Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 319 total)
  • Famous people on STW?
  • DirtyLyle
    Free Member

I meet loads through work. None, to my knowledge, post on here though.
    The coolest was when Matt Le Tissier popped into my office to say hello.
    A mate of mine boffed Jordan. The celeb, not the country. Though he’d give that a go too, I imagine.

RustySpanner

khani – Member

Who cares..
    I remember..

Nice edit!

She’s very nice isn’t she?
    Never met her, but she always looked like a laugh.
    Famous son too……

jamj1974

aa – Member
    Opened for Gil Scott Heron twice.

Sometimes this place lets you know you are a failure in no uncertain terms. AA I am very, very impressed! What have I been doing with my life…

zokes
    Free Member

A mate of mine boffed Jordan. The celeb, not the country. Though he’d give that a go too, I imagine.

If Jordan’s ‘home video’ I had the displeasure of seeing when at uni was anything to go by, I’d have said the country was the better option.

rewski
    Free Member

I often see Orlando Bloom on the Surrey Hills, he borrowed my tyre levers…

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

brakes – Member

I should be famous for stealing Shergar, but unfortunately no-one knows about it.
    I should be famous for knowing who stole Shergar, but all i have to go on is an internet nom de plume

teasel
    Free Member

He has a really small right foot…

Edit : Orlando Bloom, that is, not Shergar

khani
    Free Member

Tbh it was so long ago I barely remember myself, 😳
    M’old…
    Edit.. 😉

Famous son too

Noooooooo!!!!!!

jamj1974

bentandbroken – Member
    I fixed Donald Sutherlands Wi-Fi for him and he then shook my hand in a funny way resulting in a £20 note ‘appearing’ in my palm

Another one I am jealous of… He is one talented and hilarious mofo.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Also, in answer to the questions
    I killed Bambi
    But I got away with it by framing Roger Rabbit.

redwoods
    Free Member

As some of these posts are of the ‘my milkman’s cousin’s friend stood next to someone famous once’, I’ll add that my uncle was a stormtrooper in Star Wars. His helmet (fnar) was even auctioned off at Christies in 2005 and fetched nearly £20k. Gulp. Gutted to not have been his favourite niece and inherited it!

dr_death
    Free Member

Drac – I was also on the first series of Junior doctors…. It was me that changed the blonde doctors name to Barbie on our computer system…. She wasnt half as annoying in real life.

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

I am a team member in a Scrapheap Challenge type show called Motor Morphers, airing in May on Channel 5, does that count?

boltonjon

Went on a 1st date with a girl last Saturday.

She turned out to be the big sister of the chap is plays Jackson in Shameless

One of my favourite shows – well pleased!

konaboy2275
    Free Member

Saw Dolph Lundgren on a market in Paris a long time ago.

Met Charles Dance when they were filming in Brussels.

Sold a few bottles of beer to Roy Keane when I worked on the bar at Cirque du Soleil.

Was destroyed in an argument trying to defend the north when pissed up at a wedding by Michael Buerk.

But the highlight i think was handing room keys over when I worked in a hotel to (drum roll please)….

Roy Walker from Catchphrase!

40mpg

Most recently, I bumped into some of the Kaiser Chiefs in a guitar shop in Southampton (they were playing the Guildhall that night). ‘I predict you buy it’ </cringe>.

I was also on You’ve Been Framed last year, falling off my bike whilst dressed in a sumo suit, trying to grab a pint of cider from our disco tent during Mountain Mayhem.

But my greatest claim to fame is spending 2 days in a bedroom with Linda Barker and Carol Smilie AND my wife 🙂 Oh and Michael Aspel interrupting our little quartet to do a TIYL on Linda in my back garden 😕

Shibboleth
    Free Member

I’m “The Face” of a holiday park in the north west of England. So I’m on prime time TV adverts several times a day between January and April every year. I have been recognised…

I also get a text message EVERY SINGLE TIME the advert screens from various casual acquaintances saying “Just seen you ont’ telly!”

