• This topic has 16 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Rik.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Front Light advice
  • lucien

My Exposure MaX-D has gone T*ts up after 4 months and it’s going back to USE under warranty – USe reckonit will take 3 weeks to get it turned around – don;t get me started on service.

Looking to get a temporary light so needs to be: –

Something I can get hold of from a LBS
    Under £100
    Be able to shed a reasonable amount of light
    Rechargeable

Been lookng at the Hope Vison 1’s – what are these like and any other suggestions?

z1ppy

What do you consider a LBS? Would a UK mail order place suffice?

then.. spokeshirts/Magicshine UK/Merlin (rebranded magicshine as Asteri & just over your £100 limit) would be my suggestions.

wwaswas

I can sell you a Hope Vision HID for £85 posted? You could use that for a few weeks and then sell it for the same or keep as a spare – you’ll lose money on the Magichsines.

email in profile but it’s in great condition and comes with a soft battery case, helmet and bar mounts etc.

titusrider
    Free Member

I must say that to counter your slight rant USE warranty service has always been excellent (although ive used it more than i would hope!)

if i was you see if anyone you ride with has an old spare, or bodge some torches, or have a couple of weeks off, whats the point in spenting £100 for a couple of rides. If they are that important try and beg a demo light off USE?

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

i would have though USE would sort you out with a temporary light to be honest if you say you need one for riding etc…..depends how pushy you are…..they seem really excellent when ive contacted them….

Luminous
    Free Member

😯

lucien

Thanks for the replies guys, need to orgnaise something quickly or it’s the turbo for me…..grim of the grims!

@ wwaswas – I might be in touch 🙂
    @ titusrider “a couple of rides” – 3 weeks off = 18 rides for me!!! 😯
    @ Oscillate Wildly – asked USE and said it wasn’t “policy” 👿
    @ Luminous – Uh? ❓

stumpy01

I was going to sat the Spokeshirts light is a decent light for £100, but it doesn’t seem to be available as a set.

Although there’s one on the website called the tiddler that claims to put out 400lumens for 3hrs. Might be worth a bash for £60.
    Delivery of my Spokeshirts light was very quick and I used normal postage. You might be able to get next day for a bit extra???

trout
    Free Member

iI can lend you my Liberator. demo if you pay postage each way

lucien

Trout, are you sure Liberator is a light – it sounds like an “alternative” gadget?

titusrider
    Free Member

its a bloody fantastic light which will make you wish u had bought one of those (bite his hand off for that offer!)
    Clicky

dazzlingboy

bite his hand off for that offer!

+1 – I suspect your £100 budget will be right out the window once you’ve tried the Liberator – awesome piece of engineering.

spokebloke
    Free Member

I was going to sat the Spokeshirts light is a decent light for £100, but it doesn’t seem to be available as a set.

We’re out of stock of the big light at the moment – should have the next evolution in a couple of weeks – 1100 lumens for £129 – smaller than the Tiddler.

Got a few Tiddlers if you fancy a decent helmet light though.

Skankin_giant
    Free Member

Bugger, wish I knew about these lights, especially these new 1100 lumen jobs, would have held back, just placed a order for a exposure race mk 5.

Owell thats the way things go.

Cheers Steve

trout
    Free Member

Whats in the 1100 lumen jobbie ??

spokebloke
    Free Member

3 xp-g Troutie running on quite a wide diameter board (I’d previously only seen a triple on 20mm).

I’ve got a prototype – will sort out a beam shot when/if it stops raining.

Rik
    Free Member

Has it stopped raining Spokebloke – must have by now……

Any pics of the proto head unit to so we can get an idea?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Front Light advice’ is closed to new replies.