Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Family ride out – Comrie, 10th October
  • matt_outandabout

Copied from SBC forum – everyone is welcome, not just familes or kids. You may have to put up with yours truly running the hot choc’s and haribo stores… 😉

Stirling Bike Club / Wallace Warriors (childrens bike club) are heading off to Comrie Croft on the 10th of October from 10:30-3:30(ish) for a Warriors / family friendly day out. First ride out is at 11am.

Come along and play on the fantastic trails and bike park at Comrie Croft, the day before the Hairy Coo. Comrie has loo’s, cafe (definitely open – we checked), bike wash, bike shop and campsite.

The plan is to have a few rides out – from easy rides on the brilliant blue routes for Level 1 & 2 Riders, to a more challenging ride round the upper trails (including Red graded) for the Level 3, 4’s and 5’s. Even if you have not ventured off-road much, these trails will be ‘friendly’ – and for those who have, we will find you a challenge. There will be a morning ride session and afternoon ride session, we plant to be on site all day.

Note these are not coached rides, and so children need to be accompanied by parent or delegated chaperone (NOT the ride leader). Bikes should be in a good state of repair, and dress for the weather. Helmets are mandatory, and gloves a good idea. Donations to Comrie Trails are appreciated on the day.

Please do come as a family – we will have a warming BBQ (and kettle) on at lunchtime in the club easy up – but please bring your own food and plates etc.

Bags of Haribo are de ri·gueur.

matt_outandabout

bump for the evening crowd.

peabrain
    Free Member

Hey sounds good! We will certainly think about coming – though there is only one of me and 3 kids so not sure how I can accompany them all. Mind you one is 16, so not really a kid.

matt_outandabout

I am sure we can work something out peabrain – what we don’t want is parents dropping off three kids and heading home for the day….

peabrain
    Free Member

No chance of that – home is 2.5 hour drive away 😀

Would the almost 5 year old be old enough to join in – no gears yet so I need to push him up the hill, but he is very capable on the down.

hopefiendboy

hopefully we’ll be up for this!

paladin

That sounds really good, was planning to get down that way during tattie hols, might be tricky getting down for the 10th tho 🙁

matt_outandabout

@peabrain – the Warriors riders are all pedalers and all on gears, but the blue and jumpy park are balance bikeable/no gears. I think you would need to be with little one. Likely I will lead the younger group anyway.

So far the better group has five Warriors and three adults, so we should be able to sneak in your older one. I will email address he ride leaders today (not that they know they are yet…)

peabrain
    Free Member

Yeah, 16 year old rides Fort bIll downhill so will pretty much throw himself at anything. 9 year old happily rides the Laggan reds etc. I will ride with the wee one – he loves the jump park and the blue down.

I will need to double check we can come – how far in advance do you need to know?

euain

Sounds like fun. Randomly, I’m camping there for the weekend for a birthday bash with 4 kids between 3 and 9. Will definitely pop along and say hi – and may well bring a couple of the youngsters out on one of the rides :).

matt_outandabout

The more the merrier. You wont miss our club pop up thing, and the nice warm fire 🙂

peabrain
    Free Member

Not going to be able to make it – Father in Law is away so I am on croft sitting duties…

matt_outandabout

A shame! Next time..

peabrain
    Free Member

Definitely!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Family ride out – Comrie, 10th October’ is closed to new replies.