Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 161 total)
  • FFS Matching family T-shirts for holiday. Kill me now.
  • ossify

Years ago, my wife’s grandparents gave up smoking and saved the money instead. One year later they’d saved enough to take the whole family to Disneyland (thankfully before my time 😁)

You should take up smoking.

Rich_s

It is the one that goes to Zeebrugge? Just to Zeebrugge?

**** yes.

Er, he’s sailing for a few days out of Southampton

#stalker 😀

**** My Life.

Rich_s

Seriously, I was less embarrassed when I posted a thread about shaving my bollocks before a vasectomy.

maccruiskeen

All I can think of is the Pussay Patrol from The Inbetweeners.

Do it and insist that yours is printed with ‘or can be personalised’

Actually this one gives me an idea for an STW Forumites tshirt

Rubber_Buccaneer

I posted a thread about shaving my bollocks before a vasectomy

If you’d had that vasectomy sooner you wouldn’t be in this mess 😀

I’m assuming this is a holiday for the kids

#stalker

Not dedicated enough to follow you onto that **** boat!

easily
    Free Member

Rich, I don’t understand why you agreed to any of this.
    Family holiday: Um, maybe … but probably no
    Disney: No
    Disney Cruise: No
    Southampton: No
    They’re taking the piss now, just seeing whatever else you’ll agree to. After the t shirts it will be something else.

slowoldman

Don’t forget your Dryrobes.

winston
    Free Member

I’m actually quite a selfless individual. I tend to always think of others, especially my family before myself to my detriment sometimes. I’m a big fan of giving something a go even if you think it will be rubbish as 9 times out of 10 you get something out of it and making others happy can be a big win in itself.

There is absolutely NO WAY I would go on that cruise…..or any cruise, no matter how many people it upset!!!!

(I’d probably get new inlaws too)

martinhutch

At least you’ve got the shore trip to look forward to.

Kramer
    Free Member

There was one day on my last mountain biking holiday where myself and the 16 year old  lad who was out there with his day ended up in matching outfits. I felt that I had reached peak fleek. He was not so sure.

A Disney cruise wouldn’t be my first choice, but I’m sure the kids will love it.

Matching T-shirts are just too twee.

grahamt1980

Don’t forget your Dryrobes

Dear God, as if the cruise wasn’t enough …….

wbo
    Free Member

What’s planned to go on? Family name ?

As long as it’s T-shirts and not polo’s you’re OK. Or at least it could be worst – the McDonalds 🙂

mjsmke

I’d say “Not Going” before they finish saying “Disney”. I’m not 5.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Definitely subvert the genre.

Take a picture of yourself looking annoyed you’re wearing the family t-shirt and make that the picture on your t-shirt.

Like that whole Ryan Gosling, Macaulay Culkin T-shirt thing..

stwhannah

Step up the game. Go for matching Dryrobes.

I hereby formally request a daily diary from this cruise.

soundninjauk

Last year my dear wife’s granny tried to suggest we all go on a cruise together. I’d automatically replied ‘no’ before I’d really finished processing the sentence, which was apparently a bit rude.

Didn’t have to go on a cruise though.

Rich_s

Don’t forget your Dryrobes.

Step up the game. Go for matching Dryrobes.

Do ya know what, I’m seriously tempted to suggest it…

Probably need it given the **** horrible weather in the **** English Channel in summer.

I did mention that Hull ferries go to Zeebrugge for much cheaper. But apparently I should “shut up”.

convert

Ok. Back on topic. I’d be working to subvert the calm of all your fellow passengers with a bit of phobia of being at sea.

Maybe a nice image of the lass from Frozen with a random number next to them. So when asked you can explain its how long they could expect before hypothermia and death? Every family member gets a different character and number with the kids and oldies lasting the least and some comforting message about if you’re a biffer you’ll be tip top for hours. It’ll go well with the dryrobes. Every stupid Disney character gets in the sea – what’s not to like.

yoc4suietdn51

longdog
    Free Member

When my wife and son went to Euro Disney I went to Greenland. Everyone had a great holiday and no daft t-shirts were involved .

Not a chance I’d go to Disney ever, even if it was paid for,and definitely not with my my in-laws 🤣

nickc

Christ I’m imagining something like one of those Disney Stores you find in Malls, but on a Gigantic scale, and rolling from side to side…As if the assault of primary colours isn’t enough for the battered senses already.

