Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • fastpartsforbikes – very low Hoops prices – should I risk it?
  • Deveron53
    Free Member

I know it’s Dave Hinde but stuff very cheap and it’s over 4 years ago that I threatened to paypal dispute them to get my Hope hub back from their returns dept. Feedback is 14000+ with only 9 negatives in last 12 months…
    I really want some Flows on Evos!

(I know a mail order cycle retailer that has actually been thrown off ebay permanently for poor performance!!! So if a trader is still allowed on ebay they can’t be too bad…?)

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

you know its Dave Hinde and you still consider buying from him?

Mister-P
    Free Member

Pay by paypal so if it all goes pear shaped you can get your money back?

Deveron53
    Free Member

that toolhaus thing is an eye-opener! LBS it is then!

Northwind

The only thing I’d buy from Dave Hinde would be a season ticket for kicking him in the nuts.

Deveron53 – Member

So if a trader is still allowed on ebay they can’t be too bad…?)

Ho ho.

mrmo
    Free Member

in the 20 years i have been riding bikes not many shops are still as widely advertised as they were.

So WTF are Dave Hinde still around!!!!! you would have thought they would have disappeared by now.

bobgarrod
    Free Member

lets hope that Dave Hinde and Mark Anthony never go into partnership.

bunnerscj
    Free Member

**** that shit – wouldnt go there with yours !

Onzadog
    Free Member

Just how much of a discount would DH have to offer to make it worth a punt? Pair of hope hoops for a hundred quid?

Xylene
    Free Member

That is amazing how many parcels he has go missing.

parkesie
    Free Member

This one made me chuckle

The item was in a cheap plastic bag,not a boxed Shimano item as discribed. Buyer: Member id 1066peck ( Feedback Score Of 63) Nov-11-10 12:58

Reply by fastpartsforbikes (Nov-12-10 01:51):
    Item was not listed as boxed, quite the opposite – Sold 30 and all happy buyers

New Boxed Shimano Dura Ace Brake Cable Set Complete (#330489203688)

daveh
    Free Member

Bought some road hope hoops recently, winstanleys and bike outlet were just as cheap. I know there have been issues but they’re no way like Dave hinde. Bought from winstanleys, they were very helpful on the phone and I had them in 2 days.

M6TTF
    Free Member

I’d buy from them, but I’d go in the shop to get them. I had a pair about 20 years ago when his rep was excEllent, and had no problems

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Looking at their Ebay feedback, less than 1% of people gave negative or neutral feedback in the last year. 99% gave positive feedback. Interesting given the comments above.

However just a bit of simple googling reveals that their last Ebay shop was closed down by Ebay.

ampthill

I’d loohed at Fastpartsforbikes. I can’t open the link above from TJ

Surely 9 negatives out of 14,000 is pretty good? Or is the implication that this figure isn’t accurate?

climbingkev
    Free Member

Got my hoops from Winstanley’s, they were fine when they eventually arrived after 3 amended delivery dates. However, the axle coverters posted were wrong even after a long phone call to confirm as they were needed for a holiday. This along with other stock was wrong….twice. Not an apology or a call back on one of the 3 occasions they promised. They wouldn’t despatch the correct goods until I returned mine even though I was happy to bridge the cost and get a refund at a later date. “no we want to confirm you’ve received the wrong goods (again)”! Now they’re not paying my return postage as promised.

Will never shop at Winstanley’s again, regardless of price.

….and relax…

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

The only thing I’d buy from Dave Hinde would be a season ticket for kicking him in the nuts.

I’ll have one of those if you can get them.

If DH was the last bike shop on earth, I’d take up golf.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

ampthill its 9 negs 47 neutral in a year from 6700. Still a small % but given their rep and clearly the same things happening………….

tomaso
    Free Member

I bought a pair of excellent Mavic/XT wheels in 1993 from Dave Hinde and everything was hunky dory and the wheels were great. Long time ago though…

ampthill

Actuall the wheels I bought in the 90’s were rubbish. 326 on Dx I think. Both went slack on a tour in spain

jb79
    Free Member

I bought some wheels from them in 1995 when they were written up as the best thing since sliced bread in the mags. They lasted a ride. I then forgot and bought some forks from them earlier this year, without googling their name. Well I got the forks in the end but it was quite an effort and involved a few phone calls, an overcharged credit card and being told to f*** off when I called to ask where my forks were a week after they promised they’d arrive. I asked politely too. He was unable to give me a tracking number but confirmed it was parcel force’s fault.

Just don’t do it.

nick1962
    Free Member

By way of balance…..Got my Hope Hoops on DT rims from fastpartsforbikes a couple of years back.Best price I could find anywhere at the time arrived in a couple of days,no probs. whatsoever.

robnorthcott
    Free Member

FWIW, I bought a couple of chainrings from them off ebay last week with no problems. I didn’t know they had a dodgy history.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘fastpartsforbikes – very low Hoops prices – should I risk it?’ is closed to new replies.