Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Exposure 24/12 – the sanitised edition!
  • dai1983
    Free Member

Results are out and say I came 11th AND 20th of the solo 12 😂

Think I did too much too soon so was blowing out the rest of the day. In awe of hoe people can go so fast for so long.

Loved the party tent in the wood blasting out Annie Lennox at 0630 this morning.

MrsToast
    Free Member

The online results seem to be a bit screwy, my one mate’s first lap apparently took 6 hours, my husband competed in both the 12 and 24 hour solo races, and my other mate who got a podium has her entire category missing!

padkinson
    Free Member

I had a bit of a sad time. Was leading the 12hr solos and had just gotten a reasonable gap to 2nd when I got caught up in a crash in front and squished my leg (on the end of a handlebar I think). I tried popping some pills and doing another couple of laps but it just wasn’t fun, and any hopes of a jersey had gone up the road.

Ah well, next year!

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Chapeau to those of you doing solo, particularly the 24hrs…… I was in a 12hr male vets team & I think we scraped into the top 10. Not too shabby when you consider the combined age is well over 200! We’ll be back next year with a bit of luck..

Kryton57

Bad luck @padkinson, you came past me on about lap 3 I think and I thought blimey thats ambitious 😀 but if you could have maintained that pace or at least dropped off constantly with everyone else you’d have been there or thereabouts for sure.

I’m feeling every one of my 49.5 years today, ouch…

jay_tht
    Free Member

Well done all who raced we sure did get lucky with the weather. Me and my son and mate got down and got tents up before all the wind and rain turned up. In the end me and Son slept in the car as by 2am the boy could not stand the tent. Not much sleep there that night I guess training for a 24hrs solo 😱.

Got a lap in Friday to see how the course was bit of everything in it drop rocks roots flowing trails and the classic Cottage Return to get those smiles in. The grass climb well it was pain but once over the steep bit was not that bad. But that rooty couner

Had some dizzy moments around 4am when I had a food stop lucky wife A&E nurse so a lay down on the floor legs on chair got me sorted.

Great support for people cheering at the sides and from riders out on the course.

Last lap was ace seemed to get a pace on when told at top of climb you got 28mins..

All in all very happy with getting 2nd in 24hr solo vets legs back arms knees fell it now..

Again well done who raced, supported, cheered etr.

richardk
    Free Member

What an awesome event! Great to be back doing big events with a good vibe.

as a team of 4 in the 12hrs, I think we came 21st out of 23 but we all had a great time with 3 of the team not having raced in 30 years!

Astonishing speed and consistency from some of you, I was doing 33-34 minute laps and was regularly passed. And lots of politeness as well, no barging through in narrow spots.

see you next year!

abingham

I did the Enduro and was quite envious not to be able to ride the main event – I’ll be in next year!
    Anyone know where the Enduro photos are? Didn’t see any from that event on the above link…

steve_b77
    Free Member

I did about as well as expected if I’m honest, 19th in 12hr solo after dropping out at 8pm and some distinctly leisurely breaks, the longest I’ve sat on my mtb since October 2018 so no real surprises there.

The lads in Open Male 12hr had a blinding ride, after leading for the first few hours one of them got a little fatigued due to a mid-week sickness bug, but they held on and came 2nd, bloody good for a bunch of 16 and 17yr olds.

Our youngest team member had a cracking ride in the U14 race on Saturday morning and got 2nd.

Was a good weekend, and the spark may’ve been reignited for 12 & 24hr racing after a few years off.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Exposure 24/12 – the sanitised edition!’ is closed to new replies.