Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Fox float 34 forks
  • chrisdiesel
    Free Member

Just about to treat my self to some fox float 34 forks to replace/upgrade my 150mm factory kash 32 RLC floats, I’ve obviously read about the issues with them and blowing through the travel but has anyone had a set of 2013 forks upgraded to 2014 spec and was it a major improvement or has anyone spent time on the 2014 spec yet?
    The only 2014 reviews I can find are magazine type.
    Thanks for any advise.

JCL
    Free Member

Don’t be silly. Pike!

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

They cannot be that bad???

kimbers

Pike all the way

youd have to be a fool to pay twice the price of a pike for poorer quality and less reliability

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

I just like fox stuff, and to be honest I know nothing about rockshox stuff!!! I know the new ones are very highly rated but which ones are they and what spec? I want 160mm tapered.
    Ta

JCL
    Free Member

Easier to service, easier to tune, longer service interval, stiffer, lighter, less stiction. Get a grip man 🙂

Hadge
    Free Member

I’m selling some lovely Float 34’s that have had the new cartridge fitted. Yes they did have their problems but they’re sorted now. Mine are tapered steerer too so if your interested drop me an email or have a look in the classifieds at them.
    I like Fox forks and they do look the part. Never had any issues with my 32’s and 36’s. Fox aren’t the only manufacturer who’s had issues with a new product either and Rock Shox have made a few turkeys in the past too so lets not forget that.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Chris YGM re pikes mate

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

Hadge: I looked at yours pal but your steerer is 192mm I need 210mm thanks

rob-jackson
    Free Member

chris check your email

proutster
    Free Member

I’ve just been out for a shakedown ride on my brand new Giant Reign – before I even rode it
    I replaced the 150mm Revelations with a set of Pike RCT3 Dual Position Airs (160/130mm) and I agree with everything said above, they are superb.

Mine were less than £600, brand spanking new, from bike-discount.de – compared to over £1148 from the same place for Fox 34 Talas!!

Up to you what you buy…….

messiah
    Free Member

Having read the poor reviews of the Fox 34 forks I had an idea ❗ I could buy a set secondhand as they are bound to be available cheap, fit an Avalanche downhill racing cartridge and have an utterly brilliant fork (I have the Avy damper in a 36 and a 55 and they are brilliant… but my 36 is a little old in the tooth). The problem with this is that despite the poor reputation of the 2013 34 fork they are not available that cheap, and the Pike fork is generaly available for less… its kind of hard to justify buying anything other than the Pike at the moment 😐

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Fox float 34 forks’ is closed to new replies.