Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • fabric scoop – how to stop the CREAK
  • joemmo
    Free Member

my Fabric scoop radius has developed a pretty horrendous creak on impact , what’s a good solution for this? Presumably its the rails moving inside the plastic base so I was thinking of trying to get some gorilla glue in the insert points to fill the gap or will this just crack under the pressure?

..and before anyone mentions it, it’s definitely the saddle.

dukeduvet

Same here, read thread below and followed advice to put some grease at points where rails go into base. No squeaking now which is good as it was so annoying. Will have to keep it greased to stay quiet I guess

https://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/chargefabric-scoop-saddle-creakiness/

noltae
    Free Member

Ive had similar issues with my SDG fly – Whilst greasing The rail / carcass interface worked temporarily (The creaking returned after a couple of rides) ive had better success applying loctite 243 .

joemmo
    Free Member

ah yes, loctite could be a good shout, I have some 242 and 243 I think. cheers

tdog
    Free Member

I have this with a Fabric Cell Radius / KS Lev setup and it is utterly bonkers the noise going on.

joemmo
    Free Member

Update on this because I know some people have barely been able to sleep waiting for news.

I loosened the bolts on the clamp (reverb) and it creaked a lot as if it was being relieved of stress. Loctited the spots where the rails insert into the base and did it up again. No creaking

Several rides since and it’s been fine so I’m wondering if the noise was from the clamp or if rails had shifted but were being held in out of place or in tension somehow… not sure.

Anyway, perhaps worth trying. I also cleaned up the clamp head and was careful to torque the bolts evenly.

iainc

Given the noise on loosening my money would be on the clamp and dust/dirt getting into the interface. I get similar noise from my seatpost collar on Anthem (bolt up collar, correct torque and Fox Transfer). It comes on every month or so, and when I release the bolt I get creaks. I undo it, pull post up a bit, wipe down and regrease top few inches of post, and collar/seat tube interface, retorque and all sorted……for a few months.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘fabric scoop – how to stop the CREAK’ is closed to new replies.