Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 210 total)
  • Fit Club: the hundred push ups training program
  • miketually
    Free Member

Good going rhysboy1!

I can’t work out why I’m so bad at pressups.

Riofer
    Free Member

I’m a johnny come lately to this. Just done the first test tonight and managed 26 – So I start on week 3 on Friday!

dobo
    Free Member

not happy, this is the 2nd day where i got weaker/less pressups, i have a feeling i’m a little dehydrated due to the silly hot weather..

Jamie
    Free Member

I am just getting used to repeating weeks. So 6 weeks is going to be 12 probably…the plus point is there is no negatives from failing. Your still doing as many push ups as you can until failure so its all healthy stuff.

jimmy

just finished week 4, albeit not to the schedule. I just can’t do the recommended minimum at the end of each set…

Rich
    Free Member

God I only done it 3 times then forgot all about it, that was weeks ago!

miketually
    Free Member

Just finished week 2. Just managed the 8 for the final set.

compositepro
    Free Member

everytime i see this it er reminds me to do some

i think most so far is 60 ish including the improper shag pile crapet shagging type ones

rhysboy1
    Free Member

Yesterday I tried week 5 day 3 – I couldn’t manage the 30 in set 8 (only 20). I’m going to do the exhaustion test tomorrow and probably repeat week 5 again.

Keva
    Free Member

how is this affecting your cycling for those doing all these press ups, knackered arms or stronger ? better at pulling the bike around, climbing and downhilling ?

curious to know.

Kev

stuartie_c
    Free Member

EPIC FAIL!

Started week 5 after managing 40 on my exhaustion test after week 4.

W5, D1 sets are 28,35,25,22,35+ with 60 sec rests, but I knew I was in trouble in set 2. Only got as far as 18 on set 3 before my arms gave out completely. I am weak…

I’ll try again on Monday, but I’ve got the feeling week 5 might take some time.

jimmy

if you fail a weak do you just repeat until you’ve done it? Or just days that you fail on?

Thats sounds like an off-day to me, Stu once you’ve got that far in the series…

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Could be an off day Jim – been feeling a bit wabbit for the last couple of days.

If I fail a day I just repeat it until I succeed then move on, so each “week” is taking a bit longer than the chronological time span.

rhysboy1
    Free Member

Week 5 is a tough one – it’s the last set that’s the killer – my arms are normally completely knackered by then and I can’t manage the max.

willard

Just started the program after downloading the iPhone apps for both the 100 pressups and 200 situp. I’ll be doing the pressups in the morning and the situps in the evening.

Start on week… Don’t know, but the evaluation for pressups was 40, so not too shabby. Unfortunately, I could only do 40 situps as well, so I think I have a long way to go with that one.

Really quite looking forward to it. Strange that.

rockitman

God I’m awful at this.

In the test I could only do 2. How bad is that? 2 press ups. Truly Awful.

Have just done week 1 and struggled to do minimum 5.

Getting better though, 5 much better than 2!

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Another fail, but not as bad as the last one.

Managed 28,35,25,22 and 18 before failure. Last set should have been 35+

Been feeling a bit ropey the last few days, but I'm determined to get week 5 done before I head off for the Transalp next Tuesday.

Next attempt at day 1 on Friday – watch this space…

dobo
    Free Member

i'm still faffing about on week 4 day 2. today i managed 25,29,25,25,38 but i did have a fair bit more rest for last set.

i'm wondering if i should stay on this day until i can get the rest time down or proceed to next day. what is more benifical to my progress?, higher reps with more rest or lower reps with less rest? hmmm?

pullups still going well, slow but steady progress

rockitman

This is ace. I love how stuartie_c is considering week 4 a fail and I am overjoyed as I completed week 2 day 1 last night.

Out of interest, which muscles does a push up use? I am either:

a) obviously very weak in this area
    or
    b) I have average size muscles in this area but my 6ft 6' 18st frame is considerably heavier to lift than most!

Keva
    Free Member

so…. anyone noticed any improvement in their off road cycling from doing all these press ups ?

