Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 975 total)
  • Game of Thrones Season 6
  • bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Who hate each other because the Mountain burnt the Hound

Actually, you and howsyourdad1 are completely right. For some reason, my brain blocked out they absolutely hated each other.

perchypanther
    Free Member

The Hound needs to seriously up his ‘roid stack before he takes on his big brother…

No need for that. The big man’s been beastin’ into the porridge.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

The Hound needs to seriously up his ‘roid stack before he takes on his big brother…

Probably brush up on his necromancy as well.

mcj78
    Free Member

perchypanther – Member

No need for that. The big man’s been beastin’ into the porridge.

Seen him in the pub once – got vertigo just wondering what the view from up there was like, hands like a bunch of bananas…

footflaps

hands like a bunch of bananas…

I think they can treat that sort of thing these days (although possibly not in Scotland)….

jimjam
    Free Member

wrecker

All of those female assassins were brilliant,

Please god no. They were ****ing dire. Easy on the eyes but shit frankly.

GrahamS

The hound vs The mountain

AKA “Cleganebowl” I mentioned earlier. Seems likely to me.

perchypanther
    Free Member

AKA “Cleganebowl” I mentioned earlier. Seems likely to me.

My best guess….Lannisters purge Kings Landing of the Faith Militant, High Sparrow escapes and seeks refuge in a monastery somewhere.
    Ser Robert Strong is despatched to sort his bony ass right out.
    Catches up with him in a monastery graveyard.
    Kills him.
    Looks triumphantly around the graveyard.
    Sees extemely tall gravedigger
    Gravedigger lowers hood…… camera pans to absolutely enormous grave that he’s just finished digging…..GAME ON!

swavis

Did Jaqen H’ghar not ask Arya about why she had taken him off her list in the last episode? Maybe they will team up again.

wrecker
    Free Member

Please god no. They were ****ing dire. Easy on the eyes but shit frankly.

I don’t think there is any character I think is particularly dire. I’m bored of Cersei, she needs to go but they need to do the stuff with the sparrow. Hopefully she’ll get squished in the scrap.

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

not understanding the negativity, last nights episode was a banger!! in fact with the exception of lasts weeks slower paced effort (which was still great) they have all been this series! absolutely loving it.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

so in summary

Last 2 episodes have been great, bit of story moving along now and a bit like we need to advance some stories a bit (North of Wall and Mrs Dragons)

My thoughts as it stands…
    Lannisters – Bit of panic, control and future looks limited. Decisive action needed.
    Tyrells – Long Game
    Starks – Revenge and more than we keep remembering about
    Bolton – Well short game really
    Greyjoy – Boats, more boats
    Targaryen – not sure how those desert blokes will like Winter, but Dragons 🙂
    Arryn – Coming in to pick up the pieces?

gonzy
    Free Member

i agree with wrecker…cersei is beginning to bore me…she needs to go
    interesting plot theory by perchypanther…sounds like a good way for it to pan out
    as for ramsay i think his days are numbered…how he will go…i’m not sure but he will die
    my money is on jon snow doing him then leaving him for ghost to finish him off…or maybe sansa to make the final blow
    i think littlefinger will get busted next week too over his duplicity

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Sweet, Captain WW can see Bran.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

as for ramsay i think his days are numbered…how he will go…i’m not sure but he will die

Disappointingly, due to the wife of a cgi techy person who worked on the set of this current series I know the answer to this. Didn’t cover my ears in time 🙁

gonzy
    Free Member

Disappointingly, due to the wife of a cgi techy person who worked on the set of this current series I know the answer to this. Didn’t cover my ears in time

from what i can make of the trailer…it looks like theres going to be a rather big scuffle at winterfell….i’m hoping ramsay get introduced to some valyrian steel…ideally id like him to live a bit longer to see what else he gets up to but i reckon he’s going to get it next week

swavis

I don’t think so, I’m guessing he maybe just looked in the direction of where Bran was standing. I’m probably wrong though 😆

supremebean
    Free Member

from what i can make of the trailer…it looks like theres going to be a rather big scuffle at winterfell….i’m hoping ramsay get introduced to some valyrian steel…ideally id like him to live a bit longer to see what else he gets up to but i reckon he’s going to get it next week

The Battle of The Bastards!! Ep 8 or 9 i reckon.

allan23
    Free Member

Wonder if that new Red Priestess is in place of Moquorro in the books. He was the one found by the Greyjoy ship.

bomberman
    Free Member

Can anyone tell me how Sansa and Theon survived jumping off that massive wall? Did they have medieval squirrel suits in those days?

AlexSimon

bomberman – Member

Can anyone tell me how Sansa and Theon survived jumping off that massive wall? Did they have medieval squirrel suits in those days? There are dragons, smoke monsters, people who don’t burn and people being resurrected and you have a problem with that!
    😉

swavis

Jon’s come back from the dead & you’re questioning a little hop from a wall? 😉

Edit- beaten to it

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

The White Walkers seem to do a lot of enigmatic staring…BUT…Eddard definitely appeared to hear him when they were hanging around at the tower last week.

