• This topic has 179 replies, 59 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by hora.
Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 180 total)
  • Fat nurses
  • ziggy
    Free Member

Would any of us want a police officer who’d been convicted of corruption look after your case?

If he was trying to convict me, then yes 😉

The only time I have spent in hospital in the last decade was with my son in a childrens ward, not a rotund nurse in sight, in fact they were all fit as.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Would any of us want a police officer who’d been convicted of corruption look after your case?

What’s that suppose to mean………that the overweight nurse who took your blood is as bad as a corrupt copper ? That she is no more capable of doing her job than a corrupt copper is of doing theirs ?

BTW have you found out why she’s overweight ? Steroids for asthma maybe ?…….I’ve certainly seen people balloon after taking them.

Maybe you could ask her next time she’s taking your blood ? ……. you’re obviously very interested.

Of course she might reply with stuff like this :

derek_starship – Member

Thanks for the sympathy you c**ts.

You streaks of piss are so sympathetic.

Welcome to life you considerable idiot.

….like how you did when someone made a comment about your weight.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

and let’s not forget about the bit about ignoring the advice based on experience being ‘contemptible’

NZCol

Fat people are lazy and like to blame everyone but themselves. My Experience only, others experience may differ.

There, i said it.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Fat people are lazy and like to blame everyone but themselves.

I can’t pass judgement on derek_starship like that. And I don’t think you should either.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Fat people are lazy and like to blame everyone but themselves. My Experience only, others experience may differ.

Good, we need more input from chubsters like yourself

Junkyard
    Free Member

it started off very funny ernie but seems cruel now IMHO.
    Derek one can give advice and no what is the correct thing to do and yet not follow this advice. Whether that makes you worse or not i am not sure as long as the advice /info is sound they are compotent to do the job though not be a role model.

Would any of us want a police officer who’d been convicted of corruption look after your case

I think this questions your ability to uphold the law so you loose competency

NZCol

It’s true though. All my experiences of fat, food shovelling barstewards has been the same – can’t do this, can’t do that, not my fault, its my glands, it’s my inability to actually take responsibility for the fact that my lifestyle is so bad that I am now permanently stuck into my seat. I’ve had a gutsfull of it, ha see what i did there.

EDIT: And i wasn’t talking about old Derek there, he looks positively healthy and glowing.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Too late NZCol, were pretty much done here now. Sorry, you could try starting a new thread, see if anyone goes for it there.

NZCol

Damn, always too late, that’s the problem being on the wrong day.

fourbanger
    Free Member

Is it fair to say that derek-starship has some issues?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

it started off very funny ernie but seems cruel now IMHO.

Who talking about being funny ? I only asked the reason for introducing this into the thread :

I want to know that’s got to do with anything, even if ‘a police officer who’d been convicted of corruption was allowed to look after a case’ (which obviously they wouldn’t be) what is the connection ? …..a perfectly legitimate question imo.

Is a nurse who is overweight, for whatever reason (maybe she’s depressed and eating too much ?) guilty of criminal and gross professional misconduct which warrants a custodial sentence for being overweight ?

I take it Junkyard, that your comment refers to the fact that you believe D. Starship should be able to return to this thread and rake over the old arguments, and make as many comments as he wants, without being challenged or questioned by anyone ? Well my understanding is that a forum doesn’t work like that.

Junkyard
    Free Member

no not at all ernie all of us who frequent here can and will be challenged. We will get banter , piss taking and abuse- with varying degrees of humour and intent. The first two are par for the course the third unnecessary if the person has chosen not to “engage” in battle so to speak. So whilst personally I thought your initially comments [earlier on the thread] were cruel , funny and offensive they also made a point. To continue doing it is the unnecessary part IMHO.
    The coppers is poor as my post above showed. i managed to do this without mention of his weight and FWIW he does not look like a fat so and so to me on the latest pic.
    I have some overweight friends some of them are not senistive about this so get banter/abuse. Some are so dont.

molgrips
    Free Member

It’s true though. All my experiences of fat, food shovelling barstewards has been the same – can’t do this, can’t do that, not my fault, its my glands, it’s my inability to actually take responsibility for the fact that my lifestyle is so bad that I am now permanently stuck into my seat

Not mine.

philconsequence
    Free Member

I had blood taken by a fat nurse once.

Well, I say nurse, I think she was actually a flabotomist.

😆

mums a phlebotomist, and not a slim one at that!

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Are the Mods on holiday? (and no not in a scooter ride to Brighton type way), 5 pages of name calling and mud slinging, mixed with obviously true statistics and still this thread rolls on, gotta say though I’ve just re-read it all, and genuinely chuckled in places. To add to the nurse debated once dated a nurse from Poland and she was far from overweight and luckily for me matched my extremely high standards* with regard to morals!!!!

*might not actually be that high a standard

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

To continue doing it is the unnecessary part IMHO.

I agree. Expect that d. starship wants to keep making the point, and in fact, even escalate things by ratcheting up it all up a few notches and comparing an overweight nurse with a corrupt copper – he obviously doesn’t want to let it go.

Let’s be clear what we’re talking about here. D. starship has started a thread titled “Fat nurses”, he knows full well that firstly, it is an inflammatory comment – hence the *dons lots of kevlar* comment in his first post, and that there are a few nurses on this forum. It leads to people making moronic statements such as “Fat people are lazy and like to blame everyone but themselves” and everyone has yet again, a good laugh at the expense of fat people.

I come along and point out that as far as I am aware he is a fat bastard himself, and rather importantly, that he is extremely sensitive with regards to comments about his weight. I ask him if he is no longer fat and whether this is a new-found smuggness on his part.

He posts an unconvincing photo that very conveniently excludes his belly – which was previously huge to say the very least. I get stick for apparently being cruel to the poor sensitive soul, and decide to ease off. He returns with even more inflammatory remarks about fat nurses this time apparently comparing them with criminals. I challenge his absurd comparison and give him a bit more stick. People rally round him to defend his right to make insulting comments without being criticised by me.

That at least, is how I see it……I’m sure someone will say that’s completely wrong.

Pigface
    Free Member

The horse is dead you can stop flogging it now.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Well since I’m not simply responding to my own posts, it clearly isn’t dead. When I post two posts in a row I’ll agree.

hora
    Free Member

I’m still chuckling over the Nurse I had a gentle spat with after I questioned her ability to do her job. I think it was fair when I said to her ‘you’d benefit from a spot of retraining’. Harsh but bloody fair.

In the medical profession there seems to be an element of injuries whilst partaking in sport as to put it bluntly ‘self-inflicted’.

Affectively putting anyone who cares about living their life in the same bracket as injured drunks.

On another note, my ex was stunning and didnt drink much. Then she trained to be a nurse, drank alot and is now abit ‘chunkier’.

Do your job love, its what you chose to do and what you are paid to do. 🙄

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 180 total)

The topic ‘Fat nurses’ is closed to new replies.