Kev

scruff
    Free Member

I've just started week (weak) 2. Cant say I've noticed any difference but my arms even felt shakey/heavy to lift when brushing my teeth this morning FFS.

scruff
    Free Member

Oh, and refitting tubeless tyres with a track pump before doing your pressups counts as double training IMO.

miketually
    Free Member

My shoulders were aching after a long ride on Sunday, so I've not started week 3 as I should have.

dobo
    Free Member

Keva – Member
    so…. anyone noticed any improvement in their off road cycling from doing all these press ups ?
    Kev

There is no question that my upper body is stronger than before, its also worth mentioning that my midsection is a lot firmer stronger and without doing a single situp! i've also been doing the pullups.

Now this all sounds great but i havnt noticed it making me any faster on the bike… The good bike news is that due to my core strength improving i do believe i'm able to maintain a better low forward position when climbing enabling me to concentrate on the legs without any stability/fatigue issues.
    I also did not crash at "ayte army enduro" which is a mirical and also felt less fatigued than usual which these exercises may have helped with.
    I really havnt noticed any improvement downhill.

I have been more tired though and have ended up cycling less, but i'm happy so far with no major negative effects, all a bit subjective though

jimmy

i think the difference will beincremental so not noticable until one day you'll bomb down something bobbing and weaving and pumping and get to the bottom feeling like he-man. Thats what I hope anyway.

Still trying end of week 4 (I think). 29-33-29-29->40. Can't make the forty, although got one 23 to 30. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Riofer
    Free Member

I'm starting on week 4 tonight and not looking forward to it.

I've found my arms feeling a bit weak after weach session and I'm glad I've had the weekend to recover from day 3 week 3.

Jamie
    Free Member

I kinda lost my way with this so starting again tomorrow. Got the iphone app as well so no excuses to do it regular :mrgreen:

jimmy

who's still going? I lapsed for a week and still can't get the minimum 40 after 29-33-29-29. Trying again today. And I'm going to do the 200 situps, too.

fingerbike
    Free Member

I'm in a loop, on week 3 column 3, reach day 3, and still struggle to get the 30 pressups done, can do about 25 but no more… too many 3's for me maybe, i'm going to try working through week three next week for the third time now…

willard

Just finished week 3 and I can safely say that my arms did not want to do any more on the last set of day 3. I try to do a few more than the minimum, but had just nothing left for extras.

That means it's working yes?

jimmy

I've managed the 29-33-29-29-40+ twice now.

It IS working! I don't yet look like the adonis it promised though 🙁

willard

Maybe it meant you would look like Lord Adonis.

Riofer
    Free Member

I start week 5 tomorrow – from reading the posts above I think it will take more than the week to get through it though. So far I've noticed a firming of the upper body – sadly not had a chance to ride recently to no idea if it will help with that.

rhysboy1
    Free Member

I've stalled on week 5 – can't manage the 45 press ups neccesary to progress to week 6.

TenMen
    Free Member

Has anyone managed to complete this? I'm going to try it, but am wondering what your collective experiences have been so far…

Danny79
    Free Member

I've been doing this for a while now took 1 repeat to do week 3 column 3, 3 repeats to manage week 4 column 3, doing 1st repeat of week 5 column 3, I didn't bother with exhaustion test as I'd not managed to complete last set each day. I'll be repeating 5 again next week…

Do it right after my hilly 10km commute, good workout but the full 100 still a fair way off.

finbar
    Free Member

Is it even remotely possible to progress through the six weeks in, well, six weeks? I've been stuck on week three for a fortnight, and i can't see my rate of improvement speeding up.

JCornford

I was looking at starting this but have been avoiding it because of my knee injury and being worried that hyper extension/giving way might happen, but I might give it a go any way and see what happens. I tried the sit up one, but did 200 in my test so I guess there's not point.

Jamie
    Free Member

I am currently looping week 3….always fall a couple short on the last set on day 2.

jimmy

i have lapsed. been feeling rubbish and tired from work recently so probably back to square 1. determined to complete it one day, though.

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 210 total)

The topic ‘Fit Club: the hundred push ups training program’ is closed to new replies.