Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Ford Escape – putting 2 bike bags plus luggage in the back?
  • agentdagnamit
    Free Member

I’ve hired a Ford Escape for a trip around Utah. We’re taking our own bike bags (standard size) and usual luggage. Does any one have experience of this car and how much you can get in the back?

Just 2 of us, no kids or hitchers.

fenred
    Free Member

I used to have a Mk2 Maverick (euro version of the Escape) with the back seats folded you’ll easily get 2 bikes (front wheels out so bike bags should be no prob)/Kit/other luggage in. Loads of room inside…My ex-wife got custody of my Mav when we divorced….I missed that little truck more than I did her 😳 I’m assuming they’ve only made them larger on interior space on recent models.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Thanks. Alamo just emailed to say I was going to need a bigger car, but that was a UK office, so I’ll take a chance

Stu_N

Yep, will be fine.

Got 2 bikes, 2 bags and 2 people in a Chevy Equinox no problem at all – escape and equinox are alternatives in standard SUV list. Next size up is massive, sort of Audi Q7 or Disco size.

Ideally you’d get a truck though – next time we are getting a Ford F150 🙂

PeteT

I’d go the next size up personally.

We had a Nissan Xterra, which is a ‘standard’ a SUV, so should be a bit bigger. We found two bike bags plus luggage was pretty tight. If you’re not bothered about obscuring visibility out the back a smaller one would be ok.

PeteT

BTW the new Ford Escape is just a Ford Kuga with a different badge. so you could go down to your Ford dealership and take a look if you’re unsure.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Ford Escape – putting 2 bike bags plus luggage in the back?’ is closed to new replies.