Viewing 40 posts - 481 through 520 (of 975 total)
  • Game of Thrones Season 6
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

fair enough, I just prefer to watch these things as they start. Bit wierd in the modern world to see something and not know what is going to happen – Like Lovejoy not even finishing his market stall or the rest.

GrahamS

Questions from Episode 7:

1) Arya seemed oddly out of character. Last episode she was hiding in the darkness. Now she is boldly walking about in daylight, not even slightly disguised, somehow forgetting that merciless faceless assassins are after her. That’s a bit odd. Is this a fake Arya or something???

2) If not then who will save her from bleeding out? Lady Crane? Gendry?

3) Why are the Brotherhood Without Banners suddenly bad guys? The group we met in previous seasons didn’t seem like the type who would slaughter a camp full of unarmed peasants for no reason.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Now, where is the Hound?

Have you watched Episode 7 yet? [/quote]

No. TBH I don’t even know why I’m reading this spoiler laden thread. Masochism I guess.

jimdubleyou

3) Why are the Brotherhood Without Banners suddenly bad guys? The group we met in previous seasons didn’t seem like the type who would slaughter a camp full of unarmed peasants for no reason.

Don’t they follow the Lord of Light? So a different religion to Lovejoy? Perhaps they are getting a bit militant…

swavis

Well that was a bit good, the Hound is back, Yara is off to meet Daenerys and Cersei looks like she’s been backed right into a corner with no friends left so hopefully her only way out will be to use the Mountain. All building up nicely 😀

anagallis_arvensis

I dont believe that Al Swearengen would be killed so easily and he didnt say “****” once…

mahalo

yes i agree the Arya thing was too obvious, that whole scene didnt feel right..

However, she’s still alive! which means that nowty lass who stabbed her failed in her assasination. so id imagine she’ll face repercussions… and old Jaq told said not to make her suffer.

CheesybeanZ

Best line last night
    ” I’m going to f… the tiits off that ”

mahalo

yeah, she seems to have cheered up a bit! that speech to Theon was a bit cheesey tho!

theotherjonv

I was hoping for her to be approached by an ugly old tart only to deliver the crushing line ‘I wouldn’t **** her with your dick’

perchypanther
    Free Member

I was hoping for her to be approached by an ugly old tart only to deliver the crushing line ‘I wouldn’t **** her with your dick’

That would have been the cruellest thing ever in a show filled with horrific cruelty.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

1) Arya seemed oddly out of character. Last episode she was hiding in the darkness. Now she is boldly walking about in daylight, not even slightly disguised, somehow forgetting that merciless faceless assassins are after her. That’s a bit odd. Is this a fake Arya or something???

2) If not then who will save her from bleeding out? Lady Crane? Gendry?

3) Why are the Brotherhood Without Banners suddenly bad guys? The group we met in previous seasons didn’t seem like the type who would slaughter a camp full of unarmed peasants for no reason

Those scenes bothered me as well. Where did Arya get enough coin to charter a ship to Westeros from – that must be a serious amount of money? She didn’t have any going into the faceless men, Jaqen H’ghar wouldn’t have given her any. Interesting theories here. The second is “Arya was actually Jaqen H’ghar and the Waif failed his test” which they discount because the faceless men wear the faces of the dead but didn’t Jaqan H’ghar previously morph into the Waif during Arya’s training?

It doesn’t feel right that it was the Brotherhood who wiped out Al Swearengens crew – Wiki info says their goal is to protect the smallfolk from any force preying on them, regardless of which King or Lord they support. Wiping out a harmless group of smallfolk, regardless of what religion they follow, seemed way out of character. I really hope that this gets some follow up – it seems a crappy way to bring the Hound back otherwise.

I’m finding this season rather disappointing – maybe because it’s the first we’ve watched live rather than bingeing on – but there are now so many storylines which means they are barely progressing.

packer
    Free Member

but there are now so many storylines which means they are barely progressing

I agree. We are now 7 hours into this series and it feels like hardly anything has happened yet. We’ll be lucky to get to the battle for Winterfell before the end of the series.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Does no-one die in this thing anymore?

If Arya doesn’t peg it after being gut shotted, and then having a swim in some lovely sewage filled water, I will go punch a wildling.

On the other hand, no Dany storyline, so 11/10 for me this week.

p.s Dorne still exists, right?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Those scenes bothered me as well. Where did Arya get enough coin to charter a ship to Westeros from – that must be a serious amount of money?

She was being trained in the sneaky arts, nickin cash should be easy.

It doesn’t feel right that it was the Brotherhood who wiped out Al Swearengens crew

Religious folks getting upity and killing people – most believable plot line…

– but there are now so many storylines which means they are barely progressing.

For me there are a lot of things going along, people are not getting killed for no reason

nemesis
    Free Member

Arya wasn’t Arya. Really don’t see that – as pointed out, behaviour totally out of sorts. Pretty sure it’s Jaqen posing as her.