I also got pulled over by the cops with a drunk R2-D2 actor, Kenny Baker, standing in the passenger footwell of my car, clinging on to the dashboard.

And Christine Hamilton sexually assaulted me… (well, pinched my bum).

logical
    Free Member

I touched a famous person once .

Has the restraining order lapsed yet?

mrsflash
    Free Member

I was Miss October in a calendar once.

IHN

ReadersRiders’ Wives?

robbonzo
    Free Member

I once met Lionel Richie and David Hasslehoff in the space of 10 mins. One was a really nice guy, the other was a douchebag, can you tell which one?

nicko74

Am mate’s with a bloke called Blade who’s fairly famous in tne uk hiphop scene.

Are you Mark B?

I recently learned that at some point in the dim and distant past my wife was courted by Steve Winwood.

Have you asked her who he was singing “Pie of Love” about?

Tom-B
    Free Member

The last time we did this thread didn’t someone claim to have taken Deidre from Corrie ‘up the wrong un’? 😆

murf
    Free Member

Bbc tv series Rockface: I was an extra in the episode they did about an mtb race. Was 1st to ride down the wee bank that they tried to make look steep so I’m in a full on close up!
    Spent a whole day filming 1 scene so swapped gloves with my mate at lunchtime to see if the continuity dept would notice!

RustySpanner

Tom B – Member

The last time we did this thread didn’t someone claim to have taken Deidre from Corrie ‘up the wrong un’?

Inkerman Street?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I can remember someone saying his mate had, erm, fingered Clare Balding. He was the winner.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

you’re half the herbaliser and I claim my £10

alexpalacefan

My mum was Gary Glitter’s doctor!

APF

Cougar

Is this now a ‘how tenuous can we get?’ thread?

Mate of mine’s wife is good friends with the sister of Tony Wright from Terrorvision.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I went to school with the drummer from The Cranberries.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

I got VIP tickets for the darts a couple of years ago, I tried to offer some left over pizza to Will Greenwood on the next table, when he refused, I turned it over and drew a large cock on the base with the black marker from the table and offered it to him again..he still refused. Funny what a free bar does to you.

camo16
    Free Member

I stood next to Paolo Maldini seconds before a Champions League game against Leeds.

In my catering temp days I’ve also served Prince Andrew – three times. He’s a surprising short chap.

Plus, I’ve shouted ‘hey Jack’ out of a taxi window at Jack Charlton. He took it in good part.

And waved at Richard O’Brian. He was quite a long way away, though, which is probably why the wave was not reciprocated.

thepurist

Jet from Gladiators once punched me in the gentleman’s area.

Cougar

The toilets?

hora
    Free Member

Not sure about here but Pistonheads has alot of famous/celeb stars. One that stands out is the custard incident with Jason Plato where someone posted up what a miserable arrogant **** Plato was when he spotted him outside a dry cleaners….then Plato popped up and had a right pop at him. Properly took him down. to prove the poster was Plato someone asked him to take a photo with….custard. Hey presto!

Comedy genius. 😆

portlyone

Jon-Allan Butterworth came to my birthday drinking session last year.

jimster
    Free Member

aracer – Member
    I recently had a letter printed in the Malvern Gazette

Just write to the Malvern Gazette and it gets printed. 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I went to school with the drummer from The Cranberries.

Ah, so THAT’S what the song is about. A youthful DD letting a trouser trumpet linger.

mefty
    Free Member

I recently had a letter printed in the Malvern Gazette

I had a letter printed in the Financial Times but I don’t think this makes me famous, even in my own elevenses.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Seriously?

Impressed.

I’ve worn Greg Rusedski’s trousers while at Wimbledon (and looked daft – his waist is about four inches bigger than mine).

Oh – and my Grandfather worked on several of the early Bond films and counted Roger Moore as a friend.

And my great Grandfather taught Fred Perry to play tennis.

Unfortunately I can neither play tennis, or work in films. Or have met Fred Perry or Roger Moore, for that matter.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 319 total)

The topic ‘Famous people on STW?’ is closed to new replies.