• This topic has 57 replies, 29 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by iainc.
Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Fox Transfer?
  • chestrockwell

Been after one of these but have £140 Evans voucher and they show no signs of stocking them. Reverb just seems too unreliable so will probably go Thomson again having had zero issues with my last one.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

wiggles – Member
    Sources from fox have told me the DOSS was tested as lasting 3x longer than a reverb in up/down lab tests. The transfer lasts much longer than the DOSS in the same test.

Not full proof of real world conditions bit sounds good to me. Feel great too, faster than a reverb and very solid top out

Not exactly unbiased then . 😆

Gotama
    Free Member

Mine is rock solid on the stanchion twist test. Very very small amount of movement if you grab the saddle nose. I’d send yours back chief.

grubbish
    Free Member

Had mine for about a month and the switch on the post kept sticking and not returning properly from the first ride, tried everything to fix it thought it was my cable routing even lbs had a look. Currently at mojo’s under warranty yet to hear what they have to say about it. Basically the seat doesn’t lock out unless you move the switch with your hand.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Mine is rock solid on the stanchion twist test. Very very small amount of movement if you grab the saddle nose. I’d send yours back chief.

Cheers for info buddy! Reckon ill send it in soon then

iainc

Thinking about one of these, in the black Performance version, 125mm, internal to replace Giant Contact one on my new Anthem.

Question re the left lever action – how light is it ? I ask as I have arthritis in left thumb and can’t run my reverb or Giant lever on left, so have them on right side under. I can use an xt front mech ok on HT so if it’s similar in action to that I will be fine with left version.

Any other thoughts ?

Thanks

scotroutes

I have the left-side lever mounted upside down on the right. Looks a bit exposed but it works fine. It’s quite a light action too. I’d say it’s worth a try either way.

I was thinking of buying the Fox 2x lever until I saw the price!

iainc

thanks scotroutes – think I will go with the left under bar lever and if I find it a problem on the old thumb I can always change to a 2x. Easier that way, as going from a 2x on right to a 1x on left would mean a longer outer, which is a PITA as I think I’d need to remove BB (for which I don’t have right tool yet), whereas going from left to right will be a simple case of shortening the outer.

Will purchase from LBS anyway, not just so they can pop the BB out and thread the outer but mainly as warranty returns through the shop (which given my dropper seatpost experiences are likely) are so much easier than online purchases IMO.

Anyway, how do you rate it compared to others ?

scotroutes

Nice so far. Very light movement. Tops out with a bit of a clunk but it’s smooth getting there.

If you order a post with the 2x lever, I’ll swap with you?

iainc

cheers for that, let me get back to you once LBS have come back to me with a price. I would prefer a left under bar lever if I can get on with it, but will be a case of trying it for a few rides I think..

shooterman

I’ve had one since November. Still running crisp and reliable through muddy winter rides.

iainc

Good info shooterman, how you find the lever action ?

Bolt

Had an internal performance transfer for a couple of weeks and evening was great till today’s ride.
    The post has started feeling rough/sticky when going down, tried some juice lube but not any better.
    It returns fine, obviously unloaded though.
    Anyone else had similar?
    Worth trying some slick honey?

Cheers

des22

@grubbish I had the same issue with the switch not returning twice now. And just noticed the lever hinge side has cracked again. I’m sick of this dropper post and every man and his dog and magazine telling everyone how great it is.

iainc

mine has seen about half a dozen rides now with the Wolftooth 1x remote, all good so far….

goss
    Free Member

If you have a gearshifter for front mech in the man cave try taking it apart, remove the index plate and put it back together for your dropper.
    It’s bulky but it works. The shifter will not work with front mech after this.

arogers
    Free Member

The problem with gear shifter mods and the Transfer is that the cable clamps at the lever. There’s also very little space to try to insert any kind of cable clamp onto the end of the post. The Fox lever is rubbish. Mine lasted about 2 weeks before dissolving at the hinge, like a few others here. Wolftooth lever is good, but I struggled to get it in a comfortable position. I’ve just found a Bontrager lever which is pretty good. Happy with the post itself though.

iainc

^^^ The new Wolftooth LA (Light Action) one seems ideal – nice feel and very much lighter than the Fox one, though I went from a RHS Fox to a LHS Wolftooth

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Fox Transfer?’ is closed to new replies.