Viewing 40 posts - 1,721 through 1,760 (of 1,908 total)
  • F1 2020 (spoilers abound)
  • simondbarnes

That was pretty close

dannybgoode

Interesting point from Brundle that the performance from Russell with be useful in their negotiations with Lewis. Just reminds him Merc have viable options should be push his luck too far.

hugo
    Free Member

Err, George, I’m not sure “balls out” is post qualifying interview safe language.

Brilliant. Keep that lad away from media training.

retro83
    Free Member

Great job by George. Crap job by albon, outqualified by kvyat and gasly 🤦‍♂️ he can’t be long for that seat

joefm

Re. Contract with Lewis. He’s still 7 time WC, and mega famous. His value is not just about pace.

dannybgoode

@joefm. Quite agree however it can’t hurt Merc for him to know there are possible options out there. Seemingly very quick options who would be far cheaper.

WC’s have priced themselves out of negotiations before…

pondo

Not so much the ones that still win… Dude that’s papping himself at the minute has to be Bottas – no pressure tomorrow…. 😉

Bez

I suspect Bottas will have the edge over Russell in the race because managing tyres will be so important (with an abrasive surface, densely-packed traffic and a pit stop costing half a lap) and that’ll be a big challenge in a new car. If anyone’s going to beat him I’d put money on the two guys at the front who can really manage tyres: Verstappen and Perez. And Gasly and Sainz might be ones to watch if the race goes full weird.

Not that I wouldn’t be happy to be proven wrong and see Russell win 🙂

thols2

Yes, Russell has been impressive so far, but this article suggests he hasn’t fully adjusted to the different characteristics of the Merc, so that may affect his race performance too.

https://the-race.com/formula-1/the-williams-origin-of-russells-sakhir-gp-weak-point/

swavis

Dude that’s papping himself at the minute has to be Bottas – no pressure tomorrow….

Oh I dunno, I bet Albon is experiencing a bit of squeaky bum time 😆

Klunk
    Free Member

Lewis to Russell “Yeah sure you can drive it, just don’t scratch it. It’s a championship winning car!”.

thols2

I bet Albon is experiencing a bit of squeaky bum time

Ocon too. He’s looked weak compared to Ricciardo and next year will have Alonso as his teammate. Wasn’t so long ago he was considered a contender for a Merc seat, but now Russell’s swooped in and stolen that. If he doesn’t do a lot better next year, Renault will be looking at Hulkenberg and Perez as potentially better number 2 drivers.

thols2

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Shame he wont get to race next week. So happy he’s heading home under his own steam and not in a box, that’s going to be one very special family Christmas.

Klunk
    Free Member

LOL @ sky running

crazy-legs

Ooh, more high drama! Great start from Russell, that was amazing!

simondbarnes

Oops

retro83
    Free Member

WHAT A START !!

Klunk
    Free Member

crashstappen leave that wall alone.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Excellent!

crazy-legs

This is suddenly looking incredible for both Mercs. Everything crossed for George Russell, what a feeling it must be to go from consistently mid-pack in a Williams to suddenly leading with a strong chance of winning in a Merc!

Klunk
    Free Member

could have lifted max

dannybgoode

That’s just what George needed. With Max out second today tied up second for Bottas in the championship so no need for team orders to gift Bottas the win.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Could we have more replays of Horner’s face please?

crazy-legs

The radio from Russell is quite entertaining – he’s reminding the team to tell him to stop in the first pit box, not the normal one he goes to and still asking what some of the buttons on the steering wheel do!

Klunk
    Free Member

even though they like to “big” up max’s chances once he’s missed out on the lead off the start he’s not going to win.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Yawn. Just another procession.

😉

Klunk
    Free Member

Russell driving it like he stole it 😀

dannybgoode

Spiced things up 😀

simondbarnes

That’s merc screwed

dannybgoode

Ooofff

Klunk
    Free Member

good grief

eddiebaby
    Free Member

WTAF?!

nickewen
    Free Member

“Should be plenty of pace on these tyres”

Russell “I **** hope so!”

😂

nickewen
    Free Member

Mechanic on front left clocked what had happened I think and avoided same happening on Bottas. Interesting dynamic now with the Merc on faster tyres behind!

simondbarnes

Nicely done by George there

crazy-legs

What happens to the points and things here?

Russell normally drives for Williams, accruing (presumably) points for himself in the Driver Champs and points for Williams in the Constructors.

He’s now been seconded to Merc, fair enough – does he still get Championship points and what about Constructors? Also, given the level of secrecy around car tech, what happens with a driver swapping between teams and potentially taking tech info between teams?

thegreatape
    Free Member

I genuinely don’t know who I want to win out of these two.

simondbarnes

What happens to the points and things here?

Constructors points for the team you’re driving for, championship points for yourself.

simondbarnes

I’d quite like to see Checo win.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,721 through 1,760 (of 1,908 total)

The topic ‘F1 2020 (spoilers abound)’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM