Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • First time FS advice
  • Mounty_73

I am looking at getting my first FS bike…I have been riding HT all my life, currently riding a stumpy, nice and light and has been great at building up the fitness and miles.

Now I am on the market for a new bike and I am thinking FS, looking for something trail/all mountain based rather than XC orientated…

Budget up to 2K and nothing too heavy… 😉

The only one's I have really looked at at the moment are the Lapierre zesty range in my LBS and the Giant Anthems.

Any others worth looking at ?

Cheers

Dino
    Free Member

are u looking new or second hand?
    Take it you want something around the 26lbs to 30lbs mark
    as u don't want owt too heavy?

stumpy01

New Stumpjumper Elite? Despite the problems MBR are having with theirs, i am loving mine. It's just over £2k but my LBS were quite happy to discount it to a fair way below £2k.

Mounty_73

New and yes ideally well under 30lbs….

z1ppy

wouldn't say the Anthem is trail/all mtn… but hey ho it's no bad thing to test as many bike as possible.

Anyways.. Orange 5, Trek EX 8, Giant TranceX, Marin Mount Vision, Speicialized Enduro/Pitch for a start…

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

As for Giants, I'd be looking at a TranceX or Reign rather than an Anthem.
    Taking your time and test riding is helpful IMO.

Mounty_73

I am sure they are great bikes but the ornage 5's just seem a little expensive compared to other bikes and kit…

I have just been reading about the Trek EX8, looks good, I just want to try out a few bikes as I am new to FS.

Mounty_73

Yeah I was looking at the Anthems as a FS bike, but I could see it was a little more XC/shorter travel, but I wanted something with a bit more travel…

ltheisinger
    Free Member

Santa Cruz Heckler?

cbrsyd
    Free Member

Pauls still have 2009 Giant Trance x3's here

http://www.paulscycles.co.uk/products.php?plid=m1b4s1p2271&tbv=GIANT_TRANCE_X3_Mountain_Bikes_Full_Suspension

Cracking deal at £1100, great to ride and MBR just gave the lower speck 2010 X4 10 out of 10 and it costs £1K.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘First time FS advice’ is closed to new replies.