Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Fresh Goods Friday 688 – The Weight For It Edition
  • Ben_Haworth

Hello! Good afternoon! And welcome to this week’s FGF. Come on in, the water’s lovely. Actually, it’s not. It’s not even water. It’s ice.

By ben_haworth

Get the full story here:

Fresh Goods Friday 688 – The Weight For It Edition

Gunz
    Free Member

Benji, you need to oil your worktop.

heebyjeeby

Personally I find Fidlock too much of an erm fiddle….ie when riding awkward to engage.  Fine when stopped but sometimes you want to drink on the move.

nickc

lthough, while we’re at it, why on Bod’s Green Earth do Americans use cups as a measure?k A cup of butter?! Are you insane?

Honest answer? There isn’t an American household that doesn’t have measuring cups, largely becasue of expense and inaccuracy of scales back in the day (that, and you’d have to know how to read…). For baking, you need accuracy, and cups give you that both quickly and consistently every-time.

…And yet; I don’t get invited to parties

matt_outandabout

Top Secret Flat Pedals

SRAM?

gazzab1955

Top secret flat pedals, REALLY!

They are pedals, they are flat and they go on a bike! Not much of a secret really.

Unless of course they are E-Bike specific (at which point I really would LMAO) or maybe they are magnetic to grip on to your iron clad cycling boots.

mashr

Top secret flat pedals, REALLY!

They are pedals, they are flat and they go on a bike! Not much of a secret really.

Steady on, we all know the flat pedal market is desperately underserved. This new entrant to the market is 100% needed!

LAT

SRAM?

didn’t sram buy time, who released a flat pedal?

Honest answer? There isn’t an American household that doesn’t have measuring cups, largely becasue of expense and inaccuracy of scales back in the day (that, and you’d have to know how to read…). For baking, you need accuracy, and cups give you that both quickly and consistently every-time.

Cups are great. as said, quick and accurate. And a cup of butter makes a delicious bedtime drink.

t0mislav

I live in the states, land of the free(ly exploited,) and no one here but a serious foodie or chef would use a scale for cooking measurement. Precision is not really valued I suppose, see our rejection of the metric system.

stingmered

Fidlock on all the bikes now, it’s superb. Just as easy to access as a regular bottle on the move, not sure why others struggle.

Re:  cups as a measure, it is bonkers. Fill a mug full of flour. Then tamp it down, you end up with less volume, but guess what, the same weight. Just use scales you bloody nit-wits. 

Northwind

stingmered

Re: cups as a measure, it is bonkers. Fill a mug full of flour. Then tamp it down, you end up with less volume, but guess what, the same weight.

“I have intentionally done this wrong and now I have a bad result, it’s clearly someone else’s fault!”

prettygreenparrot

Isn’t it a cup of flour/sugar/grits but a stick of butter?

But, yes, scales and grams are much better.

rOcKeTdOg

Soylent green is *spoiler!* 

Some of Heston’s finest work

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.