Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • First night ride
  • simonk
    Free Member

Just got home from my first night ride in over 5 years (finishing at 2pm each day has it's advantages) was just a simple trail ride but felt great to be out, forgotten just how much fun they are especially at this time of year, charging my lights for another run tomorrow maybe hehe.

Sorry bouncing around like a kid, please move along 😀

will
    Free Member

Great isn't it! So different to the day, trails you know like the back of your hand in the light because different/interesting/silly at night!

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Was only expecting to be out until dusk last night so only took headlight. After a crap day at work stayed out and ended up taking on my first set of steps in the woods and having a generally fantastic time. Being passed by owls is pretty cool too.
    Great stuff night riding.

RealMan
    Free Member

Its not even 8:30!! Call that a night ride? 😀

BluePalomino
    Free Member

i get shit scared cycling alone in the woods at night. I admit it. Anyone else??

Junkyard
    Free Member

i was out last night it was wet windy and foggy. Could see **** all and some what worryingly I loved every second of it 😯

Bikebreaker
    Free Member

First time ever for me last night. Thought it was fantastic. I'm looking forward to next Wednesday night more than Sunday morning. I had the light set up on the helmet and the fine rain was like riding into a snow storm.
    Came back throught the woods making noises like an owl, very childish. 😛

Chris-S
    Free Member

I only manage to nightride 4 times a week…………………………………. is that normal ?? 🙄

bassspine
    Free Member

first night ride of the season is like the first cup of tea of the day. The best 😉

clunker

A pub visit on the way home is always nice too.

lowey

Had a cracker tonight. We had Rivi to ourselves! Never saw another soul all night. Brilliant.

Pook

i was out tonight. Deer terrified me, the blair witch was behind me all the way round, and my lights are insufficient…..

loved it though

rOcKeTdOg

might lights failed 3/4 of the way into the ride, i had to piggy back my buddies 'glow' it's like chasing ur own shadow, very weird, thankfully he didn't fall off as i was very close behind him!

snowslave

What's this about "the season" for night riding? Isn't it always the season for night riding? Anyhow, we saw killer frogs on the beast.

dobo
    Free Member

i cycle solo at night but damn i got shitted up last night, i thought something was stalking me!! i could here it now and then always real close behind…

turns out i was right… it was my camelbak! why does the dark play tricks on your mind…

Smudger666

heh

you think you were scared….just got a Dx light and tried it out tonight…

This is where I ride….

Crapped myself out a couple of times, saw deer eyes in the woods at one point – well i think they were Deer!!

Note to self: find riding buddy quick 🙂

nickc

Night riding season? The longer days are just an excuse to ride for longer in the evening. Had a beauty last night, dry trails, temperature was nice, had all the footpaths to ourselves. Ace

deluded
    Free Member

Wednesday I went out on my second group night ride around Leigh Woods and Aston Court. Fantastic, enjoyed it immensely. When I parked my car on North Road I was surprised at the large number of MTB’ers out for the evening and I know it sounds a bit naff but there was a really good community vibe type thing going on. What was a little weird is I’ve ridden the trails in LW for years and during the ride got totally lost until I hit an obviously recognisable section of trail (which was dusty). The bonus was a pint of Black Rat at the end of the evening.

radoggair
    Free Member

ho hum, went out riding inners at 12 midday on Tuesday, finished at 6ish and since i brilliantly brought my lights thought i'd try them out on my first off road night ride of the year over at Glen T. Anyway, 2 hours later and 7.5 hr of riding later driving home thinking perfect day

Though, defo will be buying a head torch, not seeing round corners is weird

pault41
    Free Member

with ref to beasts of the night "THE BEAST OF BONT (PONTRYDEFENDIGAID) WEST WALES . TEIFFI POOLS AREA N WOODS BEYOND STRATA-FLORIDA WERE EXCELLENT ALTHOUGH NOT DONE FOR A FEW YEARS NOW.
    Me thinks return is due ,any takers ?

shortcut

I saw two Badgers and a Deer last night. Tis great fun, especially in a group because it is a lot less scary.

I tend to get out twice a week, Tuesday and Thursday. – All good fun. Especially with my new helmet light made by Four4th. It makes a huge difference, I am now on the top rung in Lightwars as I can create a shadow for almost anyone but very few can do it to me! 😆

montylikesbeer

Out with Graham g last night round rossendale, fantastic ride up to the point when I came clattering off on the last down hill.

Knee like a balloon this morning but a smile on my face as wide as a don't know what.

Off to get my rear mech sorted out and a new front tyre (mountain kings are "Jack Wright"), oh and some knee pads.

Hats off for your first night ride simonk

malchales
    Free Member

i`m doing D2D my 1st night ride/race…………… using maxxd wish me luck.

Pook

nothing quite like a solo night ride to get the mind racing. All the way round Sherwood Pines tonight the Blair Witch was just behind me. I don't know how she managed to keep up all the way round!
    Cracking riding though. One off on one of the stupid off camber corners though, nothing to do with the lights.
    I was lucky enough to spot the deer as well. Up ahead I though three riders had crossed the path ahead of me, but when I got to the crossing point, there was no other path. Over to the left I could hear the deer crunching through the undergrowth and caught their eyes in my lights.

Great riding. Played a bit of relay with a couple of other riders too. Hope they got the puncture fixed before the blair witch got them…

freeform5spot
    Free Member

Winn Hill in thick cloud and rain. Covered in mud, 10pm.
    Happiest I have been in yonks!

2nd annual Snowdon night ride is on 10th October – that will be very good!

EdwardH

5am starts for me at the mo, finish feeding the wee fella, on with the bike kit and up into the hills at the back of town, back home to the dawn chorus and breakfast. Great fun 🙂

grumm
    Free Member

i was out last night it was wet windy and foggy. Could see **** all and some what worryingly I loved every second of it

Even when I stole your lights? 🙂

Yeah was great fun – can't wait for my bastid to arrive.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘First night ride’ is closed to new replies.