Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Fishy Fingers
  • cfinnimore
    Free Member

This should be good…

Fairy, anti-bac bathroom scoosher, Swarfega gel and abrasive-orange-industrial-shite have so far failed to remove the lingering aroma of the 10 sides of smoked haddock I deboned tonight after an epic Tesco Fishmonger Yellow Sticker assault.

Fishmongers and nightcrawlers, assistance please!

SamCooke
    Free Member

Lemon juice

Kato

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Thanks.

Kato, that lesson was learned and forgotten.

Now remembered and stored once more.

There’s hundreds of pairs of Vinyl gloves knocking about the house, I was in a fishy frenzy.

I don’t have a lemon, but have plenty of lime’s so we’ll see what happens there.

I feel like a div. A fishy div.

mboy
    Free Member

I was about to say “salt and vinegar of course” in jest.

But actually, if you’ve not got a lemon, vinegar would also work quite well…

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Limes kind of did it, but so did the GT85 from midnight fettling.

Just splashed a bit of vinegar on before I have a shot on any other condiments on the go.

I’ll be sure to wrap up well before the frying session tomor’tday.

chewkw
    Free Member

LOL! So you never gutted a fish in your life before?

Very easy … just use your coins. Forget about detergent, washing liquid etc … they don’t work.

Rub your hands and fingers with the 2 pence copper coins or all the coins you have for a while and the smell will be gone.

Simple.

🙂

cfinnimore
    Free Member

I’ve gutted and prepped and de-boned and cooked but I was just a silly ninny and bashed on with it while having a natter with a tattie-peeling missus C and here we are…

Thanks chewkw. Any ideas behind the science? That worked bloody wonders.

chewkw
    Free Member

cfinnimore – Member

Thanks chewkw. Any ideas behind the science? That worked bloody wonders.

Must be some sort of chemical reaction but no ideas how it works.

Also if you go to the kitchen section of the departmental store you will find that sometimes they do sell a metal piece (about size of small stone but hollow inside £2 – £4 or check out Lakeland) as odour easer or something like that. So you either get one of that or simply use some copper coins. The latter is more effective while the former is rather pleasing to look at. 😆

Reluctant
    Free Member

“Hey, man, smell my finger” is the greatest album title of all time. Is that on topic? 😆

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Fishy Fingers’ is closed to new replies.