Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Fresh Goods Friday 692 – The Al Fresco Edition
  • stwhannah

For this week’s Fresh Goods Friday we have escaped the shrouded misty slopes of TodMorDen and headed on over to… Stockport.

By stwhannah

Get the full story here:

Fresh Goods Friday 692 – The Al Fresco Edition

Rubber_Buccaneer

The Gizmo: presumably named after

danposs86

Nice to see good kids helmets at a sensible price.

salad_dodger

£80 for a dropper lever!!!!

ahsat

Omg I love that Hamish made the front page 😍 Sod the rest of FGF.

Gribs

£80 for a dropper lever!!!!

When an xt shifter is £40 it really doesn’t make much sense.

mtbfix

When an xt shifter is £40 it really doesn’t make much sense

Hardly comparing apples with apples, is it? Small brand, in house production, paying workers in the brand’s home country costs more. See also the Hope dropper lever.

IHN

Northwind

Good on Zefal for inventing the bottle cage holder and the trouser clip, both long overdue (I bet 20 scottish pence that the strap-on bottle cage is really good, til you put a bottle of water in it)

The wolftooth dropper lever just looks a bit crap and agricultural, compared to the Oneup one? And the Oneup is obviously not cheap at £35 but that’s half the price.

0range5

£80 seems a lot for a dropper lever but they’re likely priced at what they need to be for the product and they also don’t need everyone who needs a dropper lever to buy one. Just enough people for the production run to sell.

I totally get people being annoyed if something expensive breaks or wears out too easily but if it’s expensive because it’s designed and made well fair enough. I have an original Wolf Tooth lever that’s been on at least 3 bikes now and works as well as new. I like that it doesn’t need a rubber/plastic insert for grip too.

sargey2003

Having used both the One-Up and the Wolftooth dropper levers I am of the opinion that the latter is well worth twice the former.

Both used with One-up posts.

I have broken 2 One-up levers, but not a Wolftooth one – and the Wolftooth lever has a sacrificial component that you can replace for a few quid (and carry as a spare part).

b33k34

hollow soft cover ‘straws’ to put zip ties though

I like that idea a lot less faff than trying to get 3m heli tape in the right places.  Anyone got a suggestion/source for aftermarket? would be really good for rear mud hugger.

£80 for a dropper lever – actually seems to be 86 on their site (you *need* an adaptor whatever it fits to?) … Whats the replaceable/sacrifical part? @sargey2003 We’ve broken a few levers but the Bonty line elite works well, is neat and low profile and is £25…

The original wolf tooth (got given one when broke something else) is near enough identical to the AliBaba copies that used to be about £10.

however – this https://www.wolftoothcomponents.com/collections/dropper-levers/products/remote-360  looks genuinely different and interesting.  Has anyone ever used one?

0range5

That 360 model does look like it could be a simple sulution to fitting more bikes. I wonder if the leverage is enough to feel as light as their regular levers?

Northwind

I had a lever just like that 360 on something, buggered if I can remember what it was now! Not mountain bikey, maybe a camera thing? Mind blank, it was a bit picky about perfect setup, cable needed to be just so but it worked great.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.