Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Evolution Stories: Katy Winton’s Dyslexia Journey 
  • stwhannah

Andy McKenna continues his exploration of mountain biking and the lives of mountain bikers beyond the trail, as he finds his own way through life as h …

By stwhannah

Get the full story here:

Evolution Stories: Katy Winton’s Dyslexia Journey 

Drac

Fabulous. That hit home a bit with me, spent my school years hating it as I was told I was thick, I’d amount to nothing and I need to listen. Well **** you is the attitude I took and I’ve succeeded in my career. Shame it’s only in the last decade that it’s become more acceptable to be dyslexic and schools are getting better at supporting as are many employers.

maccruiskeen

Our school headmaster told my parents at a parents evening that “children in this school aren’t middle class enough to be dyslexic or working class enough to be autistic”

RustyNissanPrairie

MrsRNP was let down by a Calder Valley school due to undiagnosed Dyslexia but I guess that was a sign of the times.

Has thrived in life and career since.

hooli

Great video. The message is a great one for all kids, not just those with dyslexia. My nan had a phrase she used to say to us “everybody is good at something, you just need to find out what your something is”.

duncancallum

I struggled with dyslexia. Still do with certain tasks however as I’ve got older its not so much of an issue and I can normally find a work around or process to help.

I find my thought processes are different which can and often is a bonus

MoreCashThanDash

The message is a great one for all kids, not just those with dyslexia. My nan had a phrase she used to say to us “everybody is good at something, you just need to find out what your something is”.

Agreed – my kids are academically bright and no issues like dyslexia, but once they’d found their “thing” they have really progressed in and out of education.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM