Home Forums Chat Forum French Beer in France

• This topic has 12 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by spot.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • French Beer in France
  • ali69er
    Free Member

Hi all,

So, I am going to the continent soon and am planning the trip, off to France, then Belgium. Travelling through Calais both ways. Is it worth looking at buyer beer in France or Belgium on the basis that it’s cheaper. Is this still the case or can anyone recommend any places to check out in particular? I assume Calais supermarkets are more expensive for this reason.

Any help would be appreciated. Just not sure whether to take the big car or the small one.

atlaz
    Free Member

Where in Belgium and France are you going? What sort of beer do you like? There’s a lot of options.

ali69er
    Free Member

I like a mix of things. Larger, ale, IPA, APA etc. I am travelling to Calais, Bruges, Antwerp, Ghent and back to Calais.

rhinofive

any decent sized Delhaize supermarket in Belgium will have enough decent beer in it to sink (or float) a battleship; its where I go whenever we’re over there

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Your planning a trip to belgium and your plan is to bring back cheap beer?

That’s like going to Islay and seeing if the local Tesco has Bells cheap!

IdleJon

Your planning a trip to belgium and your plan is to bring back cheap beer?

I read it and didn’t rely because I thought the same as you so assumed I must be reading it incorrectly.

A long time ago my wife and I had an argument in Calais along those lines. I was filling the trolley with unusual local beers and she put in 4 bottles of Peroni. I still think my anger was justified. 😁

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

My OH took me to Bruge for my 30th. Probably didn’t sample even 1% of the local beers, but gave it a damn good try!

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Yep I tried to sample 1% of Bruge’s local beers once …. add to that a dodgy muscle in a moules mariniere and I had stomach that blew up to look like I’d eaten a space hopper whole… That was a very uncomfortable night… never wanted a fart or burp soooo badly.

Sorry

Good luck with the beer search

dmorts

I’d be interested to know if you can get it cheaper than here

https://www.beerwulf.com/en-gb/c/beers/

brassneck

I’m on about 8% of Belgian but I worked in Antwerp for nigh on 4 years. Most of that 8% was the Pakhuis microbrewery, repeatedly.

hofnar
    Free Member

I’d be interested to know if you can get it cheaper than here

https://www.beerwulf.com/en-gb/c/beers/

You definitely can. I am a Belgian living in france and stock up  the normal grimbergen leffe hoegaarden at les then 2 eur a litre, regularly promotions at 1.75 or even 1.50. And France is more expensive then Belgium.

a belgian site letting you now which shop has offers on http://www.bierpromoties.be/

ali69er
    Free Member

So the tip is to buy in Belgium?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘French Beer in France’ is closed to new replies.