Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Free trees/shrubs Southampton
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

These plant are going to die in two weekends time. If you want to dig them out they are yours. Unfortunately I don’t know their names so look at the pictures and guess

Both are evergreens and the first is about 5-6 foot tal and nicely rounded. The leaves grow in horizontal layers and it is nicely architectural.

The other is a tree that is about 7 foot tall at the moment.

Email me if you want them or post here otherwise they are chainsawed

camo16
    Free Member

Don’t kill the first one – it’s epic. If you fancy a trip to Liverpool with it, I’ll take it off your hands. 8)

bearnecessities

That’s 2 things now you’ve posted up that I’d have had if you weren’t so bloody far away.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I can try and dig out a root ball if you pay transportation and accept that they might die anyway.

I don’t particularly killing things just because they are too big for the place they are.

I can also possibly transport up to Stevenage on Tuesday

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Bumped to try and save the trees

camo16
    Free Member

If nobody comes along, how about killing the tall, ugly tree and shifting the cool one sideways to make room.

I can’t help it. I’m a solutions guy. It’s how I roll. 8)

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Wife wants to redo the whole flowerbed.

I can’t help it, I am under her thumb, that’s how I roll

🙂

camo16
    Free Member

😀

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Future is not looking bright for them…

camo16
    Free Member

Petition going up on change.org shortly to foil your dastardly plot, Tree Killer!

EDIT: anyone know what the first one is? I’m not going to be able to make it dahn sarf, but I’d like one of those bad boys.

bigshep
    Free Member

I’ve just sent a link for the wife to look at
    Will let you know…

jambalaya
    Free Member

Just promise us you won’t be going up any ladders.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

No idea what either of them are.

You can have them delivered at cost and I will try to save as much of the root ball as possible.

I will be using explosives rather than ladders this time I thought…

I am guessing the brown cone looking things might be seeds or similar so can send you some if you want Camo

camo16
    Free Member

WCA, thanks!

My (Google imaging) knowledge of trees suggests this might be a Western Red Cedar (same fruity bits and leaves), which apparently can get pretty durned massive… Then again, my Googling powers are not that strong!

Would some southerner on here please take it or will I have to go all Swampy in Southampton! 😡

joat

You’d have more luck stripping the brash and selling the few logs that are left. In my opinion, they are too big to move successfully. The light green one looks like a juniper. The short one probably has a long Latin name. Try lighting a small fire underneath them, sometimes they ignite to impressive effect.

bigshep
    Free Member

The wife says no…
    🙁

senorj

That first one is a liquorice alsort bush.
    igmc.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I could help dig them up, if you had a means of getting them to my house in Bassett? I don’t think they would fit in my car!

They would be ideal for our new front hedge…

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Hob Nob is the proud owner of two trees.

I have a pick up we can sling them in for delivery.

Can you make it this Saturday?

camo16
    Free Member

Yay!

hora
    Free Member

Whats Southampton like now? I left there in 1997 (uni). Is it full of hover cars etc?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Whats Southampton like now?

Total devastation since the Forestry Commission leveled Lordswood*

*That might be a slight exaggeration

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Great! Saturday is good for me. Drop me an email if you like to sort the details.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

email dropped

jambalaya
    Free Member

WCA, perhaps you can tell the Mrs that clearing the trees is her 20th anniversary present.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

WCA, perhaps you can tell the Mrs that clearing the trees is her 20th anniversary present.

The roots are fairly well established so not sure she would be able to clear them herself but a nice idea for the pressie 🙂

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Free trees/shrubs Southampton’ is closed to new replies.