• This topic has 42 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by pk13.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • FS: Niner on Gumtree – bit hot!?
  • atparry

Came across a rather nice looking Niner for sale on Gumtree for sale in the Midlands
    The price is far too low for the spec – unless the seller missed out a ‘0’.
    If you have had one pinched then take a look.
    Otherwise grab yourself a bargain.

makkag
    Free Member

thats on fire at that price surely !

loddrik
    Free Member

Link…?

loddrik
    Free Member

That’s gotta be scortchin’…!

mrblobby
    Free Member

FFS 🙄

Hope the real owner of that bike spots it and gets it back.

medoramas
    Free Member

But you get free helmet!

llama

usually I’d give those sort of adds the benefit of the doubt

in this case

well dodgy

mrjmt
    Free Member

Love the welds on the carbon frame.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

hotter than a bedouins teapot

mrblobby
    Free Member

Can someone explain why gumtree/ebay don’t get held to account when people use their services to sell stolen goods especially as they profit from the transaction?

andyl
    Free Member

Found the details of it being stolen on google cache along with a crime number. Will contact police with the details..

Gaz.dick
    Free Member

I always feel its worth reporting these – does anybody else ?

I’m not sure if – “I think this looks dodgy” really is a reason to report – but maybe its enough for Gumtree to do some investigations?!

mrblobby
    Free Member

Good work andyl.

jontykint
    Free Member

The address of the seller is in a decent area. Zoopla gives the house price as £368k so wouldnt point directly to him selling a stolen bike.
    But it is little odd

Gaz.dick
    Free Member

andyl – Member

Found the details of it being stolen on google cache along with a crime number. Will contact police with the details..

Thats awesome – isn’t it great when a community comes together 🙂

lunge

Wow. The cable lock alone is enough for me to think it’s dodgy.

jontykint
    Free Member

hope it’s the one on stolen-bikes!
    Seat post is different though

andyl
    Free Member

The photos of the one on stolen bikes finally came up when I finished on the phone to West Midland police. A couple of differences but it does look very similar and things like the blue rear QR stand out.

The guy does say in is advert the wheels were different when stolen so the saddle and post might be different too.

I was using the written description from google cache but now the site is working have emailed the owner and told them the Police have been contacted so hopefully he/she will chase it up with them as I don’t want to be dealing with it (done my bit!)

Just taking screen shots for the Police as requested. The seller gives his address!

edit: just noticed the comments about the address. I’m 100 odd miles away so have no idea about Birmingham. Probably just a fake address then but you never know.

Suggsey
    Free Member

And with a name like Fidullah (Fiddler) he even alludes to being a crim!
    Hope he gets what he deserves!m

andyl
    Free Member

I think that is actually his name,

and after some more digging I think I am going to leave it there…..hmm

llama

every is part is very good and strong

Think I’m going to take that and save it for next time I sell a bike. Shame its not in caps.

smurfly13
    Free Member

Interesting….

BoardinBob

There’s a facebook page for selling bike bits that has a couple of people blatantly selling stolen stuff. Grim. Tried to contact an admin to see what could be done but no response.

andyl
    Free Member

Well gumtree advert is gone and I didn’t hear from the Police who said they would call me after 2pm when the shift that would look into it started.

pictonroad

Number works, he/she texted me to say the bike isn’t for sale any more.

andyl
    Free Member

Bugger, bet he’s sold it.

just noticed I had an email off the Police just before 5, presumably following my emailing of the Stolen-bikes website not from my phone call to them asking for the screenshots I took.

Going to be annoying if he has sold it and got away with it because of delays.

andyl
    Free Member

Phew! Good news.

Just had an email from the owner thanking me as his bike it on it’s way back to him after it was sold and ended up down south – incredible that it was only stolen last night!

Also had a voicemail from WM Police confirming going into a bit more detail.

Have let the owner know it was thanks to Singletrack so hopefully he will be along and let us know the full story.

8)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

WHERE’S THE EFFING “LIKE” BUTTON, STW?

What an excellent outcome!

allthepies
    Free Member

Above and beyond the call of duty Sir, I statute you 🙂

andyl
    Free Member

Goes to show how important it is to get details of a theft up on the stolen bikes websites as soon as possible. I have to admit it was hard to find that one and as the site was not loading it was google cache that saved the day and got me the crime reference number to link it.

I was worried it was too late but West Midlands Police came through in the end.

Speshpaul

Well done sir.

pictonroad

Splendid work, I have a mate round the corner and was prepping him to pose as a “buyer” 👿

badgers35
    Free Member

Hi Andy what ninner was is it I had one nicked 5 weeks ago from the dudley area in the west mids mine was the ninner rip in green 2012-2013 version with crossmax wheels and a red charge spoon saddle
    Which I reported to the police

smurfly13
    Free Member

And well done to the OP for posting it!!

andyl
    Free Member

And well done to the OP for posting it!!

^ This. I was hoping the OP would pop back in the thread and see the result of his highlighting it.

Badger – was an EMD with a carbon combined stem and handlebars (distinctive), grey with carbon forks, black saddle, Thomson layback post, SLX brakes and SLX cranks IIRC.

matt_outandabout

Not my old nicked Emd then 🙁

scandal42
    Free Member

Excellent work, I would be extremely upset if my EMD were to go walkies so its good to see this type of community action.

MrsToast
    Free Member

Excellent! 😀

MrsToast
    Free Member

Goes to show how important it is to get details of a theft up on the stolen bikes websites as soon as possible. I have to admit it was hard to find that one and as the site was not loading it was google cache that saved the day and got me the crime reference number to link it.

I was worried it was too late but West Midlands Police came through in the end.

Yep, I put my bike up on stolen-bikes a few days after it had been nicked, then looked at the ‘Find That Bike!’ feature. Lo and behold, there it was on sale 90 miles up north – the advert had gone up 49 minutes previously. South Yorkshire Police seized my bike and are now investigating, just waiting for them to release my bike (as Aviva put my claim on hold, despite having taken my excess, heh). I’d been checking Gumtree, but only 30 miles around where I live.

As for the comments suggesting that the address was too nice for stolen goods, you’d be surprised. The guy who was selling my bike (knowing that it was stolen and having sold loads of other bikes on Gumtree) is a 23 year old graduate with a degree in Quantity Surveying and professionally taken photos of him on his business website wearing a suit and tie…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘FS: Niner on Gumtree – bit hot!?’ is closed to new replies.