• This topic has 14 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Nick.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Fat Freddy's Drop………………..any other lovers out there
  • b_man
    Free Member

Going to se em in Birmingham tomorrow night, can’t wait…. was anyone at the Brixton show in the weekend?

Did they mainly play stuff from their Dr Boondigga & the Big B.W album??

alpin
    Free Member

not been to or going to either show mentioned.

but very good band. saw them in australia years back.

funnily enough, today i turned up at a friends house and he had it playing.

enjoy.

curtisthecat
    Free Member

Seen them play several times, wicked band. Although when I have seen them in London a great part of the crowd tends to be homesick Kiwis/Aussies that are not really into the band.

brack
    Free Member

A big fan of their stuff….very underated!
    I think they need to sack their tour manager though.. Fancy coming all the way over from NZ and not getting in to Glasto ??

NZCol

Yep do like them – have seen them a few times here. And Salmonella Dub a while back were very very good live, Tike Taane left and they are not quite the same. Had a wonderful night in the Opera Hse in Wgtn relaxing on the top tier enjoying the wafting hash smoke from downstairs.

timber

Rammed to capacity in Newquay a few years ago, whole place jumping. Tour manager then was pretty slick on the bass.

Lifer
    Free Member

Many a good night has ended with some Fat Freddy, great band.

On a kinda related note, anyone going to see Easy Star All Stars at the Boileroom in Guilford?

😀

chutney13
    Free Member

I like’em.

peachos
    Free Member

LOVE EM!

picked up on them whilst out in NZ and still listen to them a lot. Boondigga’s not quite as good as Based on a True Story, but it’s still very good.

Wandering Eye = immense!

Also worth checking out (if you haven’t already): Black Seeds, Kora, Fly My Pretties, Rhombus and of course Salmonella Dub.

fourbanger
    Free Member

Saw them play London and Bristol. London was a bit tame, playing a lot of new tracks, Bristol was 100% immense, playing the favourites. Ace!

b_man
    Free Member

They were amazing in Birmingham, as my missus said their albums don’t do them justice, they are just so bloody good live…. a couple of new songs….

Shiverman went off like a box of firecrackers… third time seeing them in the last 8 years…

organic355
    Free Member

I love em!

And lovin these D&B mixes too!!!!!!
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPMqdw-51-A[/video]

kudos100
    Free Member

Awesome band. Based on a true story is one of my favorite albums of the last 10 years.

Nick

I like Midnight Marauders but to be honest find the rest of their stuff a bit bland really.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Fat Freddy's Drop………………..any other lovers out there’ is closed to new replies.