TBH though once there’s enough sick down the front of it, folks won’t notice that you’re all wearing the same colour tee-shirts

soundninjauk

Ok. Back on topic. I’d be working to subvert the calm of all your fellow passengers with a bit of phobia of being at sea.

I like this train of thought.

Rich_s

Isn’t Titanic a Disney film? Oh lordy.

gif

Drac

It is the one that goes to Zeebrugge? Just to Zeebrugge?

No, that one stopped not long after that. It may have been a better outcome for the OP though.

nwgiles

please please please resurrect this thread on your return and share a photo for us

Gunz
    Free Member

You’re going on a Disney cruise with your in-laws?

Nelson

donald
    Free Member

Show some class…

Cougar

I did the Disney et al parks, what, ten years ago maybe. Matching clothing was plague-level endemic. Dr Seuss was particularly popular, Thing #1 and Thing #2 and so forth. That and the International Queuing Teams were putting in a fine attendance, gangs of maybe 30 identikit clone kids and a couple of excessively cheerful yet strangely desperate adults, all dressed identically.

I’d refuse. A little part of me dies inside when I see twins dressed identically under normal circumstances, let alone grown-ass adults doing it. Let people be individuals for gods sake. Nothing says Prescribed Fun quite like putting on a uniform. Do they ring a bell when Funtime is over or is it just the whistle? Shit like this makes me want to make a start on having a drink problem.

Drac

IMG_0983

soundninjauk

Show some class…

What EDC knife for Disney cruises and buttering croissants?

Cougar

Like that whole Ryan Gosling, Macaulay Culkin T-shirt thing..

That’s the greatest thing I’ve ever seen on the Internet, today.

Cougar

Oh, insider pro tip: You know the actors wandering around in character as Mickey and what have you? If you get a hug, they’re not allowed to break the hug until you do first. You could tie up whole days doing that should you so desire.

You’re welcome.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Get different STW themed t-shirts for everyday of the cruise and insist that everyone wears the same one as you like Clint Eastwood in Heartbreak Ridge.

Day 1 : Magnetodog

Day 2 : Northwinds oddly constructed Gnarpoon

Day 3 : Badger

etc

nickc

Let people be individuals for gods sake.

individuals

@Rich_s
    family yesterday…

convert

Oh, oh – this might be a bit subtle……..Pirates of the Caribbean theme……you choose Will Turner for yourself who I believe was press ganged into the crew – a commentary on you having to been there under duress.

Or Oliver Twist and you all go in character. Your kids get to help recoup some of the cost with some light fingered action and you get to be Fagin and are required to be creepy/unpleasant to everyone and anyone just to stay in character.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Dress as Minions. Or Shrek. Or any other non-Disney animated characters.
    Make some corporate middle managers teeth itch

simondbarnes
    Rubber_Buccaneer

BTW what is the prize for TOTW? Is it a t-shirt?

singletrackmind

If he’s really lucky the cruise will be to the Isle of Wight penal colony. Which makes Camborne look normal.
    It’s a surreal trip back in time to a land long since forgotten. For good reason, it’s just plain weird.

I once saw , no word of a lie , a couple in matching Peppa Pig jumpers. She wore a mummy pig jumper . The lucky chap was sporting a Daddy Pig jumper. I felt a deep sorrow similar to the feeling I experienced at the mennin gate . One of total senseless loss on a magnitude never seen before .

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

At least you’ve got the shore trip to look forward to.

Unfortunately Zebrugge isn’t Bruge, a bit like Tilbury isn’t London.

ossify

To be serious for a second, matching clothing in these kind of situations can be useful for children.

I visited Blackpool Zoo once, taking 4 young boys by myself. They were wearing matching tops.

Walking around was fun but good grief! It was like herding cats.

Turns out the matching tops was a godsend, I could keep an eye on them easily because I could spot them very quickly in a crowd and keep an eye on them even when run off in different directions to look at things.  Blue with weird pattern in the corner of my eye? No problem.

TL;DR: Matching tops are excellent for keeping track of a group in a crowd. Whether that’s to find them or avoid them, as already pointed out 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 161 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.