Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Freecycle, you have gone too far.
  • piemann
    Free Member

Eeeeewwwwww.

Unused, I’m guessing. But most of the stuff I’ve given/received on Freecycle has been second hand……..

z1ppy

dear god, looks like I need another trip to the opticians.

WTF does that say, young man?

EDIT: that a better piccy now 😉

piemann
    Free Member

Edited for clarity…..

Cougar

This cropped up on my local Freecycle today.

As anyone got a video recorder please as mine as broke.

Can’t help but think that watching less TV would be helpful there, love.

bigyinn
    Free Member

I’ve seen requests for Jetski’s, XBox360’s and Wii’s on mine, which is why I stopped subscribing. Theres always more wtd’s than anything else and people just take the piss.

biker66
    Free Member

Ugghh! hate it. Good idea gone bad. I gave away quite a few nice things and got fed up with people turning up late or not at all, not saying thank you , but mostly just having the sneaking suspicion that they are going to flog the stuff on e-bay or in their shop. I found it much easier to sell stuff on gumtree. An old sofa 2 freecyclers didn’t turn up for. Put it on gumtree for 20 quid and one happy customer and gone. All the small bits to the charity shop. Rant over

King-ocelot
    Free Member

What biker said. I gave away a dyson, needed a new hose but otherwise ok. Someone collected it then complained a few weeks later as the motor broke ‘would I be willing to split the cost of a new one?’.

bigyinn
    Free Member

**** orf said catflees to freecycler!

Cougar

I think it’s fantastic. It’s comedy gold. “Wanted: Ferrari (must be a red one)”

DezB
    Free Member

people just take the piss

Literally! 😆

ransos
    Free Member

I gave away an old kitchen (which was still available from B&Q) and they asked if I could get them some extra plinths and pelmets!

ski
    Free Member

Trying to run an allotment for zero cost this year, apart from rent.

I have had 3 shed raids so far this year & freecycle has come to my aid with free garden tools every time.

Petrol flymo that needed a fix on the pull start, petrol strimmer that only needed the carb cleaning & loads of hand tools, both of which would have been dumped by the owners.

Every donation gets a box of veg off me as a thank you, not that I tell freecycle that.

Sad thing is, I know where Susan could get some free bags too 😉

AnalogueAndy
    Free Member

catflees – Member
    What biker said. I gave away a dyson, needed a new hose but otherwise ok. Someone collected it then complained a few weeks later as the motor broke ‘would I be willing to split the cost of a new one?’.

Brilliant!

Same here (Bath) but I have shifted all sort of stuff – including most recently some old bib shorts and a helly the guy who took them was really appreciative.

Good way too of getting rid of stuff that would otherwise require effort or trips to the tip – a giant rabbit hutch, bags of top soil etc.

clunker

A mate of mine got a 70’s Vespa in bits off it and is currently rebuilding it. I always seem to see “Just moved in to my flat I want a TV, fridge, sofa, etc but don’t have any transport”

brick
    Free Member

‘Mick Daly’ has posted ‘wanteds’ 46 times in the last 4 weeks on freecyclebromley. It seems everything in his house has ‘just broken’ and his kids are really upset about not having the latest Wii add on.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Odly,

Wokingham Freecycle is great, missus checks the postings most evenings.

Teesside/Middlesbrough is crap. An idea that should work really well in (ahem) ‘less economicaly prosperous’ areas, but it’s just abused.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Who’d have thought? Lots of folks on benefits and people have their hands out all the time.

Mysterious.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Freecycle, you have gone too far.’ is closed to new replies.