Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • F1…
  • smogmonster

Just how much better has i been so far this year? Overtaking, crashes, mad weather…great stuff. After the dirge of the last 7 or 8 years, im loving it.

SST
    Free Member

Those static front hub caps intrigue me!

saladdodger
    Free Member

I hate it this year, it spoils my sunday nap

I used to put it on because it made me feel sleepy not this year though

macmclaren
    Free Member

boring…..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

rOcKeTdOg

that Button seems like a nice chap, a proper win for him, no SC, no rain, just good driving and tactics from the team, well done Brawn

Stoner
    Free Member

any season that sees ferrari with only 3 points after 4 races has got to be a good one 🙂

Zedsdead
    Free Member

Strangely I haven’t seen any this year. Too busy riding BMX.

Anyhow, I’m glad to hear that Jenson is winning. He’s always been a great driver and now he finally has a competative car. Well done.

Bez

After watching most races 1982~2001 I went right off it from the day they introduced the pram wheel tyres. Watched a couple over the last year or so to see Lewis, but I’m back into it this year now proper rubber’s back and traction control’s gone. And good stuff it’s been too – though having the first couple of races’ qualifying and classifications decided off the track nearly put me right off again. Kers is a terrible idea on paper that turns out to mix the racing up nicely.

Looking forward to a grand season-long fight between Button and Vettel, with Alonso and Hamilton always worth keeping an eye on…

RepacK
    Free Member

Its dull, really dull..I cant believe I used to watch it..

DaveGr
    Free Member

Thought it was about to be an exciting finish but then everyone seemed to settle for position or maybe just couldn’t overtake ? No one seemed prepared to give it a go when I thought Trulli could have pushed for a win if he managed to overtake and Barrichello had to overtake to make his 3 lap strategy work.

And does anyone know if this is Ferraris worst ever start to a season? They keep saying they’ve scored three championship points but as the points scoring is different now to in the past the actual 2009 finishing position may be worse.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

any season that sees Ferrari with only 3 points after 4 races has got to be a good one

Why? Ferrari are the most successful and prestigious team in F1. Without Ferrari, the interest in the sport would decrease quite significantly. The mere mention of the name ‘Ferrari’ evokes images and emotions of what F1, indeed, motor-racing as a whole, is all about.

You can stick yer Brawns, yer Red Bulls, yer Maclarens and Toyotas up yer arse!

Brmmm….

brakes
    Free Member

there’s no way Magnum PI could have ever fit in that 308

samuri
    Free Member

I’ve driven a 360. 😉

stonemonkey
    Free Member

isn’t lego good these days , i drove a 550 at a track day . the power…. its funny when you get back in your own car and realise what a piece of poo it is

samuri
    Free Member

My car isn’t half as powerful but it’s a damn sight better put together and 500 times more comfy. Oh, and I can press the pedals seperately without having to take my shoe off.

nickc

Well, I’ll cheer for Brawn, as they’re my home team, and a few mates work there. How’s that?

I think Stoner was perhaps suggesting that a season that starts without the usual Ferrari/Mclaren hegemony is no bad thing.

rOcKeTdOg

i want that lego ferrari

uplink
    Free Member

You’ve got to take your hat off to Ross Brawn – the man’s a genius & with Jenson’s wonderful driving it’s hard to oppose them
    He’s a great economical driver & is able to drive fast when needed & knows how to win with just enough effort – no more, no less

They had the 4th fastest car & knew what was required to stay in the hunt (keep the KERS cars behind you)& Jenson duly obliged after that it was a matter of following Ross’ instructions of when to put the hammer down.

The Toyota strategists – on the other hand – should have been taken round the back of the garages & slapped. They had the speed & the car – the application was somewhat lacking

It would have been good to see them win

hora
    Free Member

Exciting! Glock versus Mutton. Who would have thought the FIA would give the hand of assistance to lesser teams after Ferrari sided with Maclaren huh?

SweetJumps
    Free Member

I reckon they should just let the teams do what they want with the cars, that way we’ll see some proper engineering and really see how fast they can go.
    Bring back Turbos!
    This season is great – Button, Brawn, Virgin – England – Hooray.
    Lets hope they can carry on winning and don’t let those pesky Italians have the last laugh!

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Ferrari are still poor sports even without the German.

The team radio at the start told there drivers that the Brawn was compromised aerodynamically to help cooling, and they should expect it to be slow. And then it danced away.

That must have made them look good in front of the big boss.

MountainMutant
    Free Member

saw my first Enzo on the road yesterday up at Epping Forest. He left half his carbon undertray on a speed bump!

RudeBoy
    Free Member

You get some right knob-ends up Epping, in supercars, of a weekend. Just go up there to pose. Often the playboy kids of very, very wealthy people. There’s quite often bits of Lamborghini, Ferrari or Porsche, left on trees. Most of them really can’t drive the things propply.

higgo
    Free Member

I don’t know if it’s the quality of the (presumably common) TV coverage, the BBC coverage or the new cars but I’m definitely enjoying it this year much more than I have for ages.

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

I think that the KERS system is making a difference – FERRARI love dont they ? keeps blowing up on them haha, Kubica has slowly gone from high potential to loser in 4 races – why the hell Piquet is in a car nobody knows, Hamilton is making the best out of a dismally slow car, (by McClarens standards) – If Toyota can kep a car in one peice they could do well, IT IS A FABULOUS SEASON. Its akin to watching Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsnal, & Chelsea avoid relegation… a refreshing change.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Definitely the most interesting F1 season for as long as I can remember. Hope they dont standardise too many of the new additions like KERS.

uplink
    Free Member

why the hell Piquet is in a car nobody knows

Because Alonso won’t tolerate a strong team mate?

He was actually quite good yesterday

toby1

On the Ferrari front I saw a 599 in the flesh at the weekend and it made the R8 behind look like a little run around, and I’m massive fan of the R8. Basically it’s fooking lovely, go buy one now 🙂

samuri
    Free Member

I bumped into Sharon Davies in the coop in Epping once.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘F1…’ is closed to new replies.