Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Fresh Goods Friday 695 – The Enduro Beckoning Edition
  • Ben_Haworth

Welcome to Friday! Most people’s favourite day of the week. Apart from Sundays. And also Saturdays.

By ben_haworth

Get the full story here:

Fresh Goods Friday 695 – The Enduro Beckoning Edition

nickc

That 11 speed Cues might be the Shimano innovation that tempts me away from SRAM 12 speed. If it works half as well as it claims, for that price? That’s very tempting.

In the mean time, I’ll wait patiently for someone to make 12 speed compatible chainrings for that chainset.

Also, I’ve never thought my bottle holder needed a (not) boa…Perhaps I lack imagination?

chrismac

Please tell me they do the shifter without the window aswell.

v7fmp

Shimano MT520 4-Piston Disc Brake – been running these for about 3 years or so now. Other than the odd bleed, they have been faultless. No faff with adjusters, extra bits you dont need, just a solid brake that has seen me through many a tight spot.

And at times, they are about £50 an axle, so cheap as chips!

nickc

Please tell me they do the shifter without the window

Ha, was my thoughts too! Let’s hope it comes supplied with a blanking plate

johncoventry

Some reasonably priced components for once (Cues). They look excellent for the money.

Bikevlip. Nice idea but I will stick with my blocks of wood.

landslide

Yes, wine bottles will fit.

Take my money

speaker2animals

So will “standard” 11 spd chain work with CUES and therefore pre CUES chain rings?

matt_outandabout

CUES is Shimano’s consolidation-tactic mid-tier drivetrain stuff. Simplified compatibility and increased durability (Linkglide technology claims to be up to 300% more durable than Hyperglide).

Yes. I buy that.
    Now, when can we see a test?

desperatebicycle

Bikevlip. Nice idea but

…. Twenty
    five Quid?? (ok EUROS!??) £9.99 max for that

footflaps

Also, I’ve never thought my bottle holder needed a (not) boa…Perhaps I lack imagination?

Was thinking the same, then I thought that a universal one which could pretty much grip anything might be hand for stuff like random cans / bottles of drink bought when you can’t fill a bidon etc.

Gribs

I’m not impressed they’ve changed the cranks to get rid of the pinch bolts. It seems to work far better than any of the preload collars and doesn’t get stuck as it’s a fairly low torque system.

cx_monkey

it’s also not Hollowtech II. All the rest of the CUES cranks are – but that one certainly isn’t.

gavalar
    Free Member

Shimano Cues, I have been using this 11 speed drivetrain on my Yeti 160e, it simply makes sense, more durable, stronger shifting, more precise shifting and less shifting as the range makes a lot more sense over 12 speed for emtb, the Yeti originally came equipped with Shimano SLX but Cues, in my opinion is far better and great value for money.

ShanAndy

Dear Green coffee is really nice. Good to see them getting some exposure.

Not just because the owner is a friend of a friend.

kiwijohn

I liked the look of those Cues cranks until I looked up the installation documents.
    It needs a flipping crank extractor to remove them, so that’s a hard pass from me.

b33k34

@Gribs +1 Shimano’s HT pinch bolt cranks attachments easier to use and more reliable than any other crank I’ve used.

DickBarton

The durability of the CUES cassette is down to being steel, isn’t it? So won’t be as light but I’d suggest the slight weight increase is far more appealing with the longevity.
    I thought the spacing of the cassette rings were slightly different to HG cassettes and standard shifters/chains wouldn’t work – is that right or have I misread all that?
    Reread the article and the cassette works with plenty, so that is good.

kiwijohn

I believe it’s only the shifter and derailleur having a different pull ratio which means they have to be used together.
    Linkglide and HG 11 speed chains are interchangeable.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.