Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Films you can't decide
  • Solo
    Free Member

Whether they were really good, or really not good.
    Here’s two:

33tango

Shaving Ryans Privates . Not historically accurate and ropey dialogue but some great action scenes.

dknwhy

Lost in Translation.

DezB
    Free Member

Drive.

Decided not

Solo
    Free Member

So is that ^^ they are good, not good, or still undecided?

Edit:
    Ah, DezB, right’O

RustySpanner

The Imitation Game.

Liked it at the time, felt a bit daft for doing so after the shine had worn off.

ahwiles
    Free Member

Bladerunner.

god it’s dull, but it must have been mind-blowing when it was released, but god it’s dull, etc.

(it goes on for about a fortnight, and most of that is a close up on Harrison Ford as he looks out of the window)

Solo
    Free Member

(it goes on for about a fortnight, and most of that is a close up on Harrison Ford as he looks out of the window)
    😆 I’ve never read/heard it described like that before. Very good. Oh, I mean, very bad, I’m guessing?

dknwhy

@Solo re: Lost in Translation. I decided I liked it in the end but my mate hated it.
    Nothing really happens in the film but it’s focused around the connection between two people. I related to the characters a bit so I guess that made me connect with the film.

flyingmonkeycorps

The Fountain. It’s either one of the best or worst films I’ve ever seen, but I don’t know which.

zilog6128

Southland Tales. I’m genuinely not sure whether it’s a work of a genius which largely goes over my head or just a massive load of pretentious shit. And I’ve never met anyone else who’s seen it so I can’t talk about it to help me decide! I do really like it though!

Junkyard
    Free Member

very few films or books are worth watching/reading again

Thelma and Louise loved it but bored second time round but you know waht is going to happen

Bladerunner i like it when he exist the flying car to make a phone call as a mobile was just too absurd for the future but the flying car a given,

I liked . well mates brother used to make us watch it after the pub so I like it but not sure i would laugh now if it was on.

Independence Day

Was it just a great piece of satire the Independence day speech for example or was it serious ?

If the former brilliant if the later oh FFS.

Solo
    Free Member

flyingmonkeycorps – Member

The Fountain. It’s either one of the best or worst films I’ve ever seen, but I don’t know which.
    I’m that way with the Blues Brothers, just can’t decide. It’s either a work of genius or it’s poo.
    I can’t tell.

lemonysam
    Free Member

It’s one of the worst, hope that helps.

zilog6128

I’m that way with the Blues Brothers, just can’t decide. It’s either a work of genius or it’s poo.

Certainly not perfect but definitely genius! So many inspired moments.

jekkyl

The Fifth Element.

Solo
    Free Member

jekkyl – Member

The Fifth Element.

The Ex, loved that film. She must have played the disc until you could practically through it (not the hole in the middle).

dknwhy

Locke – definitely not good. Nice that Croydon gets a mention in it though. 90 minutes about concrete did my head in…

IdleJon

Donnie Darko.

debaser

+1 for Southland Tales

It’s a spectacular epic shambles of a film, but I couldn’t tear myself away from it. Ended up watching it again the day after I first watched it and will have to revisit it again sometime. Some great ideas, interesting casting and performances, but lots of it is just really awkward. I can see why it got critically panned, but I enjoyed it.

Solo
    Free Member

IdleJon – Member

Donnie Darko.
    Is that a Yay, a Nay or undecided?

IdleJon

IdleJon – Member

Donnie Darko.
    Is that a Yay, a Nay or undecided?

Ha, where did the rest of that go? After watching it, I thought it was really good. Then I realised that the plot had been dreamed up by a bored 14 year old. Nay!

jon1973
    Free Member

road house

_tom_
    Free Member

Caddyshack is brilliant you heathen.

Solo
    Free Member

_tom_ – Member

Caddyshack is brilliant you heathen.
    😆 Ok, I’m not sure I was dishing it. It certainly made me laugh, in places.

dknwhy

jon1973 – Member
    road house

It’s an epic film, only bettered by the Family Guy scenes.

tinribz
    Free Member

Predestination.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

The Hobbit Trilogy. Three films of rubbish that should never have happened and show that Peter Jackson is a self obsessed twerp.

Northwind

Some of you seem quite decided.

The Babadook. Honestly no idea if I liked it or not. I think it’s quite good, in that it does what it’s supposed to. And I definitely like the ending.

Still can’t decide if the Fast and Furious films are shittily enjoyable or enjoyably shit. Except Tokyo Drift, it’s just good.

fasthaggis

Inherent Vice

Saw it last night and came out feeling a bit stoned and confused.
    I think I may have started channeling Joaquin Phoenix’s character

Under the Skin .
    Was really looking forward to it(from the trailers and hype) then couldn’t get it.

lazybike
    Free Member

Only God Forgives…No, definitely rubbish.

winston
    Free Member

Vanilla Sky – great film buuuut it had Tom Cruise in it so was it great?

Shawshank Redemption – thought it was brilliant all the way through then there was the awful ending which almost destroyed the film, or did destroy the film, can’t decide….

Citizen Kane – Boring, but well acted, booooooring but soooo well acted etc

Solo
    Free Member

Still can’t decide if the Fast and Furious films are shittily enjoyable or enjoyably shit. Except Tokyo Drift, it’s just good.

I might say the same about Top Gun. Ultimately, not good unless you count being that bad, as a kind of good, some, how…

Goodfellas!
    Both good & not good. Liked what seems to be the attention to details, with regard to the clothes, furnishings & the cars of the time, the costumes and the sets I suppose. But the story is a bit silly, imo.

Solo
    Free Member

Ooo, ooo! SSR! Totally brilliant film. It’s on the all time good list.

Edit:
    Ripley’s game. Mostly undecided, leaning towards good if for no other reason than Malkovic.

twang
    Free Member

Lego movie. Bonkers and/or good? I just don’t know…

Solo
    Free Member

twang – Member
    Lego movie

WTH? I must be sooo behind. Never heard of it/them.
    How many Lego films have I “missed” ?

jimjam
    Free Member

Northwind

Yes yes YES! Tokyo Drift is so brilliant because it’s beyond cliche, I don’t know what that means but it’s as if they knew when they were making it that it was the most hilariously derivative formulaic dross and they just decided to run with it. The result is perfect brain off, popcorn cinema. The others are just that little bit more serious, or less self aware and maybe aren’t such a guilty pleasure.

I still enjoy them for what they are.

joolsburger
    Free Member

The Riddick trilogy I’m erring on the side of good but there are some very odd moments.

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Films you can't decide’ is closed to new replies.