Viewing 40 posts - 1,801 through 1,840 (of 1,907 total)
  • F1 2023 (will 100% contain spoilers)
  • mashr

The cars are back out. . .

the-muffin-man

Cars are on track – hopefully that’s the end of the drama.

Bonus is I can have it on at work! :-)

thols2

This isn’t exactly an instance where the other teams would be up in arms about it

There are millions of dollars in prizemoney at stake for the constructor’s championship standings. Other teams don’t give a shit about what’s fair, they’ll protest if there’s money at stake.

csb
    Free Member

Yet another POV of the incident:

I’ve long though F1 is a boring procession, with the speed and risk rarely being visisble to a layperson. But that video really shows the energies at play. Wow.

multi21
    Free Member

I’m (somewhat) sure there was a (somewhat) good reason that the fans had to leave, but really? Let them sit there in the cold the entire time then turf them out right as it starts?

The disrespect that F1 shows for its fans sometimes is quite remarkable.

the-muffin-man

That’s a slap in the face, and if F1 try and wriggle out of refunds they’ll have empty stands next year too.

From reports I’d read there was a 4am curfew when track action had to end. If it was a staff isssue all staff should have been contracted to be on site until end of proceedings.

mashr

There are millions of dollars in prizemoney at stake for the constructor’s championship standings. Other teams don’t give a shit about what’s fair, they’ll protest if there’s money at stake.

Thats why you’d get their buy-in up front. Anyone that said “no” is going to come out of it looking really crap

the-muffin-man

There are millions of dollars in prizemoney at stake for the constructor’s championship standings.

I’m not sure the prize-money bothers them any more. Under the cost-cap they are spending a fraction of what they used to and are making profits now, not losses.

F1 teams never made profits! :-)

multi21
    Free Member

Anyway Ferrari look like they’ll be quick both in race trim and in quali. Wonder how they will screw this one up?

bails

Anyway Ferrari look like they’ll be quick both in race trim and in quali. Wonder how they will screw this one up?

Sainz has a 10 place penalty for taking a new battery, so that won’t help!

richmtb

Wonder how they will screw this one up?

Ferrari Engineer “We are considering Plan D, E or F”

thols2

I’m (somewhat) sure there was a (somewhat) good reason that the fans had to leave, but really? Let them sit there in the cold the entire time then turf them out right as it starts?

I gather it was because the security personnel were at the limit of their working hours. That’s what happens when you prioritize workers’ rights over corporate profits.

Kryton57

Watching Alonso onboard down that straight was amazing.   

shermer75
    Free Member

Such a shame Sainz got that penalty, Sky were saying they stewards were doing everything they could to try and avoid it

thols2

Who’s this new guy that Williams put in the second car? He seems quick. Glad to see the last of the hopeless clown they had before.

simondbarnes

Bye bye McClaren in qualifying

thols2

Bye bye McClaren in qualifying

Ricciardo must be grinning at making Q2, but Tsunoda and both McLarens getting knocked out.

simondbarnes

Bye bye Checo and Lewis

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

Bye Ricciardo

thols2

thols2

So, nine teams agreed to let it slide but one team refused? Mercedes are 20 points ahead of Ferrari in the constructors’ championship. Let’s face it, no team on the grid would agree to let a rival escape a penalty with that amount of money at stake, especially Red Bull and Ferrari.

simondbarnes

I’m with Max on that one.

multi21
    Free Member

thols2

So, nine teams agreed to let it slide but one team refused? Mercedes are 20 points ahead of Ferrari in the constructors’ championship. Let’s face it, no team on the grid would agree to let a rival escape a penalty with that amount of money at stake, especially Red Bull and Ferrari.

Agree and agree with max. However  I have read that the reports saying Mercedes blocked it are incorrect.

Mercedes said they would have tried to block the waiving of the penalty if it was possible to do so, not that they did block it.

See

https://www.planetf1.com/news/mercedes-deny-carlos-sainz-las-vegas-penalty-reprieve-block#:~:text=Mercedes%20did%20not%20block%20Carlos,stood%2C%20much%20to%20Sainz’s%20disbelief.

shermer75
    Free Member

Agree and agree with max. However  I have read that the reports saying Mercedes blocked it are incorrect.

Mercedes said they would have tried to block the waiving of the penalty if it was possible to do so, not that they did block it.

See

This is what they were saying on Sky also

multi21
    Free Member

Also forgot to say, props to logan Sargeant for p6!

multi21
    Free Member

P7 I meant! 

the-muffin-man

I think it’s time to end Martin’s grid walk – it was good when he was talking to team members and drivers. But I’ve no interest in this stream of nobodys.

the-muffin-man

Anyway – a prediction…

LeClerc will get tagging at the end of the pit straight – end up in the wall at turn 1 – then we’ll have a red flag as there’s no run-off at turn 1! 🤷‍♂️🤣

the-muffin-man

Thankfully Lando is OK – but another tyre comes free from the wheel. Seems to be a big issue with these 18” rims.

tomhoward

Non penalty for max, even he taking the piss out of the stewards with how lenient it was.

dooosuk
    Free Member

Yep, an absolute joke. Back to his old send it up the inside and let the other driver avoid contact tactics.

the-muffin-man

Well – plenty of action even if you don’t like the razzmatazz! 🤣

halifaxpete

Happy that RB’s ‘lets charge off into the distance and take the penalty then’ tactic didnt work out. Makes a change to able to watch a race live, cheers Sky!

the-muffin-man

Did Max just overtake Ocon at the pit exit during the safety car. Ocon already on track – Max coming out.

dooosuk
    Free Member

Could be an interesting last 20 laps.

Was Ocon caught napping as Max exited after his pitstop? Looked like he could have come out in front but Max nipped in front.

the-muffin-man

I was hoping LeClerc was just looking after his tyres – appears not. 🙁

the-muffin-man

Good race – enjoyed that.

Philby

Great overtake by Leclerc on Perez.

multi21
    Free Member

Good race, worth the early start!
    Great drive by Charles.

Ferrari now just 4pts behind merc in the constructors!

thols2

Good race – enjoyed that.

Good race, worth the early start!

Ultimately, whether the event succeeds commercially was always going to rest on whether it provided good racing. I think the teething troubles from the first practice will be completely forgotten and everyone will remember an exciting and unpredictable race. That’s a good thing for the sport.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,801 through 1,840 (of 1,907 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.