Ramsay has to buy it soon. Every time I see the House Bolton flayed man Sigil I think of this Mitchell & Webb sketch All the others are pretty neutral. Then you’ve got a flayed man upside down on a cross.

a little hop from a wall

That was a big jump, and they seemed to suffer no ill effects at all. Most of the time basic physics still applies, even in Westeros. they could have just had them jump into a big pile of horse shit

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

It does seem your survival depends on which side of the wall you jump/fall off.

Just ask Myranda….

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdxVX1RRKO0[/video]

transporter13
    Free Member

What about the possibility of arya stark getting to the bolton boy?

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Did Jaqen H’ghar not ask Arya about why she had taken him off her list in the last episode? Maybe they will team up again.

isn’t he a paid assassin?
    isn’t she a paid assassin? (in training)

anyway

this series needs:

more hound
    more bron
    even more tyrion
    more zombies
    more dragons
    more dead lannisters (except tyrion)

less whatsisface-who-hangs-out-with-jorah
    less dorne (yawn)
    less faith militant (yawn)
    less rickon or bran or whoever has just found max von sydow (yawn)

GrahamS

Yep – in the Tower of Joy vision Bran called to Ned and Ned seemed to almost hear him.

I reckon the Night’s King (being ancient and supernatural) will be a bit more attuned to Green-Seers and will know he is being watched.

Can anyone tell me how Sansa and Theon survived jumping off that massive wall?

Winter Is Coming. Deep snowdrift against the wall. Snow is soft.

jimjam
    Free Member

bomberman

Can anyone tell me how Sansa and Theon survived jumping off that massive wall? Did they have medieval squirrel suits in those days?

simons_nicolai-uk

a little hop from a wall

That was a big jump, and they seemed to suffer no ill effects at all. Most of the time basic physics still applies, even in Westeros. they could have just had them jump into a big pile of horse shit [/quote]

As GrahamS said, they jumped into what looked like a big snow drift. Observe.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZGKDplDKU4[/video]

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40MJcl3qk08[/video]

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dC_kVvHZ2HE[/video]

GrahamS

Jeeeesus! Russians are mental.

Anyway, the far bigger issue with the Sansa/Reek escape is how long that lass holds her bow at full draw. A common issue in GoT and other medieval fantasy things:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtoBFXSvD6Y[/video]

bomberman
    Free Member

There are dragons, smoke monsters, people who don’t burn and people being resurrected and you have a problem with that!

Yeah actually, i do. Hocus pocus and magic’s fine with me but they still have to bleed/die when they get stabbed or fall. It’s this gritty realism that holds it all together.

That was a big jump, and they seemed to suffer no ill effects at all. Most of the time basic physics still applies, even in Westeros. they could have just had them jump into a big pile of horse shit

Exactly what i thought.

Winter Is Coming. Deep snowdrift against the wall. Snow is soft.

That’s the only plausible scenario i could think of.

I’ll allow this one plot-hole seeing as the whole series has been quite good 😉

jimjam
    Free Member

GrahamS

Anyway, the far bigger issue with the Sansa/Reek escape is how long that lass holds her bow at full draw.

Well contrary to what the video says it’s far from a “massive war bow” and since we don’t know the draw weight there’s no point speculating on how strong she is/how improbable the length of the hold.

gonzy
    Free Member

Anyway, the far bigger issue with the Sansa/Reek escape is how long that lass holds her bow at full draw.

doesnt matter how strong that lass was…she’s dead…but i fail to see how it is connected to the sansa/reek escape…unless you meant to type “than” instead of “with”

seosamh77
    Free Member

setting up nicely for a great end to the season. 🙂

GrahamS

i fail to see how it is connected to the sansa/reek escape

Because the lass in the sansa/reek escape does almost exactly the same thing – holds her bow at full draw for ages without even a tremble.

I just didn’t have an amusingly voiced video of her doing it 🙂

gonzy
    Free Member

Because the lass in the sansa/reek escape does almost exactly the same thing

aaah…got you!

kudos100
    Free Member

Is it me or is some of the acting this season a little below par, compared with the others?

Mother of dragons and her lot are all a bit suspect as are the dorne lot.

I’m hoping we get to see another great double act like The Hound and Arya, Brienne and Jamie, Tyrion and Bronn and Jon Snow and Ygritte, this season.

Need some new blood in the mix and to kill off some of the stale characters (and Ramsey the horrible bastard)

I keep waiting for the Mountain to go on a rampage, hopefully in the next few episodes.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I keep waiting for the Mountain to go on a rampage, hopefully in the next few episodes.

The mountain is like a one man carrier battle group, just parking him nearby is often enough to diffuse the situation.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Is it me or is some of the acting this season a little below par, compared with the others?

I noticed Littlfinger’s accent, never known for it’s consistency, really took us on a tour of the world last week.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

He It’s warming up….

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 975 total)

The topic ‘Game of Thrones Season 6’ is closed to new replies.