Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 161 total)
  • FFS Matching family T-shirts for holiday. Kill me now.
  • Rich_s

Extended family of in-laws are all heading off to a Disney “holiday” later this year. While I’m always impressed at Disney’s ability to strip maximum profit out of any given situation, I’m less impressed with the suggestion put forward by S-I-I-L and M-I-L that we all get matching **** T-****-shirts.

For the entire family.

All I can think of is the Pussay Patrol from The Inbetweeners.
    Yowser

Please STW – either provide me with horrid examples of just how bad I’m going to have to look on holibobs (yuck) or… send me ideas that subtly undermine the Disney ideals that hopefully I can interweave into the family subconsciousness so they might pick it as the design.

scotroutes

Just put your foot down and say NO.

Are you a man or a (Mickey) mouse?

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

This is what’s wrong with the world, what’s wrong with these people? There’s enough crap in the world without stupid t shirts nobody needs.

Rich_s

Yup, I’ve had a couple of pops at the environmental issues of cotton…

“BUt THiNk Ov dA MEmOriEs!!!!!!”

binners

If its good enough for Blackpool, then surely its good enough for Disneyland

fossy

Oh god, are they Yankies ? Nothing more cringe than matching clothing of any kind.

IHN

what’s wrong with these people

Insidious creeping infantilisation, it’s everywhere. People just won’t f___g grow up. See, also, fully grown adults with stickers on their cars saying “powered by fairy dust”, and people in their late thirties wearing Hogwarts hoodies

the-muffin-man

I can’t make out if you’re going or not – if you are, I’d have put my foot down when going to Disney was first suggested! Agreeing to go was your first mistake. 🙂

convert

Where do you live? One of us can surely come round and break your legs. It’ll be worth it in the long run.

You are going to Disneyland with people who want to wear team Tshirts – that, sir, is a low life point right there that even alcohol might not be able to erase.

I’ll return when I’m feeling more mirth inspired. Are we talking Paris or Florida here?

ads678

My problem with it would be when they first mentioned going to Disney Land!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

and people in their late thirties wearing Hogwarts hoodies

Yea, but kids that read Harry Potter at a contemporary age, are now 38.

martinhutch

You should encourage it. Will let you spot and evade the group more easily after you ditch them at the park entrance and head for the nearest bar with a change of clothes.

Anyhow, matching outfits are all the rage at Disney these days, so be careful with your design choices.

jam-bo

When you fill out the esta form, accidentally check the ‘are you a terrorist’ box. An old work colleague of mine did, it took him about two years to sort out and he now has to go to the US embassy in London every time he wants to get a visa to visit his daughter…

J-R

You could always wear it in an ironic postmodernist way and subvert the genre. Or something like that.

Rich_s

When you fill out the esta form, accidentally check the ‘are you a terrorist’ box.

That’s brilliant!

Anyway, what I haven’t said is that we’re not going to Disney. We’re going on a Disney Cruise. That’s right, stuck on a boat full of Disney ****.

tazzymtb

@IHN why do folks need to grow up, we dick around on bikes ffs, so who are we  to judge others maturity?

We are here once, and of someone wants a fairy dust sticker, to be harry potter or still play with lego in their 50’s, they should go for it, You miserable old bugger.

Matchy t shirts though can get in sea

flicker
    Free Member

Couple of lads at work take their families every few years, the costs for a two week Disney ‘experience’ are truly eye watering.

If I was unfortunate enough to be going (at this point I’m assuming someone is covering all my costs, because I certainly wouldn’t be paying for it myself) and I was also unfortunate enough to have in-laws that thought matching clothing was a good idea, I’d be finding the most unsavoury Disney memes/images I could and bombard them with them for t-shirt ideas, until they gave it up as a bad job or completely uninvited me 😁

martinhutch

Anyway, what I haven’t said is that we’re not going to Disney. We’re going on a Disney Cruise. That’s right, stuck on a boat full of Disney ****.

Could be worse…actually, it couldn’t be worse.

The norovirus spread around the buffet by fat-fingered guests will come as a glorious relief because it means you can’t leave your cabin.

scotroutes

Matchy t shirts though can get in sea

Are you suggesting the OP push his family overboard?

Rich_s

Are you suggesting the OP push his family overboard?

Trust me, it would not take me long to figure out the order in which to end them.

the-muffin-man

OMFG!! 😱 😱

Rich_s

Could be worse…actually, it couldn’t be worse.

Oh, it could. It really could. Just wait till I tell you where the cruise is physically going…

ads678

Come on man, let it go!

fossy

I don’t mind Disney (been 3 times) but a Disney Cruise. And at today’s prices. Are you mad.   You do know the whole family will see you as a grumpy old b-stard if you don’t wear one.  I’d make sure I got a broken leg and not go (easy done, fall off bike – a bad sprain should do it). Claim your costs on Insurance, and buy a nice new bike instead.

martinhutch

It is the one that goes to Zeebrugge? Just to Zeebrugge?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

The norovirus spread around the buffet by fat-fingered guests will come as a glorious relief because it means you can’t leave your cabin.

Technically it gets even better, if you’re ill you can’t be onboard so they have to put you ashore and leave you there in some Caribbean paradise with an all inclusive bar to recuperate in. It’s like a modern treasure island, but the treasure is off-brand rum.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Come on man, let it go!

They told him he has to wear one or Elsa.

Rubber_Buccaneer

some Caribbean paradise

Er, he’s sailing for a few days out of Southampton

winston
    Free Member

This one?

ads678

They told him he has to wear one or Elsa.

Its quite serious really, they might look quite goofy but we shouldn’t take the mickey.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Op, tell them the t-shirts are a rubbish idea. Full cosplay of your favourite Disney character for the duration. Who are you going as?

winston
    Free Member

Or this?

martinhutch

If it’s going from Southampton, he should be able to get enough psychedelics aboard to make the experience pleasant enough.

convert

Oh, it could. It really could. Just wait till I tell you where the cruise is physically going…

Oh, man. Please don’t tell us. My empathy hormones are running at max today and I just don’t know if I can stand any more pain.

You know, there are shelters for people in your situation – please don’t suffer in silence. You are with friends here.

edit. And I might come over a bit victim blaming here; but you chose the Tshirt moment to realise that this was not going to go well? That’s like finding yourself in Jacob Reece Mogg’s pleasure dungeon, strapped down and butt plug inserted and only objecting when his choice of pink fluffy handcuffs is not sartorially in keeping with your leather chaps. You were already well and truly ****.

binners

Oh dear lord! Doesn’t that come under the UN’s definition of ‘cruel and unusual torture’?

martinhutch

Apparently Suella Braverman ruled that a plan to send asylum seekers on a Disney Cruise rather than just lock them up on the Bibby Stockholm was too severe a deterrent even for her.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Er, he’s sailing for a few days out of Southampton

Ehhh? Isn’t the whole point of a cruise so you can visit a few nice places in one holiday?

Are you basically going to be in a 24/7 kids birthday party, but seasick bobbing around in the English cannel?

grahamt1980

I’m sat here laughing at the predicament, but it is that ghoulish laughter where if you didn’t laugh you would be just sat in horrified silence.
    Is there any way to emancipate yourself from the family. Otherwise there is no hope

fazzini

Just don’t go 🤷‍♂️ that would be my answer

a11y

I’m sat here laughing at the predicament

I’m not, as it’s too close to home. Mrs a11y’s bought us all matching Endura bike jerseys for our family hol to the Alps – not in the same leage as the OP but it’s a slippery slope from there.

Go on, tell us, where’s the cruise going?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 161 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.