Viewing 40 posts - 761 through 800 (of 1,908 total)
  • F1 2020 (spoilers abound)
  • Pook

Brilliant!

Lando Norri

S

rOcKeTdOg

That is class

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Hew much does Lewis pay for a helmet spray? 🙂

thepurist

Hew much does Lewis pay for a helmet spray?

With his fame I doubt he has to pay any more. #NotAEuphemism

I’d love the hulk to come back, smash lance strolls time to bits and walk off with a podium. That’s give stroll snr something to think about though I bet he’d still keep lance in the car.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Oh man. Isn’t there a clause in Perez’s contract that could see him released if he’s not beating his team mate’s points score by the end of July? Poor guy, he really doesn’t deserve to lose his seat this way. Racing Point/Aston Martin will have a serious problem with credibility if they drop him for the owner’s son next year.

Here’s hoping that Perez’s recovery is swift and that he’s back in the car as soon as.

PJM1974
    Free Member

And Lando’s race lid is absolute class. What a lovely thing to do.

Twodogs

And Lando’s race lid is absolute class. What a lovely thing to do.

This….so much better than all the those over designed things that look the same

boomerlives
    Free Member

I hope it’s damp. Perez is poor in the wet, much worse than Stroll, and Hulk is pretty good.

If the Hulk can get his first podium after his career has effectively ended that would be a consolation.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Last I read last night is Perez tested +ve for Covid and The Hulk might get his seat instead for at least this race.

escrs
    Free Member
    hols2
    Free Member

oomidamon

Good to see Hulk in the Tracing Point, a podium for him would be amazing.

hols2
    Free Member

What would be ironic is if Hulk finally gets on the podium but then Renault (his former team) win their protest and his result is disqualified.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Yay!! Just realised that this race is live in full on Ch4! Whoopie do!!!!

retro83
    Free Member

What a lap! 3 tenths ahead of bottas. Pleased for norris and Russell as well.

Poor showing from vettel again.

Klunk
    Free Member

ol’ Horner thought they would be 0.3 in it on the softs LOL

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

Merc are really taking the p**s. They run around q1/2/3 engines turned to eco mode to keep everyone interested and probably give Tracing point strat mode to makie it look closer than it is. Quite frankly its begining to be a bore fest. The shining light is Norris squeezing every ounce of performance out of the car.

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

are the mercs using Das? gone strangely quiet

retro83
    Free Member

Klunk
    ol’ Horner thought they would be 0.3 in it on the softs LOL

yeah over double that in the end to bottas let alone Hamilton!

Wonder how long they’ll give albon the benefit of the doubt…

Klunk
    Free Member

Merc are really taking the p**s.

this is a direct consequence of Ferrari’s fuel flow shenanigans, mercedes had to push so hard to compete with and beat an illegal car It’s now left them with an unassailable advantage.

Bez

Very impressive from Russell, a second quicker than his teammate in Q2. Vettel looked scrappy throughout; I know the car’s light on downforce and a bit of a handful, but even so… Huge difference between the Red Bulls as well; real shame for Albon, as he put in some top class overtakes last year and it’ll be a shame if he’s not able to bring that to the sharp end of a race.

retro83
    Free Member

5 place grid drop for russell

hugo
    Free Member

Merc are really taking the p**s.

Endlessly amusing that “high rake” is the golden ticket and the only team that don’t follow that blueprint are going to win the constructors for the 7th time in a row.

But, but, HIGH RAKE!!!

wardee
    Free Member

But, but, HIGH RAKE!!!

One of the c4 commentators remarked during practice that Mercedes appear to be running a higher rake this weekend.

Still not as extreme as red bull, but headed in that direction.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Surely they can’t just crack up the rake? The rest of the aero must be altered to make it work well?

hugo
    Free Member

Surely they can’t just crack up the rake? The rest of the aero must be altered to make it work well?

Yep, it’s an intrinsic part of the whole car design.

Mercedes may well be running higher rake, than normal, but this is relatively speaking.

The issue, I’d have thought, with high rake cars is that the aero under the car liable to be far more flaky than air through and over the top. I’m sure it works amazingly in the wind tunnel, but cranking it up on track with suspension movement, direction changes, etc, means that it may not have the drivers confidence. Any interruption in the flow could mean the whole floor losing down force – the higher the rake the bigger the potential gain but less room for error. A lot more detail to the fluid dynamics of it but remembering back to my mech eng days and how sensitive ground effect wings where compared to regular aerofoil wings!

Anyway, waffle over!

ebennett

Endlessly amusing that “high rake” is the golden ticket and the only team that don’t follow that blueprint are going to win the constructors for the 7th time in a row.

I seem to remember a secret aerodynamicist article on the BBC website where they were saying that, apart from Merc, most of the other teams copied the high rake philosophy from red bull without really understanding it because they assumed if Adrian Newey was doing it it must be ‘right’. Not really looking that way right now!

bigdaddy

After all that, Nico Hulkenberg doesn’t even get to start! Lady Luck owes him big time!

simondbarnes

Tyre carnage!

mashr

Well this is an unexpected finish

tomhoward

Lucky boy…

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Bugger me!

retro83
    Free Member

Woah!

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Squeaky bum time 🤪

hamishthecat
    Free Member

I think LH has taken all Hulk’s good luck.

thepurist

Want to see how Ricciardo got past Norri S – I assume lando got stymied when sainz punctured?

tomhoward

Could LH have crossed the finish line in the pit lane? IIRC the pit entry to the finish line is much shorter than the actual track (to the point that in laps aren’t counted for the fastest lap) plus less risk as only one corner, not that it matters now, but still.

Klunk
    Free Member

nerves of bloody steel to have his foot planted down the hangar straight.

wardee
    Free Member

Could LH have crossed the finish line in the pit lane?

Schumacher won the Britsh GP from the pit lane with the assistance of some very dodgy stewards in the late 90’s.

Ferrari brought Schumacher in for a stop go penalty on the last lap but their pit box was after the line. The stewards were going to add 10 seconds to the time but mclaren protested because that’s less than the 25 seconds a stop go should have cost and meant Schumacher still won.

Ferrari then escaped all penaltys on a technicality because the stewards took too long to reach a formal decision.

The stewards were sacked and I’m pretty sure that finishing the race in the pit lane is now classed as retirement as a result.

Viewing 40 posts - 761 through 800 (of 1,908 total)

The topic ‘F1 2020 (spoilers abound)’ is closed to new replies.