Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Forks for a 5 Spot? Thinking about Revelations 150mm
  • yoshimi

Anyone have experience of these? On One are doing the Team version u-turn 150-110mm with Maxle for about £420.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

DW link? People are putting anything from pikes, revelations, lyrics and fox 36's on them.

My buddie seems to be happy with the team revs on his.

yoshimi

yep, DW – I'd seen a few with lyriks and 36's on them – wouldn't mind some lyrik coil u-turns but just too heavy and the fox 36's must be a bit cumbersome with 160mm travel 100% of the time.

tony24
    Free Member

got a set of the 150 revs on the way to me now for my full sus can tell you what the like if you want.

Pretty sure there be fine with a 20mm maxle they will certainly be stiff enough for the job and they love trail riding .

yoshimi

tony, where did you get those?

Vortexracing

Bought exactly the same fork for my Ventana a few months ago, very impressed with it, so much so I bought another set from On-one at £420 and they are going on the new Soul.

If you want to borrow a set for a bit to try on your spot, your more than welcome.

they will be going on my 5 spot. 😆

Came down the ice cream run yesterday, with the new ones on the Ventana and I must say they are very good, very controlled and just as stiff as the Pikes I had.

Let me know if you want to borrow a set to try.

tony24
    Free Member

got them from on – one 😀

z1ppy

Got a set of 140mm U-Turn Team Rev's on my Prophet and there a revelat… oh dear. Really impressed with them, wasn't sure straight out of the box that the Black Box damping was worth it over std Motion Control, but now am wondering about replaceing my other bike std Reba's with BB ones (mmmMM Team 120 maxle)…
    Where-as the STD motion control is great it does tend to get a bit confused in the end (I was happy with it until I got these), the BB just keep saying 'bring it on'.
    I replaced a Lefty with mine, and boy lefty's are stiff (axle wise), kinda obviously, but the 20mm Maxle is just as good.
    I don't go 'big' enough to make Pikes worth while for me, so the Rev's were a great choice, as stiff as my old Lefty but the damping actually works & a similar weight.. I throughly recommend them

yoshimi

Chers Vortex, think I'm just about to order some – used to have some pike air 454's and they were without doubt the best forks I've ever owened – I'm hoping these are goping to be similar but lighter with slightly more travel. Then agian the lyriks do look sweet on 5 spots, I just dont like the idea of sticking another 2lbs of weight on though!

Vortexracing

The BB damping on either the Revs or the Rebas is as good as the Push damping TFT fits, very controlled even when you keep hitting baby head sized rocks over and over again, keeps the bike very stable and settled.

yoshimi

cheers zippy, glad to see you're happy with them:)

yoshimi

<runs off to on-one website>

tony24
    Free Member

i think you will love the revelations mate i have had them on a long travel hardtail frame and i loved them.

only reason i sold them was because they were QR but they still did not feel flexxy then felt like pretty much point and shoot 😀

Vortexracing

Got some Lyriks if you want them, 😉 but i'm with you 1.5lbs – 2lbs is a lot of weight and to be honest for the riding I do the revs are more than enough.

There is a set here if you want to 'try before you buy', just ask.

yoshimi

Vortex – thanks for the offer, but it's too late – order has been placed and Revelation Team U-turn Maxle 150mm are on their way from on-one! Hopefully both the frame and forks will show up tomorrow and I can get it built up tomorrow night 😀 😀 😀

Vortexracing

did you get that 2nd hand frame?

you lucky sod 😆

yoshimi

yes – did a deal with that guy – just hope it turns up with no problems 😯

Vortexracing

just to wet your appetite

neil853
    Free Member

thats not yours dave is it????

yoshimi

Excellent!

stanley

150mm Team Revs, with 20mm maxle on my DW Spot.
    Perfect for it 🙂
    I wouldn't bother with the U-turn version…… The DW suspension doesn't squat down on climbs, so there isn't so much need to lower the front. Lighter and less to go wrong too. And some people claim that the U-turn version isn't as 'nice'.

EDIT………….. sorry, just noticed you have already ordered them !
    Sure they will be superb, you will love the bike… ACE 🙂

tony24
    Free Member

For the price on-one are selling them for the u-turn in included for nowt lol

Vortexracing

thats not yours dave is it????

no, not quite

I need a bent TT because of my ickle legs, and I do like metallic red as well.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Forks for a 5 Spot? Thinking about Revelations 150mm’ is closed to new replies.