Viewing 34 posts - 81 through 114 (of 114 total)
  • Ex-gf advice needed
  • project
    Free Member

Ex of 7 years means extinct relationship, take a male mate with you and tell her she was was just a front and youre really gay.

woody2000

Sam – I reckon you need some help TBH. Have you considered counselling?

You should go, be nice & say hello, but remain distant. Past is past for a reason.

🙂

specialknees
    Free Member

Don’t forget he may be Knobbing her now but you was there before him, when she was much younger (and altogether fitter).
    You had her when her cherry was a cherry, before it turned into a prune.!
    When you get there, Look him and her in the eye. Just smile, not the usual smile like the one you use when something pleases you.No, I mean a sort of smug smile. Keep that smile-up for about 30 seconds while thinking the Cherry thing I suggested, look her up and down a bit if yoiu want but dont overdoo that bit.

They will both read your mind I guarantee it.

Should kick things off nicely.

Walk tall and proud.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Then phone the ambulance when mr over protective batters you with his 12″ black rubber prosthesis…..

ononeorange

Impressed at your skills. Not sure I’d got as far as actually talking to the opposite sex within 7 years of leaving college.

hora
    Free Member

Careful folks with the jappery. Someone may put a post up saying its too male on here/sexist yet the personal attacks seem to be fair game.

wwaswas

That’s more likely to happen if someone resurrects a thread last posted on two days ago, surely

emsz
    Free Member

She’s not an Ex, she’s someone you used to know. An ex is a few months ago, or maybe a year. 7 years is just silly. 🙄

Listen to nickf. his advice is cool.

bazookajoe
    Free Member

It was this weekend was it not? Will we get an update? Was it all fine? Or did it all crash and burn?

radar
    Free Member

all a bit Simon Bate’s “Our Tune”ish isn’t it?

CountZero

I think the thing that worries me is that splitting up was very painful (it was my fault entirely – acting like an idiot) and I think I do still have feelings for her. The acid test for this is that – if she were to suggest another go – I’d say yes

Pretty much the same scenario with me, but much longer ago. Didn’t see her for six months, but when I did, she was really sweet and lovely.
    We kept in touch for ages, occasionally having a drink, then some eight or so years ago she sent some books back with a really cold letter after I’d dropped off some photos in passing. I wanted the books back, and she’d said I could go and get them, then phoned back, sounding upset, saying it wasn’t a good idea. Then boyfriend issue, I think. I didn’t think leaving the pics would be an issue, but it was.
    Forward to last year, after seeing and hearing nothing, I found she was in a folk band, playing in Lechlade.
    I went along, dreading what she would say, and it was great, big hug and smile, she was her old sweet lovely self.
    More than anything else, while we’re in no way close, we’re still friends, and that, more than anything else makes me very happy indeed.
    As it happens, I’ve managed to stay friends with most of my ex g/f’s, even been to the weddings of three of them.

honkiebikedude
    Free Member

He stabbed her to death with with a sausage on a stick, now looking at twenty to life for murd-der (said with a Scotish accent, think Tagart).

Sandwich

SUMO

kaesae
    Free Member

I say Ha ha and eh Ha!!!!

Mac
    Free Member

Has no one requested photos yet?

This thread is pointless without photos.

hels
    Free Member

7 years ?? I’d be more worried that she remembers who you are. Perhaps a name tag might help ? With a few key highlights from your relationship to jog her memory.

derekrides
    Free Member

I can’t help thinking what it’s going to be like for her, arriving at the party happily married with her hubby..

“Who’s that guy keeps looking at you?”
    “Oh no-one really just some guy who was a cock to me years ago”
    “Shall I deck him?”
    “No, no he’s harmless, just a bit of a stalker these days, spends most of his time hanging out on the internet asking for advice about wether to speak to me or not”
    “Still a cock then?”
    “Yep.”

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

Saw this on a mates website & thought it may be appropriate

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

SamB – stop snivelling in the corner and explain to us all exactly how you humiliated yourself this weekend!

Harry_the_Spider

He’s either cuddling up with his ex or cuddling up with his new cell mate.

SamB
    Free Member

OK, since you’re clamouring for an update 😉

First off – thanks for the advice (and other input) in the thread. I found that thinking of her as someone I knew seven years ago helped – it’s true, we’ve hardly spoken since and I was pining after someone who didn’t exist any more. That helped sort my head out a bit!

Secondly: went to the party anyway, and she didn’t show. Would have been nice to be sure that I’m feeling better about everything by seeing her, but had a good night out regardless 🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’m guessing that means she too feels the same way and knew it wouldn’t be fair to drag her husband along to this party just for him to witness her flirting with you.

You thought of adding her back to your facebook and then updating us in a month?

SamB
    Free Member

Thanks STY but I think I’m good as I am 🙂

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

Secondly: went to the party anyway, and she didn’t show.

She must have heard you were coming and couldn’t trust herself not to throw away the marriage and start again with you.

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

– have had a couple of 2-year relationships and a couple of 6-month ones, currently single

Actually, I suspect that what was really happening was that you didn’t want to turn up and look like a loser (not being judgemental BTW – just a suggestion that the problem might have been your insecurity in the face of her “progress” since you split – pretty common reaction I would have thought).

Anyway all went well so just try to forget the whole thing and hope you don’t get invited to any more parties.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Hmmm you really could have done with proper closure, time to start stalking her probably maybe.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

time to start stalking her probably maybe

Nothing says closure like eating a pot noodle whilst wearing your ex’s knickers.

Harry_the_Spider

went to the party anyway, and she didn’t show

After all this SHE DIDN’T BLOODY SHOW!

Maybe she is a fellow STW forum member. Has anyone ever seen CFH or Ernie_Lynch?

Tiger6791

went to the party anyway, and she didn’t show

Love it

flippinheckler
    Free Member

The restraining order must still be in place if she didn’t show! 😆

sobriety
    Free Member

Nothing says closure like eating a pot noodle whilst wearing your ex’s knickers.

What kind of pot noodle?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Spicy beef… obviously 🙄

sobriety
    Free Member

I’d lean more towards the chicken and mushroom, just because they’re proper horrible

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

To be fair, you need to go for whichever flavour you used to eat off of your ex during sexy time.

Viewing 34 posts - 81 through 114 (of 114 total)

The topic ‘Ex-gf advice needed’ is closed to new replies.