Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Fox forks = piss poor
  • pussywillow
    Free Member

Shame how fox forks seem to get all the praise for being the best trail forks around when all I’ve had is them break on me all the time, damping has gone again on my float 34s with the ctd mode, should have learnt my lesson from last time I had fox, stanchions are prone to wearing too, Rockshox or marzocchis from now on.
    I think fox are only good forks if your doing towpath riding. 😆

wwaswas

when do the schools go back?

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

OP’s forks

DezB
    Free Member

My Fox Vanilla stanchions. Yesterday

stcolin
    Free Member

I have a set of 2009 Vanilla RL’s. Two services – one including replacing the rebound adjust knob inner pin. No problems outside of that. Great small bump performance, stantions in great nick. Have heard these 34’s have issues. Old open bath tech FTW!

Rorschach
    Free Member

wl
    Free Member

He’s got a point tho. Always makes me laugh when folk buy Fox then immediately shell out for pushing/tuning. You’d think a set top-end forks would be right from the box. Brilliant – and problem-free – experiences with 55s and Revelations have turned me off Fox for now. Saved me a pile of cash, too.

Nobby

Oh dear, are we going to get ranty “ride-off” challenges again? 🙄

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fox-forks-poo-poo

Euro
    Free Member

You mean this bit?

Ok **********, I’m a man of my word if you or any one else on here want to prove that I’m talking shit and my riding isn’t up to it to qualify that fox are Shiite then I openly offer a ride off, which will envolve proper mountain bike trails that I would say a descent set of trail forks should be easily left undamaged, fox forks are weak and shite, will you accept my ride off to prove my theory or will you stick to being a keyboard warrior, the choice is yours pal???

😀

I guess no one was man enough to take up the challenge.

fasthaggis

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

What does ‘envolve’ mean?

LoCo
    Free Member

Ok **********, I’m a man of my word if you or any one else on here want to prove that I’m talking shit and my riding isn’t up to it to qualify that fox are Shiite then I openly offer a ride off, which will envolve proper mountain bike trails that I would say a descent set of trail forks should be easily left undamaged, fox forks are weak and shite, will you accept my ride off to prove my theory or will you stick to being a keyboard warrior, the choice is yours pal???

#Texts Elite downhiller who uses Fox forks… 😉

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

That’s mad. 10/10

Here he comes comes.

LoCo your man better be up for it, shit’s about to get real.

pussywillow
    Free Member

😆

chakaping
    Free Member

CTD? 34s?

Thought you were a proper rider Pussy!

micky
    Free Member

Never had any issues over the years with Fox forks. My oldest set are on my winter single speed and are 2002 vanilla’s. They have not been used constantly but are still perfect really. My newest set are 2011 floats. Never had a leak or any sort of wear or failure. I only service every 2 years from new and then every year after that. I’ve not tried anything else as Im totally happy with the Fox forks. Fantastic quality IMO.

wonkey_donkey
    Free Member

They’ve always been gash though. They’re top money and “in my experience” they break.

Hence I’d never buy another pair. Problem solved.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Fox forks = piss poor’ is closed to new replies.