Also the official synopsis of the next episode states

Tyrion seeks a strange ally. Bran learns a great deal. Brienne goes on a mission. Arya is given a chance to prove herself

packer
    Free Member

Arya is given a chance to prove herself

I didn’t want to mention the trailer spoilers, but since you’ve said this I will also say that she’s in the trailer briefly and appears to have recovered from her injury remarkably well… (my theory is it was a dream sequence).

atlaz
    Free Member

my theory is it was a dream sequence

“and then I woke up…” pretty sure Lee and Herring did a “Lazy Comedy Slags” bit about that particular setup. I will say I also assumed it was either a dream or not her given her swanning about with loads of cash.

woodster

p.s Dorne still exists, right?

I hope not.

What are the white walkers waiting for? Seems like they’ve killed/recruited everyone north of the wall aside from Bran and his dwindling gang. Even Jon Snow has got to the point where he’s not that bothered about a giant army of the dead and decided to start another war.

nemesis
    Free Member

500!

GrahamS

there are now so many storylines which means they are barely progressing

Really? I think it is thundering along a bit too quickly now and a lot of the storylines have been trimmed a bit too much.

Arya was actually Jaqen H’ghar and the Waif failed his test

I don’t think even Jaqen would allow himself to be fatally stabbed just to prove a point.

Religious folks getting upity and killing people – most believable plot line…

It is – but I think if that was meant to be the motivation for the Brotherhood suddenly being bad guys then they should have made something of it when Lovejoy offered them the blessings of the seven.

GrahamS

What are the white walkers waiting for?

Yeah it’s not very far from Hardhome to the Wall – though I guess zombies do march pretty slowly.

Maybe they are looking for something to bring down the wall with?

Or finding a way around it.

Even Jon Snow has got to the point where he’s not that bothered about a giant army of the dead and decided to start another war.

Well… as Davos explained, part of his reasoning for taking back Winterfell is because they need to reunite the North against the White Walkers.

zilog6128

but I think if that was meant to be the motivation for the Brotherhood suddenly being bad guys then they should have made something of it when Lovejoy offered them the blessings of the seven.

We didn’t actually see who killed Lovejoy’s lot though did we?

nemesis
    Free Member

Ah, it was the High Sparrow (by proxy)…

perchypanther
    Free Member

Was Lovejoy innit?

Topped his mates then hanged himself …..just to provoke the Hound into fulfilling his destiny and that.

johnx2
    Free Member

nah, it was a whinny of (presumably departing) horses that brought Bonzo from his reverie. The slaughter of crowd of folks otherwise must’ve happened quietly.

Honestly sometimes this programme is not terribly realistic…

GrahamS

Erm.. no it wasn’t – it was distant Wilhelm screaming and assorted aaaaaarghing:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxMKpQG1cCI[/video]

johnx2
    Free Member

ah okay. Much better. I was watching/listening on a phone, on my own in a hotel room. Which I guess indicates that I’m a. hooked, b. have poor impulse control and c. a sad life…

anagallis_arvensis

Whats happend to the red women and her fantastic pair?

packer
    Free Member

They went seriously down-hill in episode 1

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Whats happend to the red women and her fantastic pair?

Chris De Burgh has kidnapped her.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Right, well, that was all jolly good, except for the Arya sequence which I can only explain in the following way:

Arya is Jaqen in disguise.
    So is The Waif.
    So is the actress who didn’t get assassinated by Arya (who is Jaqen at the same time).
    And Lovejoy.
    And Neil from The Young Ones. Although he might actually be himself, difficult to say.

BTW are there any British actors who haven’t been in GOT yet?

johnx2
    Free Member

the bloke who played benny in crossroads?

packer
    Free Member

I thought he was Hodor?

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

the bloke who played benny in crossroads?

He played stinky peasant #3 in S05E04.

ocrider

And Neil from The Young Ones. Although he might actually be himself, difficult to say.

Didn’t see him but I think you could mean Tim McInnerney, aka Lord Percy from Blackadder

GrahamS
    mattrgee
    Free Member

Just when there were too many storylines to cover in each episode, let’s create a new one by bringing back the Hound! Ugh.

This series has barely progressed any of the storylines at all. What’s happened in his series so far? Errr nothing really.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

What’s happened in his series so far? Errr nothing really.

John Snow brought back to life
    Little Shit Bolton taken Control
    Mutiny in the Iron Islands
    Daenerys rescued then claims an army
    2 Lots of Iron Islanders off to strike a deal with her
    The Lannisters losing their grip on power
    Margery looking very skilled at deception
    Ayra path heading back into the world.

So not a lot really..

tenfoot

Ayra path heading back into the world.

Looking forward to this. I like it when she’s running around mixing it up like a medieval Beryl The Peril

Viewing 40 posts - 481 through 520 (of 975 total)

The topic ‘Game of Thrones Season 6’ is closed to new replies.