyway – it’s all about the character interactions for me and this episode was packed with it.

God knows why Cersei thinks that Bronn will kill his two former partners/masters though – even for chests of gold.

chestrockwell

Bronn’s a mercenary first and foremost. Remember when he wouldn’t be the Imp’s champion? Bronn has always done what’s best for him although I imagine he’ll do the opposite when the time comes.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Well I enjoyed it, it doesn’t have to be all tits and swords for me.

LOTS happened, characters reunited who’ve been apart since S1 E2, characters have progressed and become harder – this isn’t going to end with the all the armies in the north at the moment all living in harmony after they defeat the White Walkers (if they do). They thought they were different to their respective fathers generation, but they’re not, they’ll end up trying to murder each other for the throne eventually.

Next weeks episode looks like it’ll be a gory blood bath, I like those too.

sirromj

Enjoyed here. Watched a s7 reminder beforehand, lots of ‘oh yeah’ moments. Pace of s8e1 was just right for reintroducing all whats happening.

FuzzyWuzzy

By that rationale, Tormund, Beric and the Hound must also be secret Targaryens too.

Riding (controlling) not being a passenger, they specifically showed Jon controlling the dragon’s direction at one point. I was surprised Deanerys didn’t seem to know the significance of it, I’d have thought she’d have brushed up a bit on dragon history.

Arya’s weapon looked a bit boring, I didn’t think there was gunpowder in GoT so is it just a spear thrower?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I was surprised Deanerys didn’t seem to know the significance of it, I’d have thought she’d have brushed up a bit on dragon history.

I’m guessing she knows bits, but the dragons have been relaxed about Jon, so that might be part of it.

Arya’s weapon looked a bit boring, I didn’t think there was gunpowder in GoT so is it just a spear thrower?

I thought it was more a staff with detachable spear end, she was training with a staff with the faceless all the time.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 699 total)

The topic ‘Game of Thrones – Of course it has Spoilers’ is closed to new replies.