Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • First AQR Skills Day – Sunday
  • StuF

I'm off on my first skills day at the pines on sunday – anyone else going?

What should I expect?

I'm looking forward to it – mainly to go riding for the day having obtained the pass out whilst my better half looks after the kids and the hope that I might improve my dodgy technique.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

quick assessment on a singletrack loop, split into 2 gropus. Climbing, then cornering (or other way round)
    drops/downhills

ride done

DaveGr
    Free Member

They're really good. Done both days and they manage to give you personal tuition to improve your riding even though the group is riding the same terrain, if that makes sense. I learnt loads about how I could be riding better. Just have to put it all together in one coherent riding style !!!

Mugboo

very good tutors, most people will get something good out of the day. even if your a riding god you'll learn how to teach beginners.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Reet good.

I'd been riding, what 10, 12 years. The day I spent with them pointing out a few basic bad habits of mine improved my riding more than I would have thought possible.

Paul & Jon really are top guys.

Riofer
    Free Member

Let us know how you get on. I've been looking at the dates later in the year.

Riofer
    Free Member

Let us know how you get on. I've been looking at the dates later in the year.

StuF

Will do.

mrsflash
    Free Member

A friend has just emailed to ask about booking us on the advanced course on Sunday, so I may see you there 🙂

Digby

Can't recommend them enough! I've done both days as well and the missus has done the first day twice (if that makes sense)

My riding came on leaps and bounds (and litle bunnyhops) as a result – Paul & Jon are great and spend 1-2-1 time with everyone in the group.

StuF

Excellent, the guys were really friendly and able to sort out my dodgy cornering technique. I felt as though they gave great advice and made it easy to copy (apart from the bunny hop – but that was me) what they were trying to teach us.

Now just got to find the time to go and do day 2.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘First AQR Skills Day – Sunday’ is closed to